Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our freedoms are being taken away...
(23-01-2022, 12:56 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(22-01-2022, 01:38 PM)SueDonim Wrote: Most of the unemployment caused by vax status are people who have proven by their vax attitude that they are incapable of reading critically and understanding evidence. In the health professions you would have to question their competence to do their job. In the teaching professions they have proven that they are incompetent - it's what they are supposed to be teaching their students. The re-shuffling needed to cope with these losses is not great at this time, but ultimately the sooner those people move to more suitable careers the better.

The damage to society comes with hundreds/thousands of people being ill. During the lockdowns, essential services kept going for the benefit of us all. If everyone is ill, no matter how mild the illness, these essential services won't be able to stay open. If the supermarket has no staff, they will have to close. If the truck drivers are all isolating at home, no goods will be delivered and so on.

Your friend who lost her home did so because her flatmate was too stupid to get vaxxed.

Labour is far from perfect, but has tried hard to keep us safe from the virus and also keep the economy rolling. Some people have suffered but most are OK. Couriers are busy with people buying stuff. New car sales are high. People are eating out and buying takeaways. Our death rate from the virus has been one of the lowest in the world because our hospitals have been able to keep operating as normal. We're doing pretty well considering.
And how is that my friends fault?
Ive met many people who are very academic who have not had the vaccine, quite a few to my surprise, sometimes i question whether we have actually even hit 90% with the amount of people ive bumped into who are not vaxxed.

I agree we have done well keeping covid out in the initial outbreak, but with delta it proved a waste of time, was so funny how they started rolling out the vaccine last min once we had that outbreak, they should have done the rollout earlier.

All those adverts on the TV saying how much freedom we would get with the vaccine, depicting no one wearing masks, rubbing noses together, has everybody forgotten?

The whole irony here is that now Australia is crying out for nurses since they had to kick the unvaxxed nurses out of their job and now they want them back when it suits them.
How hypocritical!

The good news is that these mandates are not going to last much longer, was just watching on the news that Grant Robertson said that we cant afford to buy any more vaccines for a 4th booster, which is good as it would be a waste of money anyway, since this vaccine doesnt protect you against omicron anyway.
We will be probably the best part of 6 months before this updated booster is ready and by then omicron will be well behind us.

"Ive met many people who are very academic who have not had the vaccine, quite a few to my surprise, sometimes i question whether we have actually even hit 90% with the amount of people ive bumped into who are not vaxxed."

If you continue to swim in the same tiny pool, then you're unlikely to meet anyone with a differing opinion. Rolleyes

Look around the world - we're not perfect but in comparison, we're not doing so very badly.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our freedoms are being taken away... - by Lilith7 - 23-01-2022, 02:23 PM