Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israeli govt grabs more territory
Israel has approved the largest land grab in decades, about 4.9 sq. miles of the Jordan valley. Obviously their govt isn't bothered by either a conscience or the opinion of other countries. Dodgy

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cv2g8r0nppgo
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Seems even a number of jews don't support their zionist government.
I don't think he's going to stop unfortunately.
They have lots of ultra orthodox Jews & most tend to be very right wing so it seems unlikely that he'll stop, despite the protests from those opposed to their govt.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It is about Zionism, which is an ideology far more radical than many are aware of. Opposition to it is often mistaken for and mislabeled as anti Semitism, which it is most definitely not.
(05-07-2024, 04:26 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It is about Zionism,  which is an ideology far more radical than many are aware of. Opposition to it is often mistaken for and mislabeled as anti Semitism, which it is most definitely not.

I don't know much about Zionism, apart from them believing that they're entitled to Israel as their ancestral home country but even I can manage to understand that disliking/disagreeing with Zionism isn't at all the same as anti semitism.
And  I do have to wonder whether claiming anti semitism isn't a convenient claim to make, just now.
Broad brushing to silence the challengers. It is a technique as old as man...
(05-07-2024, 08:17 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Broad brushing to silence the challengers. It is a technique as old as man...

We really aren't a very nice species sometimes.

As well as being nuts - I remain unconvinced that Earth isn't actually the insane asylum for the universe. Rolleyes
(05-07-2024, 07:13 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 04:26 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It is about Zionism,  which is an ideology far more radical than many are aware of. Opposition to it is often mistaken for and mislabeled as anti Semitism, which it is most definitely not.

I don't know much about Zionism, apart from them believing that they're entitled to Israel as their ancestral home country but even I can manage to understand that disliking/disagreeing with Zionism isn't at all the same as anti semitism.
And  I do have to wonder whether claiming anti semitism isn't a convenient claim to make, just now.

What im finding is the term anti semitism has quite a broad use these days and those using it no longer even know its true meaning.