Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TM Messageboarders who are Sellers and Buyers...
How are you finding the transition from TM to TMMB??

I have to say, that I am liking the separation between the two. I sell on TM, and I got very easily distracted when trying to list items, and needing to go and check out what was going on..

I'm not doing that now. Well, a little bit, but knowing there is that barrier between my work and chat life, is good for me.

I don't know why that works for me, but it does, and I'm actually glad that TM mb's are gone.

Also, there are no arguments here, and that makes for a more peaceful time when I am here. I got too caught up in the drama 'over there'. No dramas here.....yet. Big Grin
Nope. I browse a hell of a lot less. I suspect that will result in money saving. For me. Not the sellers I usually buy from...

And I don't think I am the only one. Big mistake closing the boards.
I was a buyer never a seller.. I browse more than buying.
But that is how we find our treasures...
I was also a buyer, found some really good stuff there too from time to time. But once Xmas is over I think TM will notice a bit less traffic than previously.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Trademe never made very much out of me! Only things I buy on there now is if I see some cheap books or toys for my granddaughter, and I wait to list books or whatever I have when they offer special 'no success fees' weekends.
For quite a while now I've primarily used Trade Me as a directory to find likely brands and/or businesses to then search for off of the Trade Me platform. The restrictions that TM have in place when asking questions and the fact that those questions are being displayed on a public platform often make it difficult to get the information details I'm after. And of course many traders are a little more negotiable in price when they haven't got that 10% TM commission to factor in.