Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another crackdown, on truancy this time.
They're calling it the star system...but not until 2026

At its worst, it could see parents prosecuted if their kids don't attend school. Just fabulous, criminalise parents.

And they don't like teacher only days - according to ACT all that should be done during school hours.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Dodgy

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/3504300...-reo-maori
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(26-09-2024, 03:33 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: They're calling it the star system...but not until 2026

At its worst, it could see parents prosecuted if their kids don't attend school. Just fabulous, criminalise parents.

And they don't like teacher only days - according to ACT all that should be done during school hours.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Dodgy

Micromanaging such they are doing here or on the proposed WFH restrictions is just an indication of band-aid measures to address faults in their base policies. This government are absolutely hopeless at planning beyond the day after tomorrow. And that is a scary prospect in light of their strategies on transport, energy and mineral extraction, all of which are bound to come back and bite us all on the arse.
(26-09-2024, 04:19 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(26-09-2024, 03:33 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: They're calling it the star system...but not until 2026

Rolleyes Rolleyes Dodgy

Micromanaging such they are doing here or on the proposed WFH restrictions is just an indication of band-aid measures to address faults in their base policies. This government are absolutely hopeless at planning beyond the day after tomorrow. And that is a scary prospect in light of their strategies on transport, energy and mineral extraction, all of which are bound to come back and bite us all on the arse.

And probably not until after they're no longer in govt; thus leaving a mess for the next one. They also want to stop the new hospital in Dunedin, the miserable sods.  Dodgy
They cannot manage to think long term; possibly a good thing in that they show every sign of being a one term govt - I hope.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(26-09-2024, 06:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(26-09-2024, 04:19 PM)harm_less Wrote: Micromanaging such they are doing here or on the proposed WFH restrictions is just an indication of band-aid measures to address faults in their base policies. This government are absolutely hopeless at planning beyond the day after tomorrow. And that is a scary prospect in light of their strategies on transport, energy and mineral extraction, all of which are bound to come back and bite us all on the arse.

And probably not until after they're no longer in govt; thus leaving a mess for the next one. They also want to stop the new hospital in Dunedin, the miserable sods.  Dodgy
They cannot manage to think long term; possibly a good thing in that they show every sign of being a one term govt - I hope.
You're thinking far too short term. I was thinking of repercussions reverberating well beyond an electoral term or two. Cutting major infrastructure projects, disrupting the content of our founding document, reversing the ban on GE organisms outside laboratories, promoting hydrocarbon exploration and it combustion, and many other decisions being made primarily for short term economic gain will generate effects that will last on through the generations. This coalition of corporate greed are hell bent on slashing and burning NZ to the whims of their evil overlords. The backlash is coming from the populace and heads will roll.
(26-09-2024, 06:50 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(26-09-2024, 06:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: And probably not until after they're no longer in govt; thus leaving a mess for the next one. They also want to stop the new hospital in Dunedin, the miserable sods.  Dodgy
You're thinking far too short term. I was thinking of repercussions reverberating well beyond an electoral term or two. Cutting major infrastructure projects, disrupting the content of our founding document, reversing the ban on GE organisms outside laboratories, promoting hydrocarbon exploration and it combustion, and many other decisions being made primarily for short term economic gain will generate effects that will last on through the generations. This coalition of corporate greed are hell bent on slashing and burning NZ to the whims of their evil overlords. The backlash is coming from the populace and heads will roll.
Exactly.   They are in the process of scraping out everything that makes Aotearoa unique and I long for the backlash, which will be strong, well organised and dramatic.
At the same time the growth in iwi populations and their social structure agewise is also rather interesting. Not a demographic that votes blue...
(26-09-2024, 07:32 PM)Olive Wrote:
(26-09-2024, 06:50 PM)harm_less Wrote: You're thinking far too short term. I was thinking of repercussions reverberating well beyond an electoral term or two. Cutting major infrastructure projects, disrupting the content of our founding document, reversing the ban on GE organisms outside laboratories, promoting hydrocarbon exploration and it combustion, and many other decisions being made primarily for short term economic gain will generate effects that will last on through the generations. This coalition of corporate greed are hell bent on slashing and burning NZ to the whims of their evil overlords. The backlash is coming from the populace and heads will roll.
Exactly.   They are in the process of scraping out everything that makes Aotearoa unique and I long for the backlash, which will be strong, well organised and dramatic.

We can only hope.
 And hope that next election, everyone gets out & votes because this lot have to be removed asap.
(26-09-2024, 07:37 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: At the same time the growth in iwi populations and their social structure agewise is also rather interesting. Not a demographic that votes blue...
Dunedin area electorates are not of a blue persuasion either, just saying. Politically safer to shit on those that don't vote your way in any case?
(27-09-2024, 11:27 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(26-09-2024, 07:37 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: At the same time the growth in iwi populations and their social structure agewise is also rather interesting. Not a demographic that votes blue...
Dunedin area electorates are not of a blue persuasion either, just saying. Politically safer to shit on those that don't vote your way in any case?

IF you don't mind creating a lot of anger which doesn't bode well for their party next election.

And it isn't just Maori they're pithing orff. Dodgy

But then perhaps it was always their intent to be a one term govt - do maximum damage then get out...

This partcular issue isn't going down at all well with teachers. Putting a childless man as minister of Education was always likely to create problems.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/5291...-crackdown
Oh now I don't think bringing parenting status into the argument is a positive thing. Educating and parenting may have some things in common, but they have a lot that aren't.

Schooling, which is what state education is all about, can at times be the exact opposite of parenting, in so many ways. And truancy is one indication that schooling is not necessarily a good thing.
(27-09-2024, 12:09 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh now I don't think bringing parenting status into the argument is a positive thing. Educating and parenting may have some things in common, but they have a lot that aren't.

Schooling, which is what state education is all about, can at times be the exact opposite of parenting, in so many ways. And truancy is one indication that schooling is not necessarily a good thing.

And he doesn't appear to have a clue on either of them...
(27-09-2024, 03:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(27-09-2024, 12:09 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh now I don't think bringing parenting status into the argument is a positive thing. Educating and parenting may have some things in common, but they have a lot that aren't.

And he doesn't appear to have a clue on either of them...
Seymour will be on Q&A on Sunday. Let's see what sort of grilling Jack gives him...