Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump vs Biden
Having watched that train wreck of a 'debate' it was apparent to me that Trump was able to spout lies and misinformation quicker than Biden's ability to comprehend the torrent of BS that he was hearing leave alone retaliate effectively.

As one of the post debate commentators said it was very much watching an old man up against a con man. In any case the US is in serious trouble if these two are the only choices they have to vote for as POTUS.
That old saying comes to mind, we get the leadership we deserve...

If America doesn't want this then they need to act. Not as if they don't know how to run a revolution.
If Biden falls before the election, what happens? That man is ailing...

And trump is a dishonest conman.

Poor America.
Oh, and did you watch the Daily Show follow up? The last few minutes gave me a spark of hope for the US...
Trump was the one who looked Presidential- Biden was an embarrassment- and I think Trump's an idiot.

Looking at a number of articles about it it is clear the Democrats are very worried. And they should be .
I think both looked like walking disasters. But hey - they do make our current lot look like a pack pf the bigliest geniuses!
Humourous slightly embellished transcript of yesterday's debate. As ridiculous as parts of it are it's generally far more accurate than they should be  Confused
(28-06-2024, 08:35 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Trump was the one who looked Presidential- Biden was an embarrassment- and I think Trump's an idiot.

Looking at a number of articles about it it is clear the Democrats are very worried.  And they should be .
Damm right they should be!
That old fart Biden is not presidential material.
The debate was utterly embarrassing to Biden and the Democrats.
Surprised he did not step down this term and hand the keys over to Harris.
But hey, the upside is that America has now seen first hand the damage that Biden has done to the country and won't be voting him back in this time round.
Even better is we will see 3 terms for Trump.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
More than 50 fact checked lies...

Oh yes, a lying toad back in the White House. Just what the world needs.
(29-06-2024, 11:17 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: ....
Your knowledge of the US political system seems a tad faulty. Trump has already had one term as president. If he manages to win the coming election that will be his last term as 2 is their limit in that job.
Maybe we should put a use by date on some of our lot...
(28-06-2024, 07:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh, and did you watch the Daily Show follow up? The last few minutes gave me a spark of hope for the US...
Smile
I am enjoying his irreverence...
(30-06-2024, 11:35 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(28-06-2024, 07:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh, and did you watch the Daily Show follow up? The last few minutes gave me a spark of hope for the US...
Smile

His final comments said it all...poor people.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(30-06-2024, 10:39 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(29-06-2024, 11:17 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: ....
Your knowledge of the US political system seems a tad faulty. Trump has already had one term as president. If he manages to win the coming election that will be his last term as 2 is their limit in that job.
That kind of sucks, but I always thought it was 2 consecutive terms.

Anyway, look at this here.
Good laugh.
https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1807757765655625890
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
That is why Obama hasn't been put on the ticket...

Interesting watching Biden's response to the Scotus madness yesterday. As a contrast to the debate. The man seems to have an on off button to his lucidity.
(02-07-2024, 10:50 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(30-06-2024, 10:39 AM)harm_less Wrote: Your knowledge of the US political system seems a tad faulty. Trump has already had one term as president. If he manages to win the coming election that will be his last term as 2 is their limit in that job.
That kind of sucks, but I always thought it was 2 consecutive terms.

Good laugh.
Blindsided by the torrent of lies emanating from Trump. Not surprised he struggled to maintain focus. The lack of moderation and fact checking by the adjudicators also played right into Trumps rapid fire BS strategy.
(03-07-2024, 11:06 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(02-07-2024, 10:50 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: That kind of sucks, but I always thought it was 2 consecutive terms.

Good laugh.
Blindsided by the torrent of lies emanating from Trump. Not surprised he struggled to maintain focus. The lack of moderation and fact checking by the adjudicators also played right into Trumps rapid fire BS strategy.

The moderators aren't there to fact check - that was Biden's responsibility to pull Trump up in his rebuttals but Biden just wasn't up to it.
(09-07-2024, 08:21 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 11:06 AM)harm_less Wrote: Blindsided by the torrent of lies emanating from Trump. Not surprised he struggled to maintain focus. The lack of moderation and fact checking by the adjudicators also played right into Trumps rapid fire BS strategy.

The moderators aren't there to fact check - that was Biden's responsibility to pull Trump up in his rebuttals but Biden just wasn't up to it.
If you watched the entire debate including the lead in from NBC with their 'terms of engagement' spiel it was stated that fact checking was to take place, which I assume was mainly thought necessary to prevent Trumps propensity for outrageous lying turning the event into a fictional political theatre.

As it turned out the fact checking occurred in the after debate postmortem which was of little help to Biden or the integrity of the 'debate's' content as it turned out. 

Also the time limited rebuttals allowed to Trump and especially Biden was insufficient to address the amount of disinformation from Trump, as I was alluding to.