Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I wonder if Collins was feeling the heat
Handmaids Tale here we come, with Luxon.
I do have other cameras!
The reason I supported Collins for leader back when, was because I hoped she could destroy the party.

I doubt Luxon can put Humpty back together again. This could be the Rise of ACT.
Bridges is going to think it over if he wants to put his name forward again, Luxon I dont trust one little bit with him being a good chum of the smiling assassin, I know nothing about Mark Mitchell, so I suppose the best of the bad bunch would be Bridges for now.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I don't think this will be the end of National. Labour was in a shambles not that long ago and they sorted themselves out. This is normal for a party in opposition.
Just curious: when and where did the expression "rolled" come about - meaning "deposed", "dismissed", or "demoted" I presume - ?

Have never seen it before this day.
(25-11-2021, 02:40 PM)Bracken Wrote: Just curious: when and where did the expression "rolled" come about - meaning "deposed", "dismissed", or "demoted" I presume - ?

Rolled more commonly means robbed, but I think its political meaning has evolved to mean "shoved aside so abruptly as to fall and roll over and over"
(25-11-2021, 02:15 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The reason I sported Collins for leader back when, was because I hoped she could destroy the party.

I doubt Luxton can put Humpty back together again. This could be the Rise  of ACT.
 Bloody hell - I hope not. While I have some respect for David Seymour for getting the end of life bill across the line, I just don't trust him, & seriously dislike the ACT party.

They're still too steeped in right wing Neo Liberalism & could do some damage if voted into power; I think this country has had more than enough of it over the past decades.

(25-11-2021, 02:55 PM)Olive Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 02:40 PM)Bracken Wrote: Just curious: when and where did the expression "rolled" come about - meaning "deposed", "dismissed", or "demoted" I presume - ?

Rolled more commonly means robbed, but I think its political meaning has evolved to mean "shoved aside so abruptly as to fall and roll over and over"
  I remember it being used back when Jenny Shipley waited until PM Jim Bolger was out of NZ before knifing him in the back & grabbing the top spot.

'Rolled' probably sounds better than treacherous git grabbed top job. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I agree. But the old guard isn't dead yet. None of the parties have any real guts in them, all are dragging their feet on climate change. By the time they wake up it will be far too late. Then it really won't matter who has all the baubles...

(25-11-2021, 02:26 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Bridges is going to think it over if he wants to put his name forward again, Luxon I dont trust one little bit with him being a good chum of the smiling assassin, I know nothing about Mark Mitchell, so I suppose the best of the bad bunch would be Bridges for now.
Mitchell's background as a mercenary disturbs me.
Do you think If Simon Bridges gets back in as leader would he sack Jacqui Dean for being a shit stirrer?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular

I have always assumed it rose out of revolution, and inferred a more survivable change of leadership rather than a decapitation.
I don't know much about him, but just looked it up & sure enough, he definitely seems to have been in the mercenary business.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/21-02-...atters?amp=
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(25-11-2021, 03:13 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Do you think If Simon Bridges gets back in as leader would he sack Jacqui Dean for being a shit stirrer?
I think Dean has held a grudge for sure, but acting on it was Collins choice.

Stupid woman. English handled it much better at the time. But now they are all butt covering...
i sometimes  think the spinoff is almost  writing  conspiracy stuff . But judge  judi  collinsed  out on the sliming  bridges it seems. Arrow
(25-11-2021, 03:46 PM)intrade Wrote: i sometimes  think the spinoff is almost  writing  conspiracy stuff . But judge  judi  collinsed  out on the sliming  bridges it seems. Arrow
Anyone who has been in any of the services, or had family in them will tell you exactly what mercenaries are. Killers for money.
Do you really want such a person in a leadership role? Bad enough he got into the House in the first place.
(25-11-2021, 03:03 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I agree. But the old guard isn't dead yet. None of the parties have any real guts in them, all are dragging their feet on climate change. By the time they wake up it will be far too late. Then it really won't matter who has all the baubles...

(25-11-2021, 02:26 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Bridges is going to think it over if he wants to put his name forward again, Luxon I dont trust one little bit with him being a good chum of the smiling assassin, I know nothing about Mark Mitchell, so I suppose the best of the bad bunch would be Bridges for now.

Surely the Green Party are not dragging their heels on climate change too much? I mean it is the whole purpose of the party.
National needs to ditch Dirty Politics, it's not a good look...and ''Not in My Postion as Prime Minister'' won't cut it as an excuse in this day and age.
Agreed; all of them need to ditch dirty politics. Time for fair play & reasonable behaviour wouldn't come amiss either. It does not have to be backroom deals & pissing in each other's pockets, & backstabbing & generally behaving badly.
Grow the hell up, you lot in the Beehive & address climate change regardless of who might be more interested in preventing any progress on it. Most of us have descendants, & would rather their lives weren't hellish because greed won out over doing what's needed.
(25-11-2021, 05:36 PM)TygerTung Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 03:03 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I agree. But the old guard isn't dead yet. None of the parties have any real guts in them, all are dragging their feet on climate change. By the time they wake up it will be far too late. Then it really won't matter who has all the baubles...

Surely the Green Party are not dragging their heels on climate change too much? I mean it is the whole purpose of the party.
They are, in order to get some things through they seem to think compromise is okay.
It isn't. They all need to start getting louder and take more political risks.
But they won't. They like the job too much.

(25-11-2021, 06:33 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Where is Peter Goodfellow in this particular debacle? Hiding in the wings yet again? When is that man going to front up for the ongoing long term mismanagement of members of his party? Or is that not his job...

The buck seems to go round and round and round in that world.
And the butt covering continues...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ss-release
With Collins' demotion comes a lower pay... I guess she will learn what the price of cheese is now. Tongue
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
And there ends arguably the Poorest Leadership Reign of major Party in living memory.

We are the Party of Personal Responsibility

I have appointed Gerry Brownlee as Campaign Manager

We have recieved the worst Election Thrashing

I'll stay in my job....