Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vive Cosmos VR Headset
Anyone here have any experience with the Vive Cosmos VR unit?

My Grandson got one for Xmas from his parents and we've had no end of trouble getting it to work.

The main issue seems to be the Vive Setup Desktop application and internet searches indicate this is a very common problem.

The PC is up to the task and is an absolutely clean new install of Win 10, latest version.  No other SW has been installed, AV & FW temporarily disabled as a precaution.

So all the obvious expected steps have been done but no joy.

Really looking for someone with experience of this particular device that might have more experience.

I'm completely new to the world of VR, and there is plenty I have to learn such as "Steam" etc and far better to get the benefit of someone familiar with it.

Thanks in advance

Cookee
never seen one before, but are there any error messages? they can often give clues to what's going wrong
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(15-01-2022, 10:04 AM)king1 Wrote: never seen one before, but are there any error messages? they can often give clues to what's going wrong
No errors, the installer just stops after a minute and goes no further.

I'm really trying to find out if I even need this "VivePort Desktop" app.  Some other references say I don't and that only Steam is required.

Going to need someone who's into VR and hopefully Vive specifically

Tnx