Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luxon said "We are the reset".
Imagine what the legion of CTrs will think of that. "The Great Reset is here!!!!!"
I do have other cameras!
I can reset my version of windows but it still goes the same as the last version!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I should think any CTers will either be panicking or celebrating.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
He'd be pretty useless if he didn't say something to that effect. Of course they think they are going to be the 'reset' to end all resets.

I bet he wanted to laugh, when he was asked how he was going to try and top the Jacinda affect.
A limo to cross the road??? Reallyy??? What planet is he on!
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
Some seem to have the mindset that Luxon is John Key re incarnate.

Its getting more interesting as to which side is more delusional.
(01-12-2021, 06:23 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: A limo to cross the road???  Reallyy??? What planet is he on!
I wondered about that, too. A better move  might have been to simply walk across the street, like normal people do.

In times like this such extravagance was never going to be a good look. Rolleyes Huh
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(01-12-2021, 12:29 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:23 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: A limo to cross the road???  Reallyy??? What planet is he on!
I wondered about that, too. A better move  might have been to simply walk across the street, like normal people do.

In times like this such extravagance was never going to be a good look. Rolleyes Huh
Maybe he thought that swatting up on the price of a kilo block of cheese for last night's Project interview made him appear like one of us normal folk after his show of wanton extravagance in limo'ing across the street Wink
(01-12-2021, 12:54 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 12:29 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I wondered about that, too. A better move  might have been to simply walk across the street, like normal people do.

Maybe he thought that swatting up on the price of a kilo block of cheese for last night's Project interview made him appear like one of us normal folk after his show of wanton extravagance in limo'ing across the street Wink
Probably did - who knows what goes on in the minds of politicians! Rolleyes Smile
National's new leader Chris Luxon, who owns seven properties, "wouldn't want to see house prices fall dramatically" but recognises prices need to "stabilise".
Mind you their are a lot of Labour politicians that wouldn't like to see house prices fall either.
Yes there are several MP's on both left & right who own several properties & 'wouldn't want prices to fall dramatically.'
No doubt there are several renters who 'didn't want rents to rise dramatically,' too.

Time to put an end to this imo - as fairly as possible.
They are pretty much all property owners.

Which is why the outrageous imbalance in the property market works to their advantage.

Viva la revolution!
Oddly enough, you're not the only one to have thought of that. Some see pitchforks...

https://tinyurl.com/9hnkc67y

"If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy, the pitchforks are going to come for us. No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality. In fact, there is no example in human history where wealth accumulated like this and the pitchforks didn’t eventually come out. You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a police state. Or an uprising. There are no counterexamples. None. It’s not if, it’s when.

The most ironic thing about rising inequality is how completely unnecessary and self-defeating it is. If we do something about it, if we adjust our policies in the way that, say, Franklin D. Roosevelt did during the Great Depression—so that we help the 99 percent and preempt the revolutionaries and crazies, the ones with the pitchforks—that will be the best thing possible for us rich folks, too. It’s not just that we’ll escape with our lives; it’s that we’ll most certainly get even richer."
(01-12-2021, 12:29 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:

Except did you see the rabid mob chasing the car?  What do you think would have happened if he had walked?  Do you honestly believe it wouldn't have been a media scrum as they all shouted questions at him?

(01-12-2021, 01:34 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: National's new leader Chris Luxon, who owns seven properties, "wouldn't want to see house prices fall dramatically" but recognises prices need to "stabilise".
Mind you their are a lot of Labour politicians that wouldn't like to see house prices fall either.
And then we have a PM who does an interview saying she would like to see prices return to pre covid levels.  Thank goodness no one takes her comments on the economy seriously or it might have sent the markets into a tailspin.
(30-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Except did you see the rabid mob chasing the car?  What do you think would have happened if he had walked?  Do you honestly believe it wouldn't have been a media scrum as they all shouted questions at him?

Given the quality of most of our political reporters I'm sure Chris De Luxton could have coped fine with the softballs lobbed up by them if he'd walked the 50m from across the road. He could have picked up a flat white from that small cafe by the apartments with the name that I don't remember and done the whole "Man of the People" thing. Maybe don't do the stop and chat with the evenly spaced general public that Judith did for one day. Remember Judith? "crush this" or whatever her catchphrase was. She was great.

Got to remember that there's only a handful of roving reporters working Parliament, half of them having to manhandle their TV camera person to make sure they don't fall over and injure themselves, or far more importantly, the camera lens. The older reporters (looking at you Barry) don't get involved in any of that recklessness - Barry is too busy dining alfresco at various bistros to bother with such things Smile
I wonder how his voter base would react if he came out with a promise that backed up his rhetoric around benefit bashing, along the lines of 'the Winter Energy Payment will go the moment I become PM'...
(31-12-2021, 04:56 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I wonder how his voter base would react if he came out with a promise that backed up his rhetoric around benefit bashing, along the lines of 'the Winter Energy Payment will go the moment I become PM'...

Bugger that I look forward to my winter energy payment each year. That for me would be a deal breaker.
(30-12-2021, 10:08 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote:
(30-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Except did you see the rabid mob chasing the car?  What do you think would have happened if he had walked?  Do you honestly believe it wouldn't have been a media scrum as they all shouted questions at him?

Given the quality of most of our political reporters I'm sure Chris De Luxton could have coped fine with the softballs lobbed up by them if he'd walked the 50m from across the road. He could have picked up a flat white from that small cafe by the apartments with the name that I don't remember and done the whole "Man of the People" thing. Maybe don't do the stop and chat with the evenly spaced general public that Judith did for one day. Remember Judith? "crush this" or whatever her catchphrase was. She was great.

Got to remember that there's only a handful of roving reporters working Parliament, half of them having to manhandle their TV camera person to make sure they don't fall over and injure themselves, or far more importantly, the camera lens. The older reporters (looking at you Barry) don't get involved in any of that recklessness - Barry is too busy dining alfresco at various bistros to bother with such things Smile

No the soft questions are lobbed at the PM. Leader of the opposition tends to get questions that never get directed at the PM.
Tongue 
Opens up Tuesday's Dom Post...

"What are you doing over the Christmas period?"
"You're a pretty big guy - I imagine there are some pretty big splashes"
"What kind of numbers are we talking here - tents on the back yard?"
"Do you have a dish you do every Christmas?"
"Any books you're looking forward to reading?"
"What about podcasts? Are you a podcast guy?

Yeah, some real curly ones in there.
(31-12-2021, 08:11 AM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Opens up Tuesday's Dom Post...

"What are you doing over the Christmas period?"
"You're a pretty big guy - I imagine there are some pretty big splashes"
"What kind of numbers are we talking here - tents on the back yard?"
"Do you have a dish you do every Christmas?"
"Any books you're looking forward to reading?"
"What about podcasts? Are you a podcast guy?

Yeah, some real curly ones in there.

Wow you read a newspaper?  How delightfully 20th century of you.

AND there zre always stupid fluff peices at this time of the year for all politicians.