Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
morning ladies Smile It's a tad chilly this morning but the sun's trying it's best.

It looks like we are racing the Brits in the Americas Cup Smile It's the first time since 1964 they have gotten this far.

Our grandson stays with us today for a week. And it's going to be a busy week too with the book fair and other things on the calendar.

The SH1 detour that goes by our home will be over and done with by lunch time today. Thank goodness for that. I know we need the roads repaired but OMG, the amount of SH1 traffic, combined with a very busy SH29 was full on. It has been constant, night and day.

Better get cracking, we have an early start.

happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Good morning. 

Nice and sunny after a cool start. 

We had 5yo GD overnight ... twisted my arm for some kids TV viewing while I have my cuppa. Very little TV viewing time in their house. You will be kept on your toes with GS around KM.

Mica, have you tried chocking the cat door open for a bit.  Worked for my cats .... they soon realise that was their entry point to the house! 

Road repairs season well underway ... we have detours everywhere, some most inconvenient, taking the driver annoyingly well off route as I found out yesterday. 

I like the surveys with incentive e.g. go into a draw for a reward  Big Grin  

No plan for the day.  It's looking good outside now but apparently rain expected  ... we'll see. 

Enjoy the day all.
Morning all
Fine day

No worries about feline and cat door she had two at our house so is okay  with using them she just a cautious beast and takes her time. Mainly want a safe way back indoors when k9 blocking the open doorway.

Had lovely meal with friends and good conversation . We have a friend coming for dinner here tonight leg of lamb on BBQ  and coconut chia pud with strawberries for dessert. 

Woolley  wash on floors and bathrooms next.

Not sure what else I will get up to today might reacquaint  myself with fabric stash for some  inspiration 

Enjoy your day
It's fun to have fun but you have to know how  Big Grin
Morning everyone

Fine but cool here.. but the sun is beautiful... Oddly it used to depress me. But Im ok about it these days.

I am still amazed that I let a student Dr watch when the Dr did a smear.. He looked about 18 lol.. I walked out thinking Did I Really do that lol.. But they have to learn somehow.

One question stumped me.. Could I kneel on the floor and get up lol.. I circled no but wrote I haven't attempted it.. But Im not going to either lol.

En-suite and kitchen for me today. And Ill work out what Im baking and measure out the ingredients. Afghans and shortbread for sure, but Ill make one other thing. Just have to figure out what. Cos Dianne's hubby doesn't like nuts, coconut or dried fruit lol.
Ill make me some Vanilla biscuits tho. A nice easy simple biscuit that I love.

My weight is dropping again, Yay.. 200 more grams and Ive lost 59 kilos. My target is 65 off.. But no more. Im not designed to be skinny.. And Im already having trouble keeping rings on. I love my rings and have never gone without rings since I brought my first one at 16.

HAve an awesome day everyone
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
My surgeon asked me if I would volunteer as a 'patient' for the exam process for young doctors in the orthopedics stream - because of my 'multiple surgical interventions'. I did. I stood in my knickers as one by one these young men (not a single woman among them) came in, regarded me at length, while the senior surgeon say at his desk and asked them to identify those interventions.

Boy it was tiring.
(10 hours ago)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: My surgeon asked me if I would volunteer as a 'patient' for the exam process for young doctors in the orthopedics stream - because of my 'multiple surgical interventions'. I did. I stood in my knickers as one by one these young men (not a single woman among them) came in, regarded me at length, while the senior surgeon say at his desk and asked them to identify those interventions.

Boy it was tiring.

I watch Botched, for the ones who have genuine need of mending and often think it would be good to see Dr Dubrow and get him to fix all my bits. But it would take forever with mending lol. But it sure would be good. throw in the Warfarin to complicate things and he would probably say no Anyway lol. 

Id be happy with my arms thinned down and my "dog Ears" as he calls them on my tummy.  I asked my DR to send a referral letter re my tummy. I haven't heard a thing so he will be getting a reminder on the 14th.
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
I've got no qualms about trainee medics getting knowledge and experience on real live humans and have had a few examinations and the like done or observed by 'learners'. The one bad experience was a trainee blood taker at a hospital I was at. He faffed around for ages hunting for the vein (as expected considering the long queue at the department at the time) but the amount of bruising he caused was impressive, especially as I don't normally bruise.

In contrast a little Chinese lady at a Medlab clinic I used around the same time was in and out in seconds. When I complimented her on her efficiency her reply was "I do lot" Big Grin in her limited English.
Yup, med lab techs are very very good at needles!

Dunedin's rain has reached Auckland... Bigly thunders and fat drops...
(8 hours ago)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yup, med lab techs are very very good at needles!

Dunedin's rain has reached Auckland... Bigly thunders and fat drops...

We had no thunder, and lots of little drops. The sun is finally out, here.
I do have other cameras!
Yup, it doesn't last long once the breeze gets to it!