Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's okay, Boris didn't know it was a party...
Another comically bad misstep from the chronic bumbler, but half-expecting him to come out saying that the work event was making Britain stronger, etc, which seems to work with the Conservatives core voters.

No doubt this will all be swept under the carpet, with the finger pointed at the guy who sent out the email. He'll get himself another job - maybe a cushy foreign posting - and all will be forgotten.
Totally understandable, I have used the same excuse many times.
It reminded me of a word not so much used these days but which seems to describe Boris to a T.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction...ish/duffer

"a person who has little skill or is slow to learn"

The related words fit him well too, especially blithering idiot. There's just something slightly buffoon-ish about him. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Except that he knows he is a fool, but thinks the rest of us are even more fools than he is.

And he may be right. After all, he is the British PM.

Gods, the alternative must've been pretty crook.
Just read this...
"Boris Johnson should do the decent thing and resign."
Won't hold me breath as I'm fairly sure "Do The decent thing" is not in his vocabulary.
i like boris. the dishevelled just got out of bed groggy and fully dressed thing is just a red herring. shit, ive done it myself.
most people fall for it. dont be fooled, you do not get to be mayor of london and prime minister by falling over your balls.
no numbnuts is boris, he is a political animal of rare hue, but still an animal.
one has to look at what he is trying to obfuscate when he does seemingly self destructive shit.
something else is afoot.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Well - he's a politician so it wouldn't be surprising if he's trying to keep the media - & us occupied - well away from whatever it is.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Might be the virus. And the death toll.

Unless of course he too had it off with Virginia.
Wouldn't surprise many of us, I think.
This sums things up perfectly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have heard of Bring Your Own Device but had no idea working at Number 10 was Bring Your Own Booze.
Maybe he can change his name to EmBorisment.
There is a type among the Brits, the rumpled, ever grinning, upper class, lovable youngster one step from trouble. He gets forgiven repeatedly, only to teeter on the edge yet again in a kind of ridiculous balancing act - silly boy, but he means no harm kind of thing.

I think Boris is a very intelligent and cunning politician underneath that cultivated persona, and quite dangerous with it.
(23-01-2022, 09:14 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: There is a type among the Brits, the rumpled, ever grinning, upper class, lovable youngster one step from trouble. He gets forgiven repeatedly, only to teeter on the edge yet again in a kind of ridiculous balancing act - silly boy, but he means no harm kind of thing.

I think Boris is a very intelligent and cunning politician underneath that cultivated persona, and quite dangerous with it.
He may have just gone a step too far this time though; we'll see what happens. Rolleyes Big Grin
His name always reminds me of that old song Boris the spider... Rolleyes
(23-01-2022, 09:14 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: There is a type among the Brits, the rumpled, ever grinning, upper class, lovable youngster one step from trouble. He gets forgiven repeatedly, only to teeter on the edge yet again in a kind of ridiculous balancing act - silly boy, but he means no harm kind of thing.

youve got it. hes cast himself as a type. affable, agreeable, harmless. a bit buffoonish. 
winston got blind drunk every night on dom perignon during the war, and they love him.
to have navigated brexit and covid and come out still swinging is nothing short of political genius.
to party up at the same time shows...well...um...stamina.

i dont know how to do a video grab
but if you go to 14 secs in his ad, makes me think of boris.

I think we need to give him some slack, OK he got caught out, but i bet most politicians have done it behind closed doors.
Yeah, but Boris has been caught out previously on a couple of things, & his 'I didn't know it was a party' just won't wash.
How did all of this even come out?
I remember some months ago some of their MPs got caught out breaking lockdown rules, but with Borris this appeared to have happened some months back didnt it?
(23-01-2022, 05:42 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: How did all of this even come out?
I remember some months ago some of their MPs got caught out breaking lockdown rules, but with Borris this appeared to have happened some months back didnt it?
it was thru christmas i thought. bit of a knees up. entertaining would be a large part of the job i thought.