Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting rest home care & home support will leave elderly vulnerable
How the devil can any politician be so short sighted & uncaring fgs?  This really is disgraceful, than any govt can even contemplate doing this in order to save money.  It shows vividly that politicians in general & this govt in particular is not at all concerned with the well being of elderly patients & is instead only interested in saving money.

Surely, its time NZ & every country, had laws prohibiting  this type of situation. Sad Dodgy Angry

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/5271...kKOH-HCF-A

"About 60% of people lack the means to buy into a retirement village, many rural communities will lose their care facilites due to underfunding & lack of staff. HealthNZ has been instructed by health minister Shane Reti to save 2000,000 hospital beds a night."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Who the hell voted these National ghouls into power?
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
not me...

Surely some of the the Nat/Act supporters must be starting to question where all this is heading? No doubt it will all be labour's fault in their minds, but they must be starting to see that the direction the government is taking us in is only going to make things far worse for everyone - it's their quality of life in retirement going backwards here as well...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
And Reti used fake graphs to back up his cost cuts...

Shameful.
And now to make matters even worse, according to tonight's news,those miserable, mean spirited sods are taking money away from CHCH, money intended for helping thoise affected recover from the terrorist attack. How dare they do that to people who've suffered so much.

But - even that wasn't enough for them. They're also about to change the gun laws...

Big business seems to be running our govt. I don't know one single person whp voted for these shameful excuses for politicians.

I'm trying to swear less - but this govt is making that extremelybloody difficult.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(07-09-2024, 05:23 PM)king1 Wrote: not me...

Surely some of the the Nat/Act supporters must be starting to question where all this is heading?  No doubt it will all be labour's fault in their minds, but they must be starting to see that the direction the government is taking us in is only going to make things far worse for everyone - it's their quality of life in retirement going backwards here as well...

But they're all right, Jack....
I do have other cameras!
(08-09-2024, 08:50 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(07-09-2024, 05:23 PM)king1 Wrote: not me...

Surely some of the the Nat/Act supporters must be starting to question where all this is heading?  No doubt it will all be labour's fault in their minds, but they must be starting to see that the direction the government is taking us in is only going to make things far worse for everyone - it's their quality of life in retirement going backwards here as well...

But they're all right, Jack....

Oh yes indeed, they're doing very nicely thank you..  Dodgy

I think perhaps every last govt in every country in the entire world should have to do their work under a whacking great magnifying glass... Rolleyes
The retirement village/rest home industry needs serious reform and regulation, they are exploiting vulnerable people and making huge profit.
Also the majority have buyback contracts where they have to sell back to the village below market value.
I have a friend whos wife had to move into a rest home and he is now having to buy a 1 bedroom apartment nearby for well over 1 million dollars.
Should she die and he decides he no longer wants to live there, he wont get much back if he sells. The village will then on-sell to the next person for even more money.
(09-09-2024, 11:28 AM)nzoomed Wrote: The retirement village/rest home industry needs serious reform and regulation, they are exploiting vulnerable people and making huge profit.
Also the majority have buyback contracts where they have to sell back to the village below market value.
I have a friend whos wife had to move into a rest home and he is now having to buy a 1 bedroom apartment nearby for well over 1 million dollars.
Should she die and he decides he no longer wants to live there, he wont get much back if he sells. The village will then on-sell to the next person for even more money.

They have a nice little racket going by the sound of it; shouldn't perhaps Consumer be looking into that? Dodgy
(09-09-2024, 11:28 AM)nzoomed Wrote: The retirement village/rest home industry needs serious reform and regulation, they are exploiting vulnerable people and making huge profit.

and from what I can gather (from an earlier news article I read), the estate doesn't actually get the money back until the unit is onsold.  Which is a problem if you buy the higher end/premium units that become harder to sell in a deflated economy
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(09-09-2024, 11:40 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:

They have a nice little racket going by the sound of it; shouldn't perhaps Consumer be looking into that? Dodgy

Nothing's going to happen with present bunch in power...their friends would be upset.
I do have other cameras!
(09-09-2024, 01:37 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(09-09-2024, 11:40 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: They have a nice little racket going by the sound of it; shouldn't perhaps Consumer be looking into that? Dodgy

Nothing's going to happen with present bunch in power...their friends would be upset.

True;their donors wouldn't like it at all.
The system sucks; we're becoming more like the USA every day. Dodgy