Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's Podium of truth
I get so brassed off with THAT woman the more drivel she speaks the less I like her. She was asked why couldn't we go into the traffic light system earlier and this was her reply.

"Setting the date now gives people, communities and businesses time to prepare to move safely and smoothly into the new traffic light system."

REALLY!!

Does she not think that the likes of Aucklanders need time to prepare, oh thats right they have been sitting on their bums for the past 3 months doing nothing, by crikey they should have been preparing!

Those poor interpreters its a wonder Ardern doesn't hit them in the face or even take off the way she flaps her arms around.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Don't watch, if it upsets you so much.
I do have other cameras!
Going by the media in the last few weeks, businesses had been complaining that they didn't have a date. They get one and some still ain't happy.

On a side note, what the fuck was wrong with Barry Soper at the presser today? It's like he had never been to one before.
(22-11-2021, 03:52 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Going by the media in the last few weeks, businesses had been complaining that they didn't have a date. They get one and some still ain't happy.

On a side note, what the fuck was wrong with Barry Soper at the presser today? It's like he had never been to one before.
She doesnt like Barry, he asks the hard questions.

(22-11-2021, 03:49 PM)Praktica Wrote: Don't watch, if it upsets you so much.

Sorry to say that yes she does upset me, and now I hear she is taking another trip to Auckland very soon, maybe to give them the good news!
(22-11-2021, 03:52 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Going by the media in the last few weeks, businesses had been complaining that they didn't have a date. They get one and some still ain't happy.

Liquid lunchies?
I do have other cameras!
I can understand that the government will move slowly introducing the mechanics of the 'traffic light system'. There is a lot of documentation, process and participant input that needs to happen and if the implementation is rushed it would be very likely that control would be lost of the public safety measures required. As well as the risks that would present it would also be yet another point of complaint for the naysayers and there's obviously no shortage of those.
I don't get why we couldn't just stay at levels and stages...

And I do not get why we cannot have the vaccine pass mailed to those of us without printers.

Useless bloody system.
(22-11-2021, 04:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't get why we couldn't just stay at levels and stages...

And I do not get why we cannot have the vaccine pass mailed to those of us without printers.

Useless bloody system.
The traffic light system is designed to provide freedoms for the vaccinated, and restrictions for the unvaccinated - it shifts attention from the regional to the personal.

Load the vaccine pass onto your phone, and display it as a picture.
I do have other cameras!

I noticed it at the last presser they had, that he sounded like he didn't know what the heck he was talking about, or forgot his question, or something. He's been around for donkeys years. Maybe the idea of fatherhood is finally dawning on him, him being so old, and having a new baby around. Big Grin

(22-11-2021, 04:19 PM)harm_less Wrote: I can understand that the government will move slowly introducing the mechanics of the 'traffic light system'. There is a lot of documentation, process and participant input that needs to happen and if the implementation is rushed it would be very likely that control would be lost of the public safety measures required. As well as the risks that would present it would also be yet another point of complaint for the naysayers and there's obviously no shortage of those.
That makes the most sense. She is between a rock and a hard place, no matter what she does, or doesn't do.

I think that mostly, she is doing a wonderful job.
(22-11-2021, 05:24 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:

I noticed it at the last presser they had, that he sounded like he didn't know what the heck he was talking about, or forgot his question, or something. He's been around for donkeys years. Maybe the idea of fatherhood is finally dawning on him, him being so old, and having a new baby around. Big Grin

(22-11-2021, 04:19 PM)harm_less Wrote: I can understand that the government will move slowly introducing the mechanics of the 'traffic light system'. There is a lot of documentation, process and participant input that needs to happen and if the implementation is rushed it would be very likely that control would be lost of the public safety measures required. As well as the risks that would present it would also be yet another point of complaint for the naysayers and there's obviously no shortage of those.
That makes the most sense. She is between a rock and a hard place, no matter what she does, or doesn't do.

The Soper household would certainly be a 'stimulating' place to exist I imagine. And yes I agree that our PM is doing a great job under difficult circumstances.
(22-11-2021, 04:43 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 04:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't get why we couldn't just stay at levels and stages...

Useless bloody system.
The traffic light system is designed to provide freedoms for the vaccinated, and restrictions for the unvaccinated - it shifts attention from the regional to the personal.

Yup, I brought up on my tablet screen, and photographed it with my phone and that should work. So long as I can remember where it is on my phone. Gallery Michele, Gallery. Just remember Gallery...  Big Grin
(22-11-2021, 05:24 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:

I wish she was in a hard place and under a rock!! Yes I did vote for her and her government but I am bitterly dissapointed in her and her team and no way do I think they are doing a wonderful job, they are slow at everything covid and no they arn't just making sure we are safe they just dont have a clue what they are doing.
I disagree entirely and I am disgusted by your abusive message. The PM has an unbelievably hard job and she and her cabinet have done incredibly well by international standards keeping us relatively unharmed by Delta.

Soper is a misogynist narcissist. I am reluctant to use ageist descriptions but he really does come across as being in the early stages of dementia. Alcohol abuse over a long period can cause some kinds of dementia.
(22-11-2021, 06:13 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 05:24 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I noticed it at the last presser they had, that he sounded like he didn't know what the heck he was talking about, or forgot his question, or something. He's been around for donkeys years. Maybe the idea of fatherhood is finally dawning on him, him being so old, and having a new baby around. Big Grin

I wish she was in a hard place and under a rock!! Yes I did vote for her and her government but I am bitterly dissapointed in her and her team and no way do I think they are doing a wonderful job, they are slow at everything covid and no they arn't just making sure we are safe they just dont have a clue what they are doing.
Perhaps, then you could tell us what she should be doing?
I do have other cameras!
(22-11-2021, 06:27 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 06:13 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I wish she was in a hard place and under a rock!! Yes I did vote for her and her government but I am bitterly dissapointed in her and her team and no way do I think they are doing a wonderful job, they are slow at everything covid and no they arn't just making sure we are safe they just dont have a clue what they are doing.
Perhaps, then you could tell us what she should be doing?

Well if you do have other cameras perhaps you should be using other lenses to be able to see things more clearly.

(22-11-2021, 06:20 PM)Olive Wrote: I disagree entirely and I am disgusted by your abusive message.  The PM has an unbelievably hard job and she and her cabinet have done incredibly well by international standards keeping us relatively unharmed by Delta.

Soper is a misogynist narcissist.  I am reluctant to use ageist descriptions but he really does come across as being in the early stages of dementia.  Alcohol abuse over a long period can cause some kinds of dementia.

Thank you Olive you are of course entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine.
(22-11-2021, 04:43 PM)Praktica Wrote:

Useless bloody system.

My phone won't "load" things Smile
(22-11-2021, 07:05 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 06:27 PM)Praktica Wrote: Perhaps, then you could tell us what she should be doing?

Well if you do have other cameras perhaps you should be using other lenses to be able to see things more clearly.

I can see clearly that you aren't able to answer my question.

(22-11-2021, 07:50 PM)Bracken Wrote: My phone won't "load" things Smile
Neither will mine - I'll be carrying a printed copy.
I do have other cameras!
I just switch off to all this in the media now, still not giving much business certainty, the big sheep in Tirau has closed as a result I was just reading in the paper.

Re: Soper

https://twitter.com/benmackey/status/146...30310?s=21
once again a shallow attempt by the press to be the news rather than just reporting it.
we dont care about your feelings barry, try to focus on the job.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye