Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
We're following the American campaigns as well, they are so different to ours. Much more entertaining lol. We have unlimited internet as MrK loves his movies and tv series, more so in the winter. Since changing to Lightwire, we have had no buffering like we had with Spark. Should have told them to get lost years ago.

That's a job done Big Grin I usually just trim around the fenceline and one garden but the grass was taking over the concrete and needed to be done. All the trimmings in the compost and I only need to do the 'regular' trimming. The ground is so soggy, it's squelching underfoot. The lawn can wait until most of it has drained away.

Washing machine is done, will hang washing out then finish the lawn edges.
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Good morning. 

Lovely day after a ton of rain overnight ... already 18 degrees. Spring has sprung!

We had very close thunder and lightning during the evening ... no dog to react, but it made me think of others! It used to be a bad time on the farm for calves ... they run and don't stop even if fences in their way  Sad

It should be a good day for outdoors,  once it has dried a bit underfoot.  I have beetroot seedlings to plant and a couple of sweet 100's. A vireya has replaced the dead lancewood. Vireyas (and hibiscus) have become roses in the garden for me  Smile

Glad the scooter is going to make a difference KM. I didn't realise they could be portable ... even better. 

No crafting time this weekend so far, maybe this evening. 

Enjoy the 1st day of Spring all.
Good morning from a sunny HB - stormy night kept thinking I should get up last night and take photos of the lightening over the sea - just waiting for my chauffeur to pick me up - my dog watch holiday finishes this morning - not sure if it is a good idea one of my brothers DIL has organised to pick the returning travellers up from the airport and bring them to a big family brunch - have a feeling after a very long flight they probably want to come home but will take their little staffi with me so she doesn’t have to wait any longer for her master .I could very easily live out here on the beach but if the Esk valley floods again I would be completely cut off and at my age that would be dumb .i learned something new from the lovely old bloke living next door -there are 2 different sparrow varieties- never knew that until he pointed out the little solid brown ones with a different beak - they even make a different noise
I couldn’t live without YouTube and all the other benefits from having my internet connected to my TV - I don’t have a flash TV I have an apple stick which cost about $80 which turned my very ordinary cheap TV into a smart TV - I stream a lot so I pay about $55 a month unlimited - I don’t rely on TV1 for news there is so much out there in the big wide world .The American election is fascinating for sure - exports into China have dropped again so it is even more important Trump does not get in
Kiwimade a local CHB farmer brought a very old cherry and an apricot tree into my sons mill some tine ago that had come down during Gabrielle - they featured in all the home stead photos from way back -the farmer came in last week with a beautiful cherry wood cuff link box and a apricot jewellery box for his wife -the apricot is stunning it has an apricot hue - no doubt MrK would appreciate the workmanship
The supermarket is celebrating they have had not one single gang member threaten anybody in the shop for the entire month - the gang bringing carloads of teenagers to steal have stopped as the police have charged a gang member with inciting crime by bringing a car load of kids - Robie had been reporting this for four years but under previous police ministers no action was taken even begging the local MP Stuart Nash by some of the mothers of the teenagers was ignored - the charges the police have laid should result in the vehicle being seized .It’s great not having to worry anymore about Robie or one of his staff getting attacked -
That's good news re the scooter for Mr KM, & should make quite a difference for him.

Yes, these days you have to wonder just how we managed without the net - & yet we did somehow.

On FB this moring I discovered that a King Penguin was inducted into the Norwegian King's Guard. Yep, an actual penguin; he's been promoted several times & is now a brigadier. He resides in Edinburgh zoo & receives military honours during Norwegian visits.

I have 1% Norwegan ancestry. I also have mainly Scots ancestry (Scots official animal, Unicorn. Fictional creature) & some Welsh (Welsh official animal, Dragon; also fictional creature) so from this two conclusions can be drawn..1) Any slight weirdness I may possibly have clearly comes from these ancestors,which means that 2) Any descendants will have it too, so they'd best not laugh too loudly..Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Interesting, Lilith - one of my wife's great grandfathers was Norwegian. He arrived in Invercargill in the 1870s, and worked as a carpenter for a Scots chap. He married the Scots chap's daughter.
I do have other cameras!
(01-09-2024, 02:57 PM)Praktica Wrote: Interesting, Lilith - one of my wife's great grandfathers was Norwegian. He arrived in Invercargill in the 1870s, and worked as a carpenter for a Scots chap. He married the Scots chap's daughter.

Well in that case she's clearly entitled to be slightly weird, should she want to - twice, in fact due to the Scots ancestry... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I've managed to fix the sound on said new TV.. there was alot of low but loud thudding.. All sorted now.

Doubt Ill ever use it on the net. I dont do movies and I get enough news online, on the lappy. But I can see how useful it would be.

But Ill stick with my $5 a month for my internet lol.

Spent about 4 hours Diamond painting this afternoon. Totally enjoyed it too. Ages since I did any.

Still waiting for the lady who brought my wool to pay me and pick up so I can buy a couple more.

The one Im doing its alot of dark. but I dont mind it. I have good lighting.
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
morning ladies Smile The fog is so thick we can't see across the road. And I say it again, there are still temporary kiwis who don't have their lights on.

I think it's OK to be weird, regardless of ancestory Tongue According to the DNA test I took a few years ago, I have a Danish/Scottish/Irish background with a smattering of American. Interesting how we are all mixed up Tongue

This morning I'll mow the lawn, it's supposed to hit 20 degrees, so I'll get that done early. Don't care that it's foggy, the ground will still be drier than yesterday.

The denim jacket I bought on FB should arrive today or tomorrow. I've finished the small practice piece and now need to dab off the wash away. If this works, it will be a game changer.

Our grandson has 'booked' the second week of the school holidays to stay with us Heart it's really the Furry One he wants to visit lol, we know where we stand in the pecking order Tongue

Happy crafting Smile
Morning everyone.

Yep Pea Souper here too.

On Saturday when I went to Pukekohe to get the tv there was super heavy rain. Like fast speed on the wipers and dark, and the number of black cars I saw without lights or wipers on was Nuts. They need a lesson on thinking about others. If they kill themselves tough but dont kill others for your own stupidity.

I put the pudding on at 6am.. Doubled the recipe so its a good size. Wasnt sure about the time factor so thought Id put it on and test it. Looks ok so far.

Will see my ladies today , but have to be home early as Ive finally sold the Rimu Drawers. More downsizing and it will help get me through.

Have a fab day all
Good morning. 

Another lovely day looming. So nice out walking to kindy/school. Yesterday had everyone out and about for Fathers' Day. The new beach walk/cycle path such an asset especially being wide enough for all. 

Groceries soon and I'll get the vege seedlings planted later. 

Enjoy the day all.
We can't wait for MrK to scoot along the new walkway, Roma Smile

Lawn is mowed, another mission! I hate our mower. It was my sister-in-law's and she offered it to MrK who said yes. I loved our old mower, there was nothing wrong with it and seeing as I was the one mowing the bloody lawn, it shouldn't have been his decision. I know he thought he was doing me a favour, but in reality, it was my sister-in-law getting rid of her old stuff. The wheels were whipped off the old mower and it was gotten rid of before I could do anything about it, and I'm stuck with this heavy lug of a mower. Sorry for the rant lol.
Morning all
Fine but windy

Blinds installed today feels like I've ticked the last box I pleased with them
Sewing dress yesterday a bit fiddly but making slow progress..

Need to vacuum the run some errands, sewing this afternoon

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
(02-09-2024, 09:47 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: We can't wait for MrK to scoot along the new walkway, Roma Smile 

Lawn is mowed, another mission!  I hate our mower.  It was my sister-in-law's and she offered it to MrK who said yes.  I loved our old mower, there was nothing wrong with it and seeing as I was the one mowing the bloody lawn, it shouldn't have been his decision.  I know he thought he was doing me a favour, but in reality, it was my sister-in-law getting rid of her old stuff.  The wheels were whipped off the old mower and it was gotten rid of before I could do anything about it, and I'm stuck with this heavy lug of a mower.  Sorry for the rant lol.
An ad came in my Facebook feed offering me a GLASS lawn mower - could buy 2 50% off on the second one - my overactive mind boggled about the idea of a mower made of glass - looked like a stick vacuum cleaner - impeccably dressed woman was mowing what looked like plastic lawn in the ad - who knows what the future holds !
I agree Kiwimade. Your the one that does the lawn you should be the one to decide what you want to use. I love my little Lecky one but do wish it had a wider cut.

The wheels pop off every so often but super easy to put back on. And I dont have to worry about running out of gas or battery power.

The drawers have gone. Yay she was a beautiful young woman with spiral natural blonde curls.. But she loved that I recognized her name. No one else had here in NZ She was American and her name Jaqueline Smith.. Aka Charlies angels. Had she been a boy she would have been Jacob lol. She put both lots in her car alone...

We all enjoyed the chocolate self saucing pudding. Just as well I took it up cos their chicken was dry as, even hard to cut and the potatoes were hard as the Hobbs of H*LL. We were pretty sure we were being recorded. and they are trying to SIT us out. Trying to force people onto our table so they cant have visitors. If they want them to be with us that's fine, if they can supply another table to fit us all.

While they sit at our table the staff sit and do nothing knowing that we will help those that cant help themselves. Dianne said she should stop feeding Mum , thus meaning the staff would have to. they are short staffed no matter what they say.. Leaving two of the women in the toilet for 30 odd minutes before they remembered to go take them back to their rooms. And in mums case she phones Dianne who then rings the office to send someone down to get her off the loo.

I really hate that place. They are back to as bad as it was when MrP was there. But I wont stop going in, as Colleen said they look forward to seeing us.
(02-09-2024, 02:38 PM)popeye333 Wrote: I  agree Kiwimade. Your the one that does the lawn you should be the one to decide what you want to use. I love my little Lecky one but do wish it had a wider cut.

The wheels pop off every so often but super easy to put back on.  And I dont have to worry about running out of gas or battery power.

The drawers have gone. Yay she was a beautiful young woman with spiral natural blonde curls.. But she loved that I recognized her name. No one else had here in NZ She was American and her name Jaqueline Smith.. Aka Charlies angels. Had she been a boy she would have been Jacob lol. She put both lots in her car alone...

We all enjoyed the chocolate self saucing pudding. Just as well I took it up cos their chicken was dry as, even hard to cut and the potatoes were hard as the Hobbs of H*LL.  We were pretty sure we were being recorded. and they are trying to SIT us out. Trying to force people onto our table so they cant have visitors. If they want them to be with us that's fine, if they can supply another table to fit us all.

While they sit at our table the staff sit and do nothing knowing that we will help those that cant help themselves. Dianne said she should stop feeding Mum , thus meaning the staff would have to.  they are short staffed no matter what they say.. Leaving two of the women in the toilet for 30 odd minutes before they remembered to go take them back to their rooms.  And in mums case she phones Dianne who then rings the office to send someone down to get her off the loo.

I really hate that place. They are back to as bad as it was when MrP was there.  But I wont stop going in, as Colleen said they look forward to seeing us.

Your visits are perhaps their only bright spot Popeye. Its sounds like a fairly boring, bleak existence for most of them.
Shoot me first. Please.
(02-09-2024, 03:40 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Shoot me first. Please.

Yeah, me too.
Lilith and Hunni.. That is the one thing I am Forever grateful that I am on Warfarin.. Ill top myself before I ever get into that h*ll whole. And they will just think I forgot to take my pills.

The sad part is, although they all say they would leave in a flash, the home has a waiting list. So they wouldn't be missed. people have to wait to get in there.

The new lady who has joined our table, Margaret is actually in MrP's past room. She has never spoken badly about the home, Until today. She was one of the others left stuck on the toilet.

The weekend staff are even more lazy than the weekday staff. There's maybe 4 staff that are ok, a couple of Ok if they are in a good mood. The rest, all foreign and only there for the money.

I learnt today that the Dianne resident is a traitor. She Loved her lunch... that's cos she's in with the boss. They only ask the weak who wont complain.
My Mum was in one down here after the earthquakes damaged her house. My sister and her as usual worked themselves up into a tizz wazz and decided she needed to get out of Christchurch and live in a Rhimann home on the outskirts. There was some really nice places close to a supermarket in Chch on Colombo St available, but she couldn't be persuaded to go into one of them.

Within a few months she hated where she had chosen, wind swept plains outside of Chch was one of the reasons. She begged to come back to the trashed home but it was too late and the insurance company was playing mind games with us. Mum had got the house ready for her older age by getting a lovely new bathroom etc installed.

The house was just too damaged and couldn't be heated properly because of all the gaps in the walls and floors, nothing was level anymore, and the place was so dusty from all the dust coming in between the ceilings and the walls.

She died in Chch hospital after numerous T.I.D.'s at the home after about 3 years of being there. A sad end to a strong woman who was Secretary of the Euthanasia Society for the South Island and she didn't have a death with dignity which was exactly what she feared the most and it came to pass.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Have just spoken to Daughter Dianne. We will get together on Friday with Colleens daughter as well and see if we can get a meeting, with the Managers Manager. Colleens Daughter works so we have to work around her schedule.

One thing I just learnt, they took Monty away. He was a horrible man. Always ogling the women, making many feel uncomfortable. And finally out of Lillys life. She fell for him and he treated her like shit. So we are glad he is gone.

I actually feel sorry for Daughter Dianne cos her hubby hates it when she needs to sound off about it. But if it was his mum in there he would understand more. So Im glad she rang and had time to get it off her chest.

For me , its De ja Vue, the same complaints we had when MrP was in there. And here we go again.

Dianne and I have both said Once Mum and Colleen go, it will be hard to leave, but important that we do. We cant look after them all forever.