Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browser issues
Over the last hour I have stopped being able to access websites using Firefox and am now doing so using Edge but it is very slow to load up content. Email (Thunderbird) working fine though maybe a bit slow.

Have done a full scan using ESET and it was unable to open 4 files in various places on my computer but no nasties detected. Also did a Malwarebytes scan which found nothing.

I did notice MS did an update overnight last night so suspicious about downstream effects of that...

Is anybody else having similar issues?
I had an issue about an hour ago when Firefox stopped working. Switched to Chromium and that worked full speed. Firefox is working now full speed.

Not a MS issue as I'm booted into Linux at the moment.
It happened to me too, about the same time and a while after Firefox had updated to v96. It was after I exited full screen so I wondered if it was because of changes they made in that area. Seems OK now but too early for me to be watching movies so will see later on.
I'm rocking version 95.0.1 so can't be a v96 thing.
My browser updated to v96 this morning, still working.
Update I attempted to update Firefox on Friday which succeeded in the process going into a loop. In the meantime I had deleted cache, defragged, and did restart on both laptop and modem. It went to the shop on Friday afternoon and had them baffled at the time.

Got a call this morning that on start up today all was functioning as expected. Firefox reloaded and still good so collected it and have been reinstating bookmarks, passwords, etc this morning. No charge from the guys at Janko Computers *thumbs up*.

Guess my 'puter just wanted a weekend off Wink