Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
That other new messageboard
I deleted everything except my posts and my email, i couldn't delete those, then i just logged out, won't be back
I've deleted my comment but also had a private message from the Admin saying to give him a day or 2 as didn't know how to do it lol
(17-02-2020, 04:55 AM)Golfy Ah buyt you can, I deleted two comments, but can\t delete anything that has been quoted Wrote:
(16-02-2020, 10:04 PM)SilverBear Wrote: Best option is to delete all your comments and personal info from your profile. Log out and forget you were ever there.
You can’t
I tried to join, but I never received a confirmation email.

Gave up.
(16-02-2020, 05:10 PM)wholetruth Wrote: Funny how that the clueless admin over at that nzissues site (or Digby to his friends) started it as a forum for far-right anti-Muslim rhetoric masquerading as "NZ Issues", but it has been taken over by unsuspecting normals posting recipes and parenting advice.

Saying that, it won't be too long before it becomes the new incarnation of mb2 (which is not a good thing.)
Nasty. A forum is what the members make it.
(17-02-2020, 01:17 PM)Madame Wrote:
(16-02-2020, 05:10 PM)wholetruth Wrote: Funny how that the clueless admin over at that nzissues site (or Digby to his friends) started it as a forum for far-right anti-Muslim rhetoric masquerading as "NZ Issues", but it has been taken over by unsuspecting normals posting recipes and parenting advice.

Saying that, it won't be too long before it becomes the new incarnation of mb2 (which is not a good thing.)
I agree.  I dont know who is the Admin of the other site and at this stage, I dont care.  They seem pleasant enough and anxious to please the members that have registered.  They have even started a thread advising members to contact them if they want to leave and they will delete all their posts.  I thought this was fairly decent of them because no other forum would make that offer.  You leave and take your chances.  Until I have evidence that the site is a far right anti-Muslim site as the OP has claimed, I will remain there.
(17-02-2020, 01:17 PM)Madame Wrote: A forum is what the members make it.

How very profound. I agree with you 100%.
Wait, what, I got to have a signature?

It will never become the "new incarnation of MB2" for the very reason you stated in your opening sentence "the clueless admin" which MB2 did not have.
They knew exactly what they wanted their site to be and actively steered it in that direction, sending to purgatory anyone hellbent on derailing that plan.

NZ issues sole admin is enjoying the headrush of blooming membership. Soon after the rusty hulk HMNZS TurdMe finally slips under the surface, said admin will realise just how much time pandering to their demands will take. Good luck to him for he will need lots of that as well as time, patience and money.
(17-02-2020, 10:38 AM)Ralph Wrote: I tried to join, but I never received a confirmation email.

Gave up.
I think most confirmation emails went to the junk file, well mine did and others have said theirs did also.
I checked my junk file when I thought I hadn't received it and whamo there it was  Smile

(17-02-2020, 06:23 PM)Anrev Wrote:
(17-02-2020, 10:38 AM)Ralph Wrote: I tried to join, but I never received a confirmation email.

Gave up.
I think most confirmation emails went to the junk file, well mine did and others have said theirs did also.
I checked my junk file when I thought I hadn't received it and whamo there it was  Smile

Most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all. Michael Rivero
(16-02-2020, 06:13 PM)tommi2 Wrote: It sure does, i am really hoping this one takes off and others from over there learn about this one and migrate here

Well, I'm here... Smile
(19-02-2020, 02:25 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(16-02-2020, 06:13 PM)tommi2 Wrote: It sure does, i am really hoping this one takes off and others from over there learn about this one and migrate here

Well, I'm here... Smile
another right wing Tory extremist huh! ?
Oh yeah, that's me for sure. How clever of you to see through my carefully constructed lefty Greenie disguise!
Quality trumps Quantity.
(16-02-2020, 05:10 PM)wholetruth Wrote: Saying that, it won't be too long before it becomes the new incarnation of mb2 (which is not a good thing.)
Ooohhh, I dunno..
Although it definitely declined in the later couple of years, in it's hey-day MB2 was actually alot of fun..
It certainly filled a much needed void among the MB scene, & provided a forum where people had absolute freedom of speech & didn't have all the nannas rushing to report anyone who dared drop an f-bomb  Big Grin
It even had a real estate section Wink
(19-02-2020, 02:25 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:

Well, I'm here... Smile
Welcome, nice to see you here Smile
(19-02-2020, 07:17 PM)Essi Wrote:
(16-02-2020, 05:10 PM)wholetruth Wrote: Saying that, it won't be too long before it becomes the new incarnation of mb2 (which is not a good thing.)
Ooohhh, I dunno..
Although it definitely declined in the later couple of years, in it's hey-day MB2 was actually alot of fun..
It certainly filled a much needed void among the MB scene, & provided a forum where people had absolute freedom of speech & didn't have all the nannas rushing to report anyone who dared drop an f-bomb  Big Grin
It even had a real estate section Wink

I would have to disagree on that score, but then I had cause, lol.
LOL Oh_hunnihunni...many did Wink
But..some great & long lasting friendships were formed there Smile
Yes, that is the beauty of communities, and the danger of them as well. I still have friends I speak to online everyday who I met online, in a forum far far away in the 90s. And I still remember with love the ones we have lost. The good far outweighs the bad for me, otherwise I guess I wouldn't still be posting in strange new places!
I think that when TM close the boards in a few days peeps will join up, everyone still feels part of the TM board but that will change.