Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oranga tamariki to cut 419 jobs
That seems rather a  lot & it's sure to have an effect on their efficiency.

https://wellington.scoop.co.nz/?p=161895

https://www.thepress.co.nz/politics/3503...a-tamariki
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Thereby making a disastrous situation worse than ever.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
My friend who is raising her grandson receives support because he has a verified diagnosis of childhood ptsd, which makes his behaviour really challenging. She has just been told his therapy will no longer be funded, his mentorship support is gone, and he will no longer receive funding for the special education programme he qualified for under the previous regime. He turns 13 next birthday, and she is deeply worried about her own physical safety with these programmes being withdrawn.

But the disabled, it seems, are not as important as landlords. I guess their votes aren't quite so influential.
Its both saddening & sickening, that we appear to have a govt so blatant in their utter disregard for those worst off, that they can do things like this when they cannot fail to be well aware of the likely consequences for those affected by it.

It reminds of both the first Labour govt to impose Neoliberalism & the National one which followed it; both rode roughshod over any attempt at protest & carried on regardless, just as this one seems to be doing. Although, they did at least move to allow the cancer drugs they promised - but only after an outcry.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The government needs bodies for their boot camps, and also for the soon to be privatised prisons...their supporters need the money.
I do have other cameras!
What we're witnessing is a government that treats every social responsibility as a business opportunity. The electorate is starting to wake up to the coalition's true colours and are increasingly waiting for an opportunity to set things straight. The longer we wait for an election, the stronger the discontent will grow.
(26-06-2024, 06:27 PM)harm_less Wrote: What we're witnessing is a government that treats every social responsibility as a business opportunity. The electorate is starting to wake up to the coalition's true colours and are increasingly waiting for an opportunity to set things straight. The longer we wait for an election, the stronger the discontent will grow.

Next week might prove interesting... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
The 'return on social investment' thing that rose out of neo liberalism. When personnel became human resources...

Profit out of people. Ignoring the reality that wellness has a value that permeates every aspect of society, including productivity.
(26-06-2024, 07:35 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The 'return on social investment' thing that rose out of neo liberalism. When personnel became human resources...

Profit out of people. Ignoring the reality that wellness has a value that permeates every aspect of society, including productivity.

Yeah..people don't count - just profit.

I cannot comprehend how people like that are able to sleep at night. Time we taught empathy in every school thoughout the entire schooling years of each child, & maybe find a way to include their parents.