Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Climate Change Bad News
Great Barrier Reef already been dealt its death blow - scientist

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/5274...-scientist
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(10-09-2024, 12:14 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Great Barrier Reef already been dealt its death blow - scientist

"Not enough political will to act"...& that says it all. Until we have enough people to make it crystal clear to our idiot politicians around the world that we cannot leave it any longer if we want to survive as a species, then nothing's going to change.
HOW can they be so freaking stupid. Angry
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(10-09-2024, 03:32 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(10-09-2024, 12:14 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Great Barrier Reef already been dealt its death blow - scientist

"Not enough political will to act"...& that says it all. Until we have enough people to make it crystal clear to our idiot politicians around the world that we cannot leave it any longer if we want to survive as a species, then nothing's going to change.
Summed up very well in this piece from Newsroom today: Mike Joy’s grave new world
(10-09-2024, 06:07 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(10-09-2024, 03:32 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: "Not enough political will to act"...& that says it all. Until we have enough people to make it crystal clear to our idiot politicians around the world that we cannot leave it any longer if we want to survive as a species, then nothing's going to change.
Summed up very well in this piece from Newsroom today: Mike Joy’s grave new world

I enjoyed that read...well, enjoyed may not be the right word. Thanks for recommending it.
I do have other cameras!
Mmmmm, but not hard enough to scare the populous. Or better still, their leadership. Which is what we need.
Murray Grimwood, who lives in the hills north of Dunedin, has a very similar message to Mike Joy. He can be found, as "powerdownkiwi", on
Interest.co.nz . He comments there, and occasionally writes articles for the site. Some of the site denizens agree with him, but as you might expect from a business site, many are scornful, or hostile.

Murray's main message is about our use of energy, how we have tapped the easily available sources, and now we are close to the point where extracting resoures uses more energy than we gain from the extraction.
I do have other cameras!
We do not like being threatened, or to have our way of life challenged. And that may well spell our doom.
Unless our politicians get the message & act on it, we may well be doomed.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)