Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficult to comprehend really
Everyone has principles though, and there is no rule that they should all match. In fact, we would be a very bland society if that were the case.

And while I might not agree with them, they do have a right to hold to their values, and take the consequences. Just as we all do.
It would appear, though, that some don't wish to take the consequences.
I do have other cameras!
(16-11-2021, 07:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Everyone has principles though, and there is no rule that they should all match. In fact, we would be a very bland society if that were the case.

And while I might not agree with them, they do have a right to hold to their values, and take the consequences. Just as we all do.
What principles would they have, to be willing to quit their job, and leave behind the children that they have taught, and grown fond of??
(16-11-2021, 07:41 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 07:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Everyone has principles though, and there is no rule that they should all match. In fact, we would be a very bland society if that were the case.

What principles would they have, to be willing to quit their job, and leave behind the children that they have taught, and grown fond of??

Perhaps their belief in freedom of choice.
(16-11-2021, 07:51 PM)egem Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 07:41 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: What principles would they have, to be willing to quit their job, and leave behind the children that they have taught, and grown fond of??

Perhaps their belief in freedom of choice.

and I guess that every decision has consequences, every compromise involves a trade off
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
And consequences are one of those things that teach us very definite life lessons.
Nonsense with the consequences. Haven't we all been saying, that all they have to do is get the jab, to protect us all. For the greater good.

What lessons are they sending out, to the children that they were teaching?
(16-11-2021, 08:21 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Nonsense with the consequences. Haven't we all been saying, that all they have to do is get the jab, to protect us all. For the greater good.

Well this one is teaching her students to stand up for their beliefs. 

"
Mortimer was “beyond devastated” at the thought of no longer teaching children at her school.

But if she “caved” and got the vaccine it would go against her teaching beliefs, she said.

She would no longer be able to stand in front of her students and teach them about “freedom and choice and democracy” if she received the jab, she said.

“I can’t look them in the eyes If I get this jab because it goes against everything I believe in, and I teach kids they need to stand up for what’s right.”

https://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/...ovid19-jab
(16-11-2021, 08:41 PM)egem Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 08:21 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Nonsense with the consequences. Haven't we all been saying, that all they have to do is get the jab, to protect us all. For the greater good.

"
Mortimer was “beyond devastated” at the thought of no longer teaching children at her school.

But if she “caved” and got the vaccine it would go against her teaching beliefs, she said.

She would no longer be able to stand in front of her students and teach them about “freedom and choice and democracy” if she received the jab, she said.

“I can’t look them in the eyes If I get this jab because it goes against everything I believe in, and I teach kids they need to stand up for what’s right.”

A pity she didn't teach them about community responsibility and concern for the safety of others.
I do have other cameras!
When I was studying, I occasionally worked with student teachers. I was often stunned by their lack of life experience and immaturity. And I was reminded of myself, straight out of school, and given the choice - nursing or teaching. I was a baby too back then. So, I feel sorry for these young people, they just have no idea.
(16-11-2021, 08:41 PM)egem Wrote:

"

All about me me me... The only important thing she will teach the children is that there are very clear consequences for bad decisions, when she is removed from the school...

(16-11-2021, 08:51 PM)king1 Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 08:41 PM)egem Wrote: Well this one is teaching her students to stand up for their beliefs. 

"

All about me me me... The only important thing she will teach the children is that there are very clear consequences for bad decisions, when she is removed from the school...

One could also argue those demanding others get vaccinated against their wishes in order to protect them are also all about "me me me'.
"One could argue those demanding others get vaccinated against their wishes in order to protect them are also all about "me me me'."

So you are all for selfishness?
I do have other cameras!
(16-11-2021, 07:55 PM)king1 Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 07:51 PM)egem Wrote: Perhaps their belief in freedom of choice.

and I guess that every decision has consequences, every compromise involves a trade off

The way I'm seeing things it's a numbers game. There is definitely a chance of copping an adverse reaction to the vaccination but the odds are far lower for that than suffering a serious result if the virus comes on board. Collateral damage is one way of looking at this unfortunately.

The vaccine isn't totally protective but it significantly reduces your chances of contracting the virus and reduces the severity of symptoms if you do end up with a 'breakthrough' infection. Again a way to sway the statistics in your favour.

The governments (internationally) are shit scared of what this virus is capable of doing including to existing health systems and to their populations so they're cranking out the pro-vax propaganda because that's the only tool they have in their toolbox currently and they would be vilified if they failed to at least try to mitigate the fatality rate that's coming. Admitting to the vaccine injuries would be counterproductive in what is already a difficult sell to some sectors of the population with many of those being Maori and if fatalities are significantly higher in that group the government will be blamed on racial terms. A bit of a no win situation in that respect.

We're in for a rough time for the next year at least so batten down the hatches and we do whatever we can to be a survivor at the other end. I'm just glad we're in NZ and not in some of the more densely populated regions particularly in the Northern Hemisphere.
(16-11-2021, 08:58 PM)egem Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 08:51 PM)king1 Wrote: All about me me me... The only important thing she will teach the children is that there are very clear consequences for bad decisions, when she is removed from the school...

One could also argue those demanding others get vaccinated against their wishes in order to protect them are also all about "me me me'.

yep but we we we got science on our side...  you know what, it fucking astounds me that the stupid teacher is quite prepared to risk the lives of her students for her own stupid beliefs... and it astounds me that someone that stupid can be a teacher...

(16-11-2021, 09:11 PM)king1 Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 08:58 PM)egem Wrote: One could also argue those demanding others get vaccinated against their wishes in order to protect them are also all about "me me me'.

yep but we we we got science on our side...  you know what, it fucking astounds me that the stupid teacher is quite prepared to risk the lives of her students for her own stupid beliefs... and it astounds me that someone that stupid can be a teacher...
That would seem to indicate the difference between educated and wise.
(16-11-2021, 08:58 PM)egem Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 08:51 PM)king1 Wrote: All about me me me... The only important thing she will teach the children is that there are very clear consequences for bad decisions, when she is removed from the school...

Nope, one could not argue that, because it’s about the entire bloody human race. The beauty of getting vaccinated is it protects you and literally everybody else too. In what warped reality is that selfish?

At the end of the day, the added benefit of vaccine mandates is it rids our education and healthcare sectors of people who are selfish, stupid, don’t believe in science, or all of the above.
(16-11-2021, 09:11 PM)king1 Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 08:58 PM)egem Wrote: One could also argue those demanding others get vaccinated against their wishes in order to protect them are also all about "me me me'.

Children are in the lowest risk category of becoming severely ill or dying of covid, and the majority of those that do have underlying conditions, so most of those children should be fully vaccinated already.

Assuming all kids in her class are vaccinated and she undergoes weekly covid testing - which the article states she is happy to do - any risks would be mitigated.
(16-11-2021, 09:23 PM)egem Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 09:11 PM)king1 Wrote: yep but we we we got science on our side...  you know what, it fucking astounds me that the stupid teacher is quite prepared to risk the lives of her students for her own stupid beliefs... and it astounds me that someone that stupid can be a teacher...

Children are in the lowest risk category of becoming severely ill or dying of covid, and the majority of those that do have underlying conditions, so most of those children should be fully vaccinated already.

Assuming all kids in her class are vaccinated and she undergoes weekly covid testing - which the article states she is happy to do - any risks would be mitigated.
No that's just more antivaxxer pseudo science pie in the sky BS.

"No that's just more antivaxxer pseudo science pie in the sky BS."

Which part?

(16-11-2021, 09:23 PM)videomonkey Wrote:

Nope, one could not argue that, because it’s about the entire bloody human race. The beauty of getting vaccinated is it protects you and literally everybody else too. In what warped reality is that selfish?

At the end of the day, the added benefit of vaccine mandates is it rids our education and healthcare sectors of people who are selfish, stupid, don’t believe in science, or all of the above.

You don't think it's selfish for someone to impose their will upon others? Not even a little bit?