Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Hi All,
Having great time away. Been staying rainforest totally without internet.had some great wild life encounters. Have explored bit of Daintree  today currently watching  DGD1 who is sleeping while her parents  do another rain forest board walk  in Cape Tribulation. Balmy 28 degrees .
Be back to Port Douglas  later today. Palacial  accommodation  with out own pool. We can use the resort pools as well. DD did great job planning and booking this holiday
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Yukky grey and damp in Auckland, cool too, but forecast suggests sun for the weekend. I hope so, I am down to one apple in the bowl - cannot survive on just one, lol. They go so well with my regular cheese and cracker lunch...
morning ladies Smile Frosty this morning, fingers crossed a fine day for all follows.

Sounds like you are having a great time, mica.

Got to the rubbish transfer station yesterday and it was closed. Then I remembered it closes on Fridays so had to bring it all home again. Duhhh!

Not a lot planned for the day, might even weed for a bit.

Washing machine has beeped, am going to brave the frost and hang out the washing.

Happy crafting Smile

The jacket is coming along slowly but surely.
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning everyone.

The sun is up but it is cold.

My washing machine is still running. Not that I hear it, its at the other end of the house in the garage.

Got to the home yesterday to learn that rest home Dianne has covid. So Daughter Dianne and I donned our masks and decided to stay in Irenes room. It was nice too, just the 3 of us.

Bloody Monty who is a creep, thinks he is gods gift to women was still roaming around. We told him that there was covid in there and he said oh well. I suggested he stay in his room and not spread bugs around. His Reply, Oh well they will just get sick. Im not normally rude to older people but I told him to F off and stay away from Irene especially. Oddly he was born the same day as MrP and they are very much alike.

Ohh Talking of Him, I opened the curtain this morning and one of my daffodils is open and another close to it. Yayay. Too early for our anniversary but so pleased its there.

Had a pick up last night. A guy that was in my class at college lol.. And hes coming back today for another. And the other bloke thats coming , he knows him too lol. It was fun catching up lol

So Ill be caught up on the wee bit extra I spent on Thursday and topped up for our shopping day on Tuesday. 3 sleeps now. I laughed when Dianne said that yesterday lol.

Have a fab day all
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
Good morning. 

Clear,  blue sky and sunny. Cool start. 

Happy holidaying Mica  Smile

I have soup on the go and watching the 10k race. Will take the day as it comes.  Maybe tomorrow have coffee out and visit my Aunty who's moved into a Retirement Home. I hope Covid well monitored if/when it's about,  she's 92.

Enjoy the day all.
Managed to finish the wee dragon on the sheet painting.
Went outside to do a tiny bit of pruning & ended up doing a fair bit of weeding as well - not that you can see where I've been out there.

The Dog House is on tonight; last week Madame Le Cat sat on the coffee table & watched some of it...not sure if Madame Le Dog should be worried.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-08-2024, 05:32 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Managed to finish the wee dragon on the sheet painting.
Went outside to do a tiny bit of pruning & ended up doing a fair bit of weeding as well - not that you can see where I've been out there.

The Dog House is on tonight; last week Madame Le Cat sat on the coffee table & watched some of it...not sure if Madame Le Dog should be worried.

Lilith, I'd never heard of sheet painting until you talk about it. 

Would it be cheeky of me to ask to see what it is you are doing?

And Please everyone , Remind me Not to try and Kick Stones again with my new knee. Its been sore ever since. Across the front, sort of below where the kneecap was. 

Rolleyes
morning ladies Smile Another fine day here by the looks of it, still cold though.

We love The Dog House Heart and the Furry One watches it as well. He also loves Country Calendar and the police/customs/service doggy programme when it's on.

The Fluffy One is coming to stay for a few days next week. She has meds for her dementia and anxiety. She has been coming here for 18 years now and is very comfortable lol. When my sister visits for a quick coffee, the Fluffy One refuses to go home and has to be carried to the car. She will also be staying with us late November for 10 days.

The jacket is a work in progress, that's for sure. My wrist is getting used to the weight of the denim as I hold the hoop. I wish there was a way I could stitch it to my standing embroidery frame, it would make life a lot easier.

Happy crafting Smile

BTW, popeye, don't kick stones! Tongue
Good morning. 

Sunny after a cool start. 

Yes,  I really enjoy the Dog House also.  Always good to see 100% placement at the end whether it's with those who were looking or someone else later. 

The Olympic competition very strong for the Kiwis ... have just watched Simone Biles on the vault ... she's amazing. Always enjoy the equestrian, especially the dressage.

18 yo is a grand age for a dog KM. Her "mum" is very lucky to have you for dogsitting duties  Smile

Coffee out at a Cafe we know in Bethlehem this morning,  then a visit to my Aunty. Hopefully get outside this afternoon. 

Enjoy the day all.
Morning everyone

Sunny here too and cold..

Im having a lazy day since I did the housework yesterday. Washing is all but dry. The dehumidifier works well lol.

Will have to pop up to the supermarket at some stage. So much for trying to give up chocolate. Well Ive given up the brown stuff, but the milky bar seemed to vanish yesterday. Wont beat myself up about it. Ill just make a better effort again .

Kiwimade could you stitch the jackets to another piece of fabric to be able to hang it on the Frame perhaps?

And yeah no more stones. So bloody simple and normal and ouch lol. It is feeling better today tho.

Have a fab day everyone..

2 sleeps to go lol
Morning all
Warm here but looks like we will be returning to chilly weather  in 3 days.

Visited Hartleys crocodiles  yesterday DGD1 had a ball, lots of animals the adults enjoyed our time too. Informative talks. We spent 4.5 hours there great fun.DH and I having quiet day today lounging  by pool while kids going for another wilderness walk.

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
(03-08-2024, 05:43 PM)popeye333 Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 05:32 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Managed to finish the wee dragon on the sheet painting.

Lilith, I'd never heard of sheet painting until you talk about it. 

Would it be cheeky of me to ask to see what it is you are doing?

And Please everyone , Remind me Not to try and Kick Stones again with my new knee. Its been sore ever since. Across the front, sort of below where the kneecap was. 

Rolleyes

Popeye, it's literally a painting on a sheet! The hallway is quite dark & narrow but since the quakes I haven't wanted to hang anything in heavy-ish frames there; I did have some card trees,birds etc. etc, for a while but they wrere getting a bit tatty, so I wanted something else.

Eventually I remembered buying a duvet cover which came with a  sheet - I'm not a fan of one sheet & a duvet cover so had never used the sheet. It's black so it had to be a night scene - I did lots of tall buildings with a sunset in the background & then got a bit carried away doing unexpected things so the great grandkids could have fun spotting them.

Its not wonderful but a bit just a bit of fun really, & brightens up the hallway without being too noticeable.

And Popeye - do not under any circumstances kick stones... Rolleyes Big Grin

(04-08-2024, 08:15 AM)Roma Wrote: Good morning. 

Sunny after a cool start. 

Yes,  I really enjoy the Dog House also.  Always good to see 100% placement at the end whether it's with those who were looking or someone else later. 

The Olympic competition very strong for the Kiwis ... have just watched Simone Biles on the vault ... she's amazing. Always enjoy the equestrian, especially the dressage.

18 yo is a grand age for a dog KM. Her "mum" is very lucky to have you for dogsitting duties  Smile

Coffee out at a Cafe we know in Bethlehem this morning,  then a visit to my Aunty. Hopefully get outside this afternoon. 

Enjoy the day all.

I did wonder about the dog house last night, so it was good to see all those dogs eventually found a home, despite not having a good match the first time.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Sounds so cool Lilith.

And its doing many things, brightening the hall, using something that isnt for its normal use And Keeping the grandies occupied.

They must love visiting to see what else you had added.
Sad news. My Toad, Peter has passed away. A week before his birthday.

He had Parkinsons. Walked badly, but will be remembered for his 5km jaunt down to the beach, police and the helicopter trying to find him.

So pleased the tide was out, or we probably would have lost him then.

Also thankful that his partner let our rest home know. They dont normally. His partner, who actually none of us like really, cos of how he moved Peter without telling us, is coming back and there will be a memorial.

Will always think of Peters request for the " Kym Kardashian" of cakes for his birthday last year. Which turned out to be Black Forrest gateaux. Of which I had never tried, let alone made.

Then I found out that along with being an artist Teacher , Peter had also been a baker. So his Praise meant a lot to me. And Im so pleased I made it for him, cos is partner wasn't even here for his birthday.

You are missed Peter. Have been since the day you left.
(04-08-2024, 11:40 AM)popeye333 Wrote: Sounds so cool Lilith.

And its doing many things, brightening the hall, using something that isnt for its normal use And Keeping the grandies occupied.

They must love visiting to see what else you had added.

The odd thing is that although I'd put a couple of litle rabbits & a turtle along the bottom, the flying elephant at the top was the first thing they spotted.

I thought it was finished until the dragon popped into my head & I had to add it...hoping it is now. Smile

That's sad about your friend; at least he's not suffering any more.
Good morning everyone

Looks like its going to be a nice day.

Off to the home today. Not sure who will be free to visit with. But I think we need to be able to share our thoughts of Peter today.

David certainly hasnt changed, when he rang he still tried to go back to the same conversation all the time. Its an odd one.

I phoned Bobbie and told her about Peter. She liked both Peters there. She said she thought someone told her that MrP was still alive. It hurt to make sure she understood he was gone. She was confused, but I think she understood. At that moment anyway.

One more sleep till out much needed day out tomorrow. we are going to have fun. I know Dianne's hubby has some anger about Di's Mum. So I think it will be good for her to sound off. I understand his anger tho. She actually died and Paul managed to bring her back. but She didn't believe she had died, and has never Thanked him for saving her life. And that's gotta mess with your head.

Have a fab day everyone
morning ladies Smile What a stunning winter's day we have. Windows and doors all open even though it's chilly outside. Lovely to have some fresh air through the house.

I'm sorry to hear about Peter, popeye. But as Lilith says, he's in a better place.

The sparky will be here in 10 minutes to replace the thermostat in the hot water cylinder... no hot water last night so no shower. Another thing to add to the repair/replace list. It's certainly hurting the budget, that's for sure. And would rather not approach WINZ if we can avoid it.

Happy crafting Smile
I understand that reluctance for sure, it can be more stressful than redoing the budget and negotiating a bit of a delay with the trades and suppliers. Everyone is under stress these days, it is a difficult time.

Boy it is chilly this morning, I have the blowy heat pump going in the hope it takes some of the iciness off my fingers. Days like today it would be good to have a fur coat as dense as the Tatty cats, it would sure help the muscles defrost more easily! But the day ahead is looking lovely, I might get more alyssum seedlings transplanted from the tulip pot to the garden beds this afternoon which would be good. That pot did not need a whole packet of seed added to it, or rather the seed did not need to do quite such a good job of germinating, lol. But they are healthy little plants and easy enough to move with a butter knife. Useful tools, my grandmothers I believe...
yep, OHH Smile  We often negotiate with the tradies about when we pay.  Small rural towns make it so much easier to do this.  The sparky was quick, spent more time saying good morning than replacing the part lol.  The bill shouldn't be too bad and will be manageable.  One of my sisters-in-law had to have the same thing done on their brand new cylinder, was only just out of warranty so couldn't claim it.  Our cylinder was fitted in 1958 Big Grin  Big Grin and still going strong (for now).

MrK trusted me to prune the grapevine.  He had no choice really as he can't climb ladders anymore Tongue 

I have an old steak knife I use in the garden for the odd slice and dice, it worked well when digging out the agapanthus.  The handle broke so MrK made me a sturdier handle.  Quite the lethal weapon!

Windows and doors all closed up and some free power booked in from Genesis for later on to help dry washing.  Love their power shouts Smile
Morning everyone,

Looks like it might be fine.

I can honestly say I feel as excited as a kid lol. Ive basically only shopped with a friend twice in the last few years, so its going to be fun.. Im not including groceries cos I had help when the knee was out of action.

Dianne has only shopped with her hubby for the last 10 years, so she is excited too lol. I will go to her house, we will have a quick morning tea, thus skipping the peak our traffic. and then go investigate PandaMart.. Stopping at Karaka KFC on the way home for lunch.

I've told Madam Missy I will get her a new toy today. She currently plays with empty pill bottles and the little tube inside the Pill rolls lol. As a way of making up for not being with her today.

Im considering staying home from the home tomorrow. Two reasons. So Dianne can spend some alone time with Mum. And there are 7 cases of covid there. 5 on Mums wing.

So have an awesome day everyone... I know we will... Lol I've told Dianne to make sure I dont buy any towels.. Im a sucker for nice ones. But I have enough to see me out for the next 20 years lol.