Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
hmmmm.... forgotten she has it.... maybe you and your neighbour could 'borrow' it Tongue OHH

Yeah, I wish I didn't have to line the inside. If it was for me, I wouldn't have bothered. But young fingers and hands wearing jewelry tend to get stuck in sleeves and so on.

The sun's out! So the washing is out as well.

Roma, MK has some old fence posts. If you would like some for your dahlias, I can ask him if he will part with them.
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Thank you KM, you keep those old posts, they have become like hens' teeth! We used to have them on hand on the farm.  I only need 2 waratahs ... will ask DH to add a wire (or 2) between them. Silly me, has a few more bulbs on order, but I made sure they were shorter varieties! Such a lovely flower.

Good plan to 'borrow' the trolley ... it needs to be put to good use!
You ladies have the same wicked minds as I do, lol. And I happen to know where it is.

But no, I won't. I'm trying hard to be a grown up at least once a week...
Once a week? Goodness, I would have thought once a month is enough Tongue
(30-08-2024, 09:26 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You ladies have the same wicked minds as I do, lol. And I happen to know where it is.

But no, I won't. I'm trying hard to be a grown up at least once a week...

Oh, don't do it! That way lies madness... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I said I'm trying...

Just not very hard.
Id be tempted to sneak it away for Halloween lol..

Thats the Evil witch in me saying that.

yaya hooked up my tiny TV but at least I can see it and hear it. Doubt I can read anything on it tho lol
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
morning ladies Smile More rain today.

We've won our first medal at the Paralympics Big Grin , a silver in the cycling. We were watching the women's long jump last night. The Italian jumper was wearing the most gorgeous 'butterfly' mask to cover her eyes. The Italians certainly like their style lol. Amazing jumping and so much trust with their helpers.

Today we pick up the scooter. MrK said again he feels embarrassed having to use it. I told him why, there are people a lot younger who use them. And this is one cool scooter Tongue I suspect it's a mindset thing and having to adjust his life is proving more difficult than he thought it would be. He also thanked me for 'being there' and not walking away from all these issues. Was nice to hear that bit Heart The exercises the hand physiotherapist gave him seem to be working, I haven't heard him swear once at his fine motor skills.

Yesterday afternoon I had a tutu with the wash away and I can see I'll be blunting quite a few needles lol. I'll finish this little piece and see how it washes away. Then I'll have a tutu with the dragon's scales and work out some colour combos. I've dug out purples of all shades, some blues and a bit deep red, almost burgundy. I love playing around with colour, it's part of the fun.

Happy crafting Smile
Morning all 
Overcast fine at moment  expecting rain later this morning

Fun playing with colour KM

Need to whizz around do a bit housework while DH walks the k9s finished my shirt yesterday yet to try it on.

Going to search the stash a I think I have piece red duponi silk considering making it up in anorak style jacket just an idea at moment

I think I will make a batch biscuits this morning also a batch gluten free short pastry to have in freezer

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

Grey and dull here.. not good for an outdoor wedding Dianne is going to. Hopefully it will fine up a later.

She came around last night with some hot chips for us to munch on. And brought me her light pad to use with my Diamond painting.

So Ill start that later. Waiting for the lady who brought the wool and craft stuff to come around.

Have a fab day all
I understand the sense of embarrassment. It is hard accepting a physical impairment. One of the major life lessons I have experienced I think is around acceptance, accepting failures, accepting personal losses, accepting differences between hopes and realities. Accepting that each of us is unique, we are not the same, do not have to be the same, and are better for our differences. That translates into accepting life's challenges, and other people who challenge us too, makes it easier to deal with them. And to let them be.

So much less stress...

Gorgeous day out there, silver gray, soft rain drops, and thunder rolling across the sky. I think I shall declare it a pyjama day and stay right here with my old John Sandford novel (how did I miss this one? I must've been very busy in 2005!) till I get bored and find the motivation to shower and dress. Around lunch time maybe, lol!
Your right Hunni. MrP and I both accepted our differences and the need for helpful gear.

My Mother should and would have used a walking stick for way longer than she did, but my brother made one comment and she wouldn't use it around him.. What do you want that for? was the question.

She used one when she moved in with us and wished she hadn't been so silly.

Thank god for WINZ. I dont normally ask them for anything, but watching tv on a screen smaller than many computers gave me one hell of a headache.

So Now I have a nice flash new one, 50 inch, cos I have a massive lounge. Lighter to lift than the smaller one Maureen gave me. Its just shy of the full width of my coffee table.

First new TV since 1998 lol.. Cos the other big one we got up here was a repo.

Have had a lot of rain this morning.. I hope the wedding is this afternoon cos it has fined up a little.
Interest free money popeye, if you can access it it is silly not to. I have just paid off the scoot batteries, and $9 a week I hardly noticed it, but it is nice having it back on my super. Every dollar helps when vet bills keep coming, lol!

But she's worth it.
I went out & did a bit more weeding; Madame Le Cat decided to help me. Yay.

Lots of enthusiasm, skill not so much...& if her claws just happened to catch the human, well - C'est la vie.

She's now parked on the back porch,claiming its dinner time..
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Exactly Hunni. Thats the part I like. No interest means no climbing debt.

I consider myself Lucky that they said yes. And Fathers day sales helped.

Only I have no idea what most of its technology is for. But I did manage to "Find" that you can have it on the internet lol.

That wont be used cos I only pay $5 a month for my internet. I dont have unlimited access cos Ive never needed it.

It has a built in Chromecast, god knows what That is.. Can see Netflix, YouTube etc.. Doubt Ill ever have to learn how to use it. unless I can discover I can see freeview channels, then Ill be happy. Currently paying $18 a month to watch the free channels sucks. But at least I can see tv..

Must cancel the sky man for Tuesday too. I dont need the other socket connected up now. So that's a $100 saving from the start.

Madam Missy is getting her exercise.. its lovely and fine now. But she gets onto the floor to sit in the sun, a cloud goes by and she's back on my lap lol. Now she's by the ranch slider lol.

Had to take a big pill and apply deep heat again today, first time in a couple of weeks. But I've been walking around without any aids, and its using slightly different muscles. But it wont stop me, they have to get stronger. The hardest place is the supermarket.. No matter which door you use there is a short but steep incline and those can be narly to say the least.
morning ladies Smile Wow, that was some storm we had overnight, the clap of thunder at 3.00am woke us and the Furry One.

Popeye, you will figure the tv out. We had to buy another tv in the Mothers Day sales and it took us a few days to find how it all worked. We ended up buying the shop demo model for less than the sale prices. MrK watches his You Tube videos on it (bought him bluetooth headphones for his birthday Tongue) as the screen is bigger and the couch comfier. It was a matter of having a play around with the remote and settings. But now we have it sussed and omg the difference in sound and colour. Our old tv was over 10 years old, was bought when everything went from analogue to digital and was fading fast lol. We use Chromecast for those apps that aren't on the TV, like Acorn.

We have the scooter and the grin on MrK's face as he took it for a test drive was worth it. It fits snuggly into the boot of the car and can collapse down flat if need be. Easy for me to lift and can be put together quickly. I can see the grandkids having fun on it too lol. I think both of our lives are going to change for the better.

Today I'll use the spade to do the edges around the bit of concrete we have as it's long overdue. I've been putting this off for a while lol. And I have a miniature (well that's what my sister-in-law said it was) lilac to pot up. It has flower buds on it already so can't wait to see it flowering. Always something to do.

Happy crafting Smile
Oh I am so pleased the fun has got to Mr K! I am pretty sure I often have a silly grin on my face when out on the scooter. Especially when going downhill...

Brmmmm brmmm...
Morning everyone..

Lol Kiwimade it was the 3am shot that woke me. I very quickly unplugged the lappy, tv and sky box . I dont have a heavy curtain beside my chair and there is an intentional gap in the venetian blinds in the kitchen. So I know to hold on to Missy if I see the lightening. She doesn't panic but if overhead it startled her.

Yeah Ill figure it all out. but I probably wont use it on the internet cos I only use 30gb a month. And Only pay $5 a month.

IM going to start my diamond painting today, since it didnt happen yesterday.

Have a fab day all
I couldn't do without the net these days, it enlarges my life so much, it would be a very different way of being. Even now, toodling away with friends on the tablet, waiting for 9am and Q&A to come on before I switch over to youtube to check up on American election campaigns.

Background music to my daily routine!
Morning all 
Fine day after thunder and lightening early evening  of course it set one k9 off.

Glad MrK happy with  scooter KM fun times ahead.
You will get to know your tv in  no time Popeye.

Found some fabric to toille the dress pattern I bought last week multiple pieces  all single layer cut It's going to be like a jig saw to put together.  I need a challenge . So  will cut it out today I am listening  to I am Travelling Alone by Samuel Bjork good Scandinavian  detective  story.

Woolly wash on

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin