• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Unmasked "Exempt" Can be Found: Cities, Suburbs, Towns
Levin, Otaki = MidCentral DHB
(25-11-2021, 04:02 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: Levin, Otaki = MidCentral DHB
Based on what info?
(25-11-2021, 04:08 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 04:02 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: Levin, Otaki = MidCentral DHB
Based on what info?
Observation. In supermarkets, shops, post offices over several weeks/months. Interested in others' observations of their communities or travel.
You are watching people? To check their vax status?

No. Really?

And I thought I was bad...
everywhere - last I heard there were over 8000 mask exemptions issued
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(25-11-2021, 04:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You are watching people? To check their vax status?

No. Really?

And I thought I was bad...
Not their vax status.
If someone is not wearing a mask, it's pretty obvious they are not wearing a mask and should therefore have an exemption and should be prepared to show it when asked by a shop employee. A real one, not one printed off the internet and not one left at home or, as one woman put it, an "extension".
When you look at who is issuing them, the reason becomes obvious...
if you are somewhere with a mask requirement without a mask on and i come in there will be angry confrontation
im not going to be tolerant, fuck that ive got grandkids
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Ahhhh, another one no longer prepared to tolerate idiots! Good for you!
(25-11-2021, 05:17 PM)Magoo Wrote: if you are somewhere with a mask requirement without a mask on and i come in there will be angry confrontation
why? shouldn't you find out if they have an exemption first...

It is absolutely pointless having an angry confrontation with someone who can't wear a mask because they were kidnapped, sexually assaulted, blindfolded or who knows what other horrors... and you have absolutely no right to enquire as to the reason.

Some genuinely can't wear them, but that does not give you the right to treat them like they're antivaxxers
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...-awareness

horseshit. you can get exemptions all over the place.
genuine exemptions are infinitesimal
i dont buy their horseshit. no, i will be confronting people, i dont want to find out later after someone i love gets ill and dies that your cereal box exemption is little more than a note from mum to get out of PE, and if the law requires you wear one and you arent then i will confront you, and call five o.
thats how i am. i dont mind confrontation at all.
im not bending over to be fucked by some anti mask karen trying to prove a point.
i think weve all gone past that by now. kindness hasnt worked.
if we dont speak up they think its ok

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty...L5LF2ZDZE/

can you tell ive lost someone to covid already
(25-11-2021, 05:34 PM)king1 Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 05:17 PM)Magoo Wrote: if you are somewhere with a mask requirement without a mask on and i come in there will be angry confrontation
why? shouldn't you find out if they have an exemption first...

It is absolutely pointless having an angry confrontation with someone who can't wear a mask because they were kidnapped, sexually assaulted, blindfolded or who knows what other horrors... and you have absolutely no right to enquire as to the reason.

Some genuinely can't wear them, but that does not give you the right to treat them like they're antivaxxers

There was an article in Stuff a few weeks ago quoting a GP who said that in his practice of about 1,200 patients, there was one who might be eligible for an exemption.
Those who don't want to wear a mask are hiding behind those who genuinely can't, relying on the general public's reticence to make a fuss when face-to-face with an unmasked person. There needs to be a crackdown on the fake exemptions. It's ridiculous at the moment. My auntie won't visit her local shops anymore because of the number of unmasked (in a low vaccination town). She drives 15 minutes on SH1 to another town. She shouldn't have to do that.
An option for those who can't wear masks is a visor shield. OK, they may feel a little silly, but we all felt like that when first wearing masks. An employee in a shop I visited recently was wearing one.
i suffer no such reticence. i am the antithesis to a rabid dirty, disease carrying antivaxxer/anti masker
i can be equally arrogant, unreasonable, obnoxious as they are. i think going somewhere masks are required and not wearing one is confrontational. im that confrontation.
you think i like wearing a mask? hot, itchy, uncomfortable. i understand. i just dont care, wear a mask, get vaxxed you incel dunning-kruger cabbages.
(25-11-2021, 06:34 PM)Magoo Wrote: i suffer no such reticence. i am the antithesis to a rabid dirty, disease carrying antivaxxer/anti masker
i can be equally arrogant, unreasonable, obnoxious as they are. i think going somewhere masks are required and not wearing one is confrontational. im that confrontation.
you think i like wearing a mask? hot, itchy, uncomfortable. i understand. i just dont care, wear a mask, get vaxxed you incel dunning-kruger cabbages.
Have you confronted someone? What was the reaction? What's mask wearing like in your area?

I don't know why people won't wear masks. I understand it's become a political thing, but seriously.  We all have to wear clothes although sometimes those clothes are hot and scratchy because the community has decided it's in the community's best interest. We all have to wear seatbelts, even though the things are uncomfortable. We all have to pass a driving test and an eye test every few years - again, in the community's best interest.
(25-11-2021, 06:13 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 05:34 PM)king1 Wrote: why? shouldn't you find out if they have an exemption first...

There was an article in Stuff a few weeks ago quoting a GP who said that in his practice of about 1,200 patients, there was one who might be eligible for an exemption. 
Those who don't want to wear a mask are hiding behind those who genuinely can't, relying on the general public's reticence to make a fuss when face-to-face with an unmasked person. There needs to be a crackdown on the fake exemptions. It's ridiculous at the moment. My auntie won't visit her local shops anymore because of the number of unmasked (in a low vaccination town). She drives 15 minutes on SH1 to another town. She shouldn't have to do that.
An option for those who can't wear masks is a visor shield. OK, they may feel a little silly, but we all felt like that when first wearing masks. An employee in a shop I visited recently was wearing one.
Yep totally agree, for the record I have an exemption.  It was ridiculously easy to obtain.  My needs are genuine, respiratory issues that get the worse the longer i wear masks... By evenings I am a mess after wearing a mask all/half the day.

However I agree, as i said it was ridiculously easy to obtain, an email to the disabled persons assembly, with a brief explanation...  

It needs to be tightened up but that is not the fault of those with a genuine need, unfortunately the system is another trust model

Here is the text from the email they sent about this aspect

Quote:Using the card
The use of this card is self-regulated and decided upon by the individual. However, the Ministry of Health encourages people to do the right thing and only use this Exemption Card if you need to.
If anyone asks why you are not wearing a face covering, you can show them the card. You don’t need to show this card to public transport operators like bus drivers, but you can if you want to.

Sometimes the reason why a face covering is unsuitable for you is not obvious to others. You should not worry if a business owner or employee approaches you to ask whether you are able to wear a face covering. They are just ensuring the safety of you and others.

It is inappropriate for a business owner or employee to enquire about the nature of your disability or condition. But it is reasonable for them to check whether you are exempt from the rule to wear a face covering.

king1 - I would hate to be in your shoes at this time. You must get the stink eye a lot. Do you think if the Government encouraged people to wear their exemption card on a lanyard to reassure the general public that would be a reasonable option or is it a bit Nazi-ish?  I have to wear my employee card on a lanyard all day so that's where the idea comes from.
I confronted someone today on just that issue. She drove down the drive, hopped out of her car, grabbed something from the back seat and proceeded to walk towards three of us residents, standing well apart and talking. She wasn't masked. I said, 'excuse me, you must have a mask on when visiting the village...' She looked at me and laughed. 'No,' I said 'Seriously, you must wear a mask, not for the sake of the person you are visiting, but for our sakes, the rest of us who live here...'

She went back to the car, put her mask on and delivered whatever it was to whoever...

Sometimes people just need to be reminded that casually ignoring the rules isn't good enough.

Sorry - duplicated the post...
(25-11-2021, 07:12 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: king1 - I would hate to be in your shoes at this time. You must get the stink eye a lot. Do you think if the Government encouraged people to wear their exemption card on a lanyard to reassure the general public that would be a reasonable option or is it a bit Nazi-ish?

i think they need to tighten up the rules - reissue proper cards to restore faith in the system.

The problem is there are too many articles about people photocopying them or otherwise obtaining fraudulently, and obviously it erodes the trust in the system, and everyone is thinking every other person without a mask probably got their exemption on facebook...

I mean the card literally says  "I am exempt from wearing a face covering" and in tiny letters "thank you for your understanding".  Nothing to identify the bearer at all...

Personally I have found most organisations ok once you show the exemption, get some funny looks from people, only dick I came across was the driver at the cable car in wellington whom even though I was visibly damn near dying from the walk to the planetarium and having to explain the exemption to him twice (when I can't speak more than a few words with each breath), his parting comment was  "well, do your best to please" - f'n idiot...

If i'm just stopping in at the service station for two minutes I can cope with that fine, just extended periods, or after any kind of exertion...  All this started with a fucking allergy to a molting dog three months ago I might add...

(25-11-2021, 07:12 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: king1 - I would hate to be in your shoes at this time. You must get the stink eye a lot. Do you think if the Government encouraged people to wear their exemption card on a lanyard to reassure the general public that would be a reasonable option or is it a bit Nazi-ish?  I have to wear my employee card on a lanyard all day so that's where the idea comes from.
This is why I want a printed laminated pass. I will wear it. That and my outrageous mask will help make my status even more clear, for those who might miss the obvious in the drunken walk or the champagne mobility scooter with all its colourful flags...  Wink
(25-11-2021, 06:49 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 06:34 PM)Magoo Wrote: i suffer no such reticence. i am the antithesis to a rabid dirty, disease carrying antivaxxer/anti masker
Have you confronted someone? What was the reaction? What's mask wearing like in your area?

I don't know why people won't wear masks. I understand it's become a political thing, but seriously.  We all have to wear clothes although sometimes those clothes are hot and scratchy because the community has decided it's in the community's best interest. We all have to wear seatbelts, even though the things are uncomfortable. We all have to pass a driving test and an eye test every few years - again, in the community's best interest.
no ive not confronted anyone yet i thought id give the obstinate pricks until christmas to get it together.
but jacinda has pulled that date forward to Dec 3rd.
thereafter i will be much less tolerant and much more aggressive .

king1, i will absolutely approach you if i see you in a place where masks are required by law.
unless you are wheezing and struggling to breath i am not going to be very forgiving im afraid.
if your raspatory system is so compromised i would have thought the last thing you would want is to be around maskless people. you are vulnerable.
covid might be a death sentence for you.
im doing it to protect people like you from those whose indifference, politics or just lack of IQ would see others harmed.
get the shots, wear a mask when im around, you'll be fine.