Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayings & Quotes
“I tire so of hearing people say 'Let things take their course'. 'Tomorrow is another day'.
I do not need my freedom when I'm dead.
I cannot live on tomorrow's bread.”
Langston Hughes

“No one leaves here alive.So please stop treating yourself as an afterthought. Eat delicious food. Walk in the sun. Jump into the sea.Speak the truth that you carry in your heart like a hidden treasure.Be silly. Be good.Be weird. There is no time for anything else.
Anthony Hopkins
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
“There will come a time when the rich own all the media, & it will be impossible for the public to make an informed decision.”
Albert Einstein

“We are like books. Most people only see our cover, the minority read only the introduction, many people believe the critics. Few will know our content.”
Emile Zola
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
“We are like books. Most people only see our cover, the minority read only the introduction, many people believe the critics. Few will know our content.”
Emile Zola

“Anti intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political & cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowlledge.”
Isaac Asimov
“When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set.”
Lin Yutang

“Religion was an early attempt to answer the questions we all ask, why are we here, where did we come from. Today, science provides better & more consistent answers, but people will always cling to religion because it gives comfort, & they do not trust or understand science.”
Stephen Hawking
“Books & all forms of writing have always been objects of terror to those who seek to suppress truth.”
Wole Soyinka

“The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism.”
Wole Soyinka
“Education is lacking in most of those who pontificate.”
Wole Soyinka

“If you want to know how civilised a culture is, look at how they treat its women.”
Bacha Khan
Samuel Johnson — 'Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.'
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“The point was never what we chose, the point is that we had the power to make a choice.”
Gloria Steinem

“Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears & never regrets.”
Leonardo da Vinci
“This new world should be the world in which the strong won't exploit the weak, the bad won't exploit the good, where the poor won't be humiliated by the rich. It will be the world in which the children of intellect, science & skills will serve the community in order to make lives easier & nicer. And not to the individuals for gaining wealth.This new world can't be the world of the humiliated, the broken, but the world of free people & nations equal in dignity & respect for man.”
NikolaiTesla

“We are the product of 4.5 billion years of fortituous, slow biological evolution. There is no reason to think that the evolutionary process has stopped. Man is a transitional animal. He is not the climax of creation.”
Carl Sagan
“Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”
Walter Cronkite

“Everything you say should be true but not everything true should be said.”
Voltaire
“When a man loves cats, I am his friend & comrade without further introduction.”
Mark Twain

“This constant lying is not aimed at making the people believe a lie, but at ensuring that no one believes anything anymore.
A people that can no longer distinguish between right & wrong.
And such people, deprived of the power to think & judge, is, without knowing & willing it,completely subjected to the rule of lies.With such people you can do whatever you want.”
Hannah Arendt
“When stupidity is considered patriotism,it is unsafe to be intelligent.:
Isaac Asimov

“Scrupulousness of the kind that creates conditions making poverty & illness inevitable, then congratulates itself over feeding the poor & caring for the sick.”
Sheri Tepper(Grass)
“Heaven is the moment.Hell is the burning desire for the moment to be different. It's that simple.”
Jeff Foster

“An evil man will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes.”
Sun Tzu
“Books are good company, in sad times & happy times, for books are people – people who have managed to stay alive by hiding between the covers of a book .”

E. B. White (Charlotte's web)

“The problem isn't a lack of money,food,water or land. The problem is that you've given control of these things to a group of greedy psychopaths who care more about maintaining their own their own power than helping mankind.”
Bill Hicks
“A wonderful thing about true laughter is that it just destroys any kind of system of dividing people.”
John Cleese

“When the debate is lost, insults become the loser's tool.”
Socrates
“No one is more arrogant towards women, more aggressive or scornful, than the man who is anxious about his virility.”
Simone de Beauvoir

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”
Bertrand Russell
“I don't want to believe, I want to know.”
Carl Sagan

To fear love is to fear life, & those who fear life are already three parts dead.”
Bertrand Russell
German General Rommel the Desert Fox:

"If I had to attack Hell, I would use Australian troops, and if I had to hold it I would use New Zealanders"

(Unverified)
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.”
Bertrand Russell

“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
Bertrand Russell
“The good life is one inspired by love & guided by knowledge.”
Bertrand Russell

“The fundamental cause of trouble is that in the modern world, the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
Bertrand Russell