Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
morning ladies Smile It's going to bucket down shortly.

omg lmao, I didn't even notice the 10000th post! Wow, amazing, we have so many Smile Thank you for all of your support on this thread.

The physiotherapist is coming to assess MrK for a walking frame this morning. She wanted to know if the Furry One would 'eat her' lol. I suppose she comes across all sorts of dogs and of course, owners say, it's ok, she/he won't bite. Of course they bite, they are dogs!

We have a small pile of old cutlery from the picnic basket and middle 'junk' draw for the op shop this morning. Our other cutlery has replaced it. I'll drop it all off while MrK has his blood pressure and blood tests done. While in town we need to pick up the Furry One's meds and book him in for his vaccination. I'm wondering at what age they stop vaccinating.

After I have finished the dragon, I think I'll have a tutu with cutwork. It's something I have played around with before but lost patience. But I was thinking a new runner along an old dressing table would look nice as well as keep my fingers busy. The dragon now has ears, and I am working across the top of his head.

The countdown is on for the book fair Big Grin

Happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Morning everyone

Wow we had an awesome storm early this morning. Thunder lightening and rain I could actually hear. and that is rare lol.

Very little wind so I dont think the lawn will get much drying out. But its meant to be sunny all day tomorrow.

Had to text the across one neighbour last night. the light I sit under blew.. And of course I dont have dining chairs to stand on now... he will pop over today and replace it for me.

Sooo I have to sell some stuff to get me a little step ladder... The best part is I fit well within the weight limits lol.. That does my head well lol.

Knee is narly today. It needs exercise so even tho its going to be wet Ill go see my ladies. Hopefully there wont be any hysteric's at the dining table. First day we will all be together for lunch this week.

No knitting last night. The light just isn't good enough.. Since Sunday is meant to be wet I plan on sew up the toys. Need to dig out the stuffing lol.

Have a fab day everyone

(Yesterday, 07:05 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: morning ladies Smile  It's going to bucket down shortly.

omg lmao, I didn't even notice the 10000th post!  Wow, amazing, we have so many Smile  Thank you for all of your support on this thread.

The physiotherapist is coming to assess MrK for a walking frame this morning.  She wanted to know if the Furry One would 'eat her' lol.  I suppose she comes across all sorts of dogs and of course, owners say, it's ok, she/he won't bite.  Of course they bite, they are dogs!

We have a small pile of old cutlery from the picnic basket and middle 'junk' draw for the op shop this morning.  Our other cutlery has replaced it.  I'll drop it all off while MrK has his blood pressure and blood tests done.  While in town we need to pick up the Furry One's meds and book him in for his vaccination.  I'm wondering at what age they stop vaccinating.

After I have finished the dragon, I think I'll have a tutu with cutwork. It's something I have played around with before but lost patience.  But I was thinking a new runner along an old dressing table would look nice as well as keep my fingers busy.  The dragon now has ears, and I am working across the top of his head. 

Happy crafting Smile

Ive been thinking about our annual Book fair in the last few days. I cant remember if it has already happened and perhaps I missed it cos of my knee. Or if it is still coming up...
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
Morning all 
Fine at moment going to rain later.

DS away on holiday and just told me that they have bought the latest David Walliams  book. I bought it last week lol so will go back to the childrens bookshop and exchange it. Dangerous shop for me to be in it also near quilt fabric shop so double temptation 

Need to run a few errands today might get to sewing cave.

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
(Yesterday, 07:05 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: morning ladies Smile  It's going to bucket down shortly.

omg lmao, I didn't even notice the 10000th post!  Wow, amazing, we have so many Smile  Thank you for all of your support on this thread.

The physiotherapist is coming to assess MrK for a walking frame this morning.  She wanted to know if the Furry One would 'eat her' lol.  I suppose she comes across all sorts of dogs and of course, owners say, it's ok, she/he won't bite.  Of course they bite, they are dogs!

We have a small pile of old cutlery from the picnic basket and middle 'junk' draw for the op shop this morning.  Our other cutlery has replaced it.  I'll drop it all off while MrK has his blood pressure and blood tests done.  While in town we need to pick up the Furry One's meds and book him in for his vaccination.  I'm wondering at what age they stop vaccinating.

After I have finished the dragon, I think I'll have a tutu with cutwork. It's something I have played around with before but lost patience.  But I was thinking a new runner along an old dressing table would look nice as well as keep my fingers busy.  The dragon now has ears, and I am working across the top of his head. 

Happy crafting Smile
Kiwimade when my leg thing happened the physio came here and gave me this hoop thing that is on the side of my bed  - it’s a bit of a pain when I put the bottom sheet on but when I have had a bad night and my leg just won’t get itself out of bed I can yank myself up with it - it’s brilliant .I already had the shower rails which Robie had bought from the mobility shop - my sister bought some from Temu that look exactly the same as mine for under $20 they are really good for stability - avoiding falls is priority -
Physio has been and yes, he will need a walker. She will order one with the sturdy wheels Big Grin She is very impressed with his balance and so on, if his back wasn't so bad, he would be great! The OT comes on the 2nd Oct to talk and advise about what tools he will need. There will be grab handles and other bits and bobs. That bed hoop sounds great, Jan. Anything that will help and make life a tad easier.
(Yesterday, 01:29 PM)kiwimade64 Wrote: Physio has been and yes, he will need a walker.  She will order one with the sturdy wheels Big Grin  She is very impressed with his balance and so on, if his back wasn't so bad, he would be great!  The OT comes on the 2nd Oct to talk and advise about what tools he will need.  There will be grab handles and other bits and bobs.  That bed hoop sounds great, Jan.  Anything that will help and make life a tad easier.

They can also give you lifters for the chairs.. more raisers than lifters. The chairs sit on them making them 4 or so inches higher.. Makes things alot easier for getting in and out of. 

Mum was good today. not so tired and her face looked so much better.  Colleen is getting nervous for her melanoma removal on Tuesday , And Annie was told she has lesions in both eyes, nothing they can do. 

Had a nice friendly lunch tho with lots of good chatter.
morning ladies Smile A fine day at long last.

Raising furniture certainly makes a difference to getting in/on and out/off again. Even the loo being taller makes a huge difference - used the loo at the mall the other day and omg it seemed a long way down lmao.

Today the plan is to finish behind the water tank. I need to be a skinny minny to get to some of it, but I should be able to reach using the heavy garden rake. MrK and I both had the same thought at the same time this morning about some old concrete fence posts and where to put them. They can go along the fenceline behind the tank to stop the Furry One from digging under the fence. They are really heavy, even for me, so will wait for Christmas when daughter and her partner are here and ask them for help. We often think the same thing at the same time.

The other day The Furry One caught a mouse. All we saw was the tail sticking out between his teeth. He dumped it at the bottom of the ramp for one of his slaves to put in the bin. At least he put it where we could find it.

Time to get cracking and face the day. I need to find some horse poo as well and those bags go pretty quickly this time of the year. Some people take the whole lot, doesn't leave any for the rest of us. Ages ago one woman had a trailer and was loading the last two bags onto the trailer after loading every other bag. Asked her nicely if I could have them as we only needed two and was told no. I silently prayed to the gardening gods that they were full of undigested seed and she was weeding for the next 10 years Tongue Tongue

Happy crafting Smile
Good morning. 

Sunshine and it's already warm. 

I had one horse poo stop I used to collect from, one with a higher poo to straw ratio, lol! Good way for the Stables to dispose of it though. 

Our busier than usual weekend will start in a few hours with the arrival of family.  Other family will also be around from time to time. Here's hoping there's good weather for plenty of outside time!

Time to move. 

Enjoy the day all.
Morning all
Bright overcast no wind

Ended up going to exchange book as DD requested a ride into city due to trains timetable totally erratic. Of course I ended up with buying another book the lady in childrens book shop is so enabling Big Grin

A piece of fabric from the quilt shop came home with me too.

Sewing  friend  popped in after lunch for help fitting a jacket and stayed for a chat. I did get the button holes done on my jacket I am one button short so will pick that up next week.

The poorly k9 just slept yesterday, didn't stir when leads came out, he still has good appetite but I think the tough decision will need to be made this coming week Cry

Not sure what I will do after housework might start on ABC panel quilt. I am trying to make one quilt a month for Nest Collective

Enjoy your day

Have fun with your family Roma
Can your vet come to the house Mica? It does limit the stress levels on everyone...
(10 hours ago)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Can your vet come to the house Mica? It does limit the stress levels on everyone...

Fortunately poorly one loves going to vet and veti s one of his favourite people so no need for home visit.
My sadness going to be same no matter what the location. It will be my last k9 of this breed I saved up and bought my first one when I was 13yrs and from 20 yrs always had two for some years we had 4vwhich 2 too many to walk solo plus kids. We will have our DD dog that we adopted 2.5 years ago diff breed but still a terrier
Morning everyone

The sun is out, with a gentle breeze. Wish it would blow and dry the lawn out some. its boggy in two points. my knee needs exercise so hopefully later in the day it can run around the lawn, or some of it at least.

The raisers and higher loo are wonderful. The toilet at the home is soooo low. They never had a handle in there until I asked for it. I said older people visit older people. Its been an absolute struggle while my knee was out of action, having to hang onto the handle and sink lol.. I have raisers on both toilets at home. Cos when I didn't have them my hamstrings suffered badly. My chair is on raisers and my old chair is on some that MrP made.

Hope to work on my picture some, but I have washing to put on and clothes to put away.

Have a fab day all
Mica, that is such a hard choice to make but it is also a privilege to be able to do this for our pets. Lots of hugs for you and your K9 Heart
I agree raisers are a godsend after surgery, but adjusting back is hard work. Trouble is, if we don't adjust back that muscle strength and use fades and makes using chairs and loos elsewhere a bit of an issue. I know my using the scoot is not helping my walking, but boy it sure saves back pain, lol.

This getting old business can be quite complex, but in the end, it is the little things that make life easier that matter most. Quality (and fun) over quantity works for me...

I am glad he likes the vet Mica, but I do not envy you the task, privilege though it is. Grief is hard and while we are grateful for all that comes before it, it is still hard.