Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Annoying words, sayings or ads.
free range eggs - not free
gluten free - costs more
free speech - isnt
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Bathroom instead of toilet/loo.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Did you sleep with each other?
Nooo we didnt sleep we screwed our arses off!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
'Off of'
Idiots calling me 'Ma'am' - fairly sure they're not American & I know damned well I'm not the queen.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
And apparently no one dies these days - nope, they 'pass'.

I sometimes have to restrain myself from asking what subject...Smile

Defly, definly - nope, definitely. It really isn't that many syllables ,fgs.
When some one axes what happened? You chop wood with axes dont you?
Yep, arks a question, & prolly instead of probably.
(19-01-2022, 06:08 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Yep, arks a question, & prolly instead of probably.
Prolly is dreadful.  And another in the same realm I can't abide is 'puter, also hundy.
I remember a friend's mother when I was in high school who was really annoyed every time we said yeah instead of yes. I'm starting to understand how she felt. Smile
And bloody Donovan - may have to hunt him down & exterminate him!
He must have been desperate for dosh - he sold his song to bloody Macdonalds & they keep thrashing the ad, using a song I once really liked, catch the wind. Bugger.
Very true Im getting so sick of that ad and hearing that bloody song
(20-01-2022, 05:21 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Very true Im getting so sick of that ad and hearing that bloody song
 I know - & it isn't such a bad ad & the song's still good; its just the frequency of it which is so annoying.

Mind you there's a worse ad on the radio lately; all about how your 'loved ones' are looked after so very, very well by the people at whatever the hell the home's called, by angelic, saintly carers, even on the  sad days, but wait - there are happy laughing days too, & oh, the fun they have.

I'm sure I could write a deeply sarcastic version of it - total codswallop all aimed at making money! Dodgy