Too noble to neglect

Deceived me into thinking

I had something to protect

Good and bad, I define these terms

Quite clear, no doubt, somehow

Ah, but I was so much older then

I’m younger than that now"

My Back Pages, Bob Dylan
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“If you have a garden & a library, you have everything you need.”
Cicero

“If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”
Immanuel Kant
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
“The truth will set you free. But first it will piss you off.”
Gloria Steinem

“Hell is empty & all the devils are here.”
William Shakespeare
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight & convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived & died in cotton fields & sweatshops.”

Steven Jay Gould

“The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human.”
Aldous Huxley
“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions & billions of years before I was born, & had not the suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
Mark Twain

“The simplest way to make sure that we raise literate children is to show them that reading is a pleasurable activity. And that means finding books that they enjoy, giving them access to those books & letting them read them.”
Neil Gaiman
“Education is not something you can finish.”
Isaac Asimov

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales.”
Albert Einstein
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.”
Benjamin Franklin

“Reading is important, because if you can read, you can learn anything about everything, & everything about anything.”
Tomie Depaola
‘Grief never ends. But it changes. It is a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It’s the price of love,’

Unknown.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“What is done cannot be undone, but one can prevent it from happening again.”
Anne Frank

“Only the soul knows what love is.”
Rumi
"Be with those who help your being.”
Rumi

“Don't make yourself miserable with what is to come or not to come.”
Rumi
“Inside you is an artist you don't know about.”
Rumi

“Sell your cleverness & buy intuition.Cleverness is mere opinion. Bewilderment brings intuitive knowledge.”
Rumi

“Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.”
Omar Khayyam

“Dead yesterdays & unborn tomorrows, why fret about it if today be sweet.”
Omar Khayyam
“As far as you can avoid it, do not give grief to anyone.Never inflict your rage on another. If you hope for eternal rest, feel the pain ypurself but don't hurt others.”
Omar Khayyam

“The moving finger writes; & having writ,
moves on. Nor all they piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
nor all they tears wash out a word of it.”
Omar Khayyam
“The world is divided into men who have wit & no religion & men who have religion & no wit.”
Avicenna

“Have patience.All things are difficult before they become easy.”
Saadi
“You who feel no pain at the suffering of others; it is not fitting for you to be called human.”
Saadi

“No society wants you to become wise; it is against the investment of all societies. If people are wise they cannot be exploited.”
Osho
“Truth is not something to be discovered, it is something inside to be realised.”
Osho

“If you love a flower, don't pick it. Because if you pick it, it dies & ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love os about appreciation.”
Osho
“First the man takes the drink, then the drink takes the man.”
Irish saying

“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”
Margaret Mead
“I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what its like to feel absolutely worthless & they don't want anyone else to feel like that.”
Robin Williams

“The greatest crimes are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules.”
Banksy
"Plants are not alternative medicine. They're the original.”
Anon

“A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.”
Henry Ward Beecher