Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Joe Biden tests positive for Covid-19 at pivotal moment
President Joe Biden tests positive for Covid-19 at pivotal moment in reelection campaign

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/07/17/polit...e-covid-19
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Very convenient way to gently ease him out of the electoral contest?
That does explain a few things though. Incubating a virus affects the body, and this one has an effect on the brain and hence cognition.

Dangerous bug for the elderly. Good luck Mr President.
It's just one thing after another for him just now it seems.
I hope he recovers quickly.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
agree with harm_less, this is the perfect excuse for him to exit stage left... Easy excuse, recovery taking longer given his age, blah, blah...

Maybe the party knowingly snuck an infected within breathing range of the Pres?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
He's had it quite a few times before.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Poor man...
(18-07-2024, 04:14 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Poor man...

And he's all that stands between America & Trump, & who knows what sort of evil may be waiting in the wings.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Biden and Luxon had a meeting last week. What are the chances one gave the other COVID? Luxon's real quiet recently but possibly just due to him being on yet another holiday.
I think it pays to remember covid is still around, just as prevalent as it ever was, but our populations have better resistance now due to herd immunity. Which was why we ran all those vax promos and lock ins. But the virus keeps mutating, seeking the form that will be most effective. And that fact is keeping our science community awake at night while we play on regardless...