Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
Good morning. 

Overcast this morning ... hopefully the day improves as forecast.

KM there are so many good walking (concrete) trails near the river or Karapiro.

Darned birds ... I don't mind the 2 resident blackbirds on my lawn each day but every now and again they have a good garden scratch! Mulch all over the paths, seedling roots exposed or dug out! I find poking sticks (and whatever else will go into the soil) everywhere helps.

GS will get picked up today ... he's been good to have around. I will do some watering later to ensure we get the rain that is predicted, lol. Might even decide on some handcraft of one sort or another and find time to work on it. 

Cuppa finished. 

Enjoy the day all.
Morning all 
Another lovely day no clouds to be seen.

Attended friends memorial gathering yesterday afternoon, caught up with some old colleagues and a few of us went out for a meal. Emotional but a good day.

Going to David Williams kid show this afternoon with DGS and his mum I am looking forward  to it.

Been to gym this morning needcto shower and go get some cat food for DS cats so that I can drop it off when I meet them at their house.

Quilting is not perfect but progressing 

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
I used to edge my garden beds with bricks and a spade cut drainage ditch, it looked so neat and tidy on those big curves under the trees, until the blackbirds descended to hunt for worms. It was a weekly battle, me with the broom twitching fresh soil back where it should be, and those buggers with their dirt tossing excavations. These days though we are on friendlier terms. I have two, mr and mrs I think, who come when I garden, to watch for the delivery of slugs and snails - this place has a plague of those. The birds come so close, especially mr, bright beady eyes focused on every move my hands make just in case I miss a prize. The Tatty cat sits on the stairs in the sun and just watches them hop to it, I don't think she was ever taught birds are prey. Small felt balls though, she knows what those are. And knows that at 2am they are on the prowl and require rounding up...
I have a long line of bricks along a path which has my blueberries in the garden beside. The birds love that garden until I have the netting up. I've done as you suggest OHH in the past, but in this garden we have an irrigation line near the edge! The bricks keep going wonky .... I'm still waiting for a long (scrap) board from DH'S work!