Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darlene Tana not looking to go quietly
https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/07/08/darle...-findings/

Will they initiate the Waka jumping legislation to oust her?  Will she move camps to TPM?  Or will she just sit drawing her $166k salary as an independent until 2026?
Based on Winston Peters comments this morning about TPM standards etc, I can't really see them accepting her, and given the defiance in her position and tone, my money is on she will stay on as an independent.
From what I can gather Greens aren't to keen on the Waka jumping, will be interesting to see what they do in that respect.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
She'd probably do better to just leave as gracefully as is now possible; its difficult to see any other party accepting her - possibly ACT but even that's unlikely.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Darlene sounds like a perfect fit for a rightwing party - entitled, scum business ripping off immigrants. Perfect rightwing "ethics".
I do have other cameras!
(09-07-2024, 12:48 PM)Praktica Wrote: Darlene sounds like a perfect fit for a rightwing party - entitled, scum business ripping off immigrants. Perfect rightwing "ethics".

And yet she is a Green MP.   Seems The Greens can be as entitled as any other MP.

(09-07-2024, 09:05 AM)king1 Wrote: Based on Winston Peters comments this morning about TPM standards etc, I can't really see them accepting her, and given the defiance in her position and tone, my money is on she will stay on as an independent. 
From what I can gather Greens aren't to keen on the Waka jumping, will be interesting to see what they do in that respect.
TPM have standards?  Who knew?
(09-07-2024, 12:28 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: She'd probably  do better to just leave as gracefully as is now possible; its difficult to see any other party accepting her - possibly ACT but even that's unlikely.

Chloe said on RNZ this morning that The Greens will resort to using the Waka jumping provisions if they have to, so Darleen surely will choose to leave now with a few shreds of dignity, rather than waiting to be formally dismissed by the Speaker.

I don't see this debacle as being especially damaging to the party other than showing that in the past they have been too trusting in their candidate selection process.  Obviously that will be tightened up now, and they have demonstrated good process otherwise.
Expecting a bad egg not to behave like a bad egg is optimistic at best.

Instead of responding after the fact, howabout ALL parties do better due diligence on selection. Increase the reference checking, and don't rely on just the ones proffered.

And WG? Name me a party that hasn't had to deal with a bad egg...
(09-07-2024, 01:21 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(09-07-2024, 12:48 PM)Praktica Wrote: Darlene sounds like a perfect fit for a rightwing party - entitled, scum business ripping off immigrants. Perfect rightwing "ethics".

And yet she is a Green MP.   Seems The Greens can be as entitled as any other MP.

(09-07-2024, 09:05 AM)king1 Wrote: Based on Winston Peters comments this morning about TPM standards etc, I can't really see them accepting her, and given the defiance in her position and tone, my money is on she will stay on as an independent. 
I see you don't deny my characterisation of rightwingers. Recognise yourself?
I do have other cameras!
(09-07-2024, 02:50 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Expecting a bad egg not to behave like a bad egg is optimistic at best.

Instead of responding after the fact, howabout ALL parties do better due diligence on selection. Increase the reference checking, and don't rely on just the ones proffered.

And WG? Name me a party that hasn't had to deal with a bad egg...

Yes that would be an excellent idea.

But it would make sense, so unlikely to happen... Rolleyes

(09-07-2024, 02:04 PM)Olive Wrote:
(09-07-2024, 12:28 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: She'd probably  do better to just leave as gracefully as is now possible; its difficult to see any other party accepting her - possibly ACT but even that's unlikely.

Chloe said on RNZ this morning that The Greens will resort to using the Waka jumping provisions if they have to, so Darleen surely will choose to leave now with a few shreds of dignity, rather than waiting to be formally dismissed by the Speaker.

I don't see this debacle as being especially damaging to the party other than showing that in the past they have been too trusting in their candidate selection process.  Obviously that will be tightened up now, and they have demonstrated good process otherwise.

I hope she does decide to leave; slightly better than the alternative.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
At least the Greens are saying, nope, out you go. There are MPs in the House now who are still there, despite proving to have been very poorly selected, despite being discovered, and despite bringing small scandals to their parties.

Look, if the press can uncover these truths, why the hell can't selection committees? All it takes is a bit of sleuthing, most employers and recruiters do it all the time!

she should go into the liquor business, a few dodgy bastards there - she would probably fit right in there

(09-07-2024, 01:21 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

well his comments were more so about a lack of standards, but since Winny was vocal about TPM accepting her precisely because of their apparent lack of standards, he has effectively forced them to say no... and prove him wrong.