Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our freedoms are being taken away...
Yeah make a point of this rule:

NO one gets in this house UnVaxed.
NO-ONE.

Not friends, not rellies, not tradies, not fuckin Santa Claus !

And if you're considering a Tradie for some reason - check first !
There'll be a few fools who will prefer UNvaccinated tradies - but that wont last. Not when Omicron gets going. Anyway those who welcome the Unvaxed will be taking a big chance on getting a nice Darwin Award in their future. Doh.
i would have told the place when i booked the tradesman, do not send me an unvaccinated employee. i will be requiring to see the vax pass.
if you showed up on my doorstep and told me your medical history was private i'd be forced to physically remove you from the property, then id have to come down and have a wee chinwag with the chap i made the booking with to gently enquire what part of un fucking vaccinated is that arrogant dick smoking arsehole you sent to my house?
we would see what evolved or devolved after that, im less scared of the outcome of that than i am of covid.

the antivax and unvaxxed by choice need to understand the depth of feeling out here.
even the mild mannered are getting pissed off with you, so you can imagine what over-bearing, short-fused, aggressive uncompromising bullying pricks like me are feeling.

the vaccine is the least of your worries bitches.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I'm amazed that CT's customers didn't check first before being sent an unvaccinated arse to invade their household. Or is she/he making this up out of bravado?

I'm hoping that now Red is underway innocent but unwary customers of any business will be more active (or confident) checking other people's vax status. I know some older people who are a bit vague about vax requirements and who are also not used to asserting themselves, particularly against unpleasant and aggressive men. They are the ones I worry about the most.
Magoo, you talk a big tough game on here which makes me think you're probably a rather timid insecure person in real-life, so I very much doubt that the vaccine would be "the least of [my] worries", should I ever have the pleasure of meeting you. No doubt, you'll come back with a fiery reply full of keyboard-warrior bravado, however anyone can do that from the safety of their computer.

As for all of you acting like vaccinated = safe / unvaccinated = deadly, have you considered the fact that the Omicron outbreak has so far only involved double or triple vaxxed individuals using vaccine passes? Maybe the vaccine reduces your ability to pass on the virus to others (international evidence would suggest that any reduction only lasts for a month at best) however it obviously is far from fail-safe. So, if you're so petrified of catching the virus from the "dirty filthy unvaxxed" tradie, you should also be pretty scared of catching it from a vaxxed tradie. Perhaps you should just lock yourself in your home and let no-one come in or out...
Good heavens! None of us think we're safe just because we're jabbed. That is why we are so wary of the unjabbed, the non compliant, and the idiots who go around trying to convince others there is no problem.

There is a problem. It is real. Which is why deniers are such a worry...

If only they would lock themselves away, we'd all be happier.
I think you misunderstood me: I'm saying you all seem to think it is safe for you to interact with vaccinated people and deadly to interact with someone that is unvaccinated. I'm countering that with the fact that the evidence shows rather little difference between your risk of catching covid from an unvaccinated person compared to catching it from a vaccinated person. If you're so damn scared of catching Covid, you are not safe even letting vaccinated tradies/friends/family into your home. If all the dirty disease laden unvaxxed idiots locked themselves away, your risk of catching Covid wouldn't materially change.
(25-01-2022, 12:03 PM)dken31 Wrote: Magoo, you talk a big tough game on here which makes me think you're probably a rather timid insecure person in real-life, so I very much doubt that the vaccine would be "the least of [my] worries", should I ever have the pleasure of meeting you.  No doubt, you'll come back with a fiery reply full of keyboard-warrior bravado, however anyone can do that from the safety of their computer.

As for all of you acting like vaccinated = safe / unvaccinated = deadly, have you considered the fact that the Omicron outbreak has so far only involved double or triple vaxxed individuals using vaccine passes?  Maybe the vaccine reduces your ability to pass on the virus to others (international evidence would suggest that any reduction only lasts for a month at best) however it obviously is far from fail-safe.  So, if you're so petrified of catching the virus from the "dirty filthy unvaxxed" tradie, you should also be pretty scared of catching it from a vaxxed tradie.  Perhaps you should just lock yourself in your home and let no-one come in or out...
Why don't you just go making a lot of silly assumptions. 
Oh you already did.
There is definitely evidence that the vaccine reduces the chance of you being hospitalised due to Covid. So, if you're worried about the risk of being hospitalised, then it makes sense to get vaccinated.

There is very little, if any, evidence that the vaccine reduces your ability to transmit the virus to others (this wasn't something that Pfizer measured in their trials) so the "lock away the unvaxxed" ideology is based on hysteria rather than being in any way evidence based.
(25-01-2022, 12:24 PM)dken31 Wrote: I think you misunderstood me: I'm saying you all seem to think it is safe for you to interact with vaccinated people and deadly to interact with someone that is unvaccinated.  I'm countering that with the fact that the evidence shows rather little difference between your risk of catching covid from an unvaccinated person compared to catching it from a vaccinated person.  If you're so damn scared of catching Covid, you are not safe even letting vaccinated tradies/friends/family into your home.  If all the dirty disease laden unvaxxed idiots locked themselves away, your risk of catching Covid wouldn't materially change.
I'm nor damned scared. I am realistic. I am one of the vulnerable. I cannot afford to get covid. 

So I am wary. I don't 'interact' with anyone, unless they are fully vaxed and observing all the recommendations. Including social distancing.

If those idiots in the serious minority did lock themselves away, infection rates would slow. If all of us were wary and determinedly compliant, infection rates would slow. But those are big 'if's that the vulnerable cannot rely on. So we're doing it for ourselves.
And, if you wanted to help rather than hinder, you'd be advocating for everyone to do the same.
Not stirring it up on a message board.
If you're one of the vulnerable, then I agree with your caution. But, while you're sensibly shutting yourself away from everyone (as much as possible), it is actually in your best interest if the rest of us (those of us that aren't particularly vulnerable to Covid, especially not to Omicron) "let it rip". That way, we come out the other side sooner, and you can more safely re-emerge. As it is, the current heavy restrictions keep things on a slow burn, and you'll potentially have to shut yourself off for years.

And, there is no evidence that infection rates would slow if the unvaxed shut themselves away. The vaccine provides protection against hospitalisation; there is little to no evidence it decreases infection rates.
(25-01-2022, 12:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 12:24 PM)dken31 Wrote: I think you misunderstood me: I'm saying you all seem to think it is safe for you to interact with vaccinated people and deadly to interact with someone that is unvaccinated.  I'm countering that with the fact that the evidence shows rather little difference between your risk of catching covid from an unvaccinated person compared to catching it from a vaccinated person.  If you're so damn scared of catching Covid, you are not safe even letting vaccinated tradies/friends/family into your home.  If all the dirty disease laden unvaxxed idiots locked themselves away, your risk of catching Covid wouldn't materially change.
I'm nor damned scared. I am realistic. I am one of the vulnerable. I cannot afford to get covid. 

So I am wary. I don't 'interact' with anyone, unless they are fully vaxed and observing all the recommendations. Including social distancing.

If those idiots in the serious minority did lock themselves away, infection rates would slow. If all of us were wary and determinedly compliant, infection rates would slow. But those are big 'if's that the vulnerable cannot rely on. So we're doing it for ourselves.
And, if you wanted to help rather than hinder, you'd be advocating for everyone to do the same.
Not stirring it up on a message board.
Your approach to this is far from unusual. The reports of businesses who are experiencing a reduction in walk-in patrons/customers would seem to indicate that many are self isolating to some degree.

We were planning a trip to visit friends in Auckland and further north at Waitangi weekend but this very much doubtful in light of what's eventuated in the past week. Not only are we hesitant to venture into foreign territory and through 'the big city' but we are also aware that our hosts on that trip may not be as welcoming of out of province visitors as would normally be the case.
(25-01-2022, 12:29 PM)dken31 Wrote: There is definitely evidence that the vaccine reduces the chance of you being hospitalised due to Covid.  So, if you're worried about the risk of being hospitalised, then it makes sense to get vaccinated. 

There is very little, if any, evidence that the vaccine reduces your ability to transmit the virus to others (this wasn't something that Pfizer measured in their trials) so the "lock away the unvaxxed" ideology is based on hysteria rather than being in any way evidence based.
for me personally the problem with unvaxxed is more so how the choosing to be unvaxxed is representative of the individuals decision making process, in light of the overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary.  This makes one question what else they may be denying/ignoring...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(25-01-2022, 12:40 PM)dken31 Wrote: If you're one of the vulnerable, then I agree with your caution.  But, while you're sensibly shutting yourself away from everyone (as much as possible), it is actually in your best interest if the rest of us (those of us that aren't particularly vulnerable to Covid, especially not to Omicron) "let it rip".  That way, we come out the other side sooner, and you can more safely re-emerge.  As it is, the current heavy restrictions keep things on a slow burn, and you'll potentially have to shut yourself off for years.

And, there is no evidence that infection rates would slow if the unvaxed shut themselves away.  The vaccine provides protection against hospitalisation; there is little to no evidence it decreases infection rates.
I found this document from here
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/dise...protection

.pdf   science_updates_7_may_2021.pdf (Size: 256.24 KB / Downloads: 1)

Which would suggest there is evidence it decreases infection rates...

Perhaps you could also provide some scientific evidence to back up the "let it rip" ideology...  or is this just a personal opinion on your part
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
i dont dislike the unvaxxed as much as i hate the antivaxxers
so you dont want the vax, thats fine, alright with me, your body etc. but follow the rules, stay isolated from the rest of us and we will have no problem.
but when you come out onto the internet telling others they are 'cowering', posting bullshit rumours and unsubstantiated misinformation and scare tactics, laughing about fake passports and mask exemption, thats when i get pissed off.
its bad enough some are too stupid not to vax, but why would they encourage others not to do it as well? i realise it must be lonely being so pigshit thick, and no one wanting anything to do with them, but to seek solace by converting others into their miserable dystopian mittyesque existence is criminnal.
(25-01-2022, 12:49 PM)king1 Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 12:29 PM)dken31 Wrote: There is definitely evidence that the vaccine reduces the chance of you being hospitalised due to Covid.  So, if you're worried about the risk of being hospitalised, then it makes sense to get vaccinated. 

for me personally the problem with unvaxxed is more so how the choosing to be unvaxxed is representative of the individuals decision making process, in light of the overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary.  This makes one question what else they may be denying/ignoring...
Absolutely.   And the small minority of the population who choose to remain unvaxxed need to bear the consequences of that decision, including being shunned by by others and being unable to attend most social gatherings.   By remaining unvaxxed they are identifying themselves as selfish and uncaring about their community.
(25-01-2022, 12:40 PM)dken31 Wrote: If you're one of the vulnerable, then I agree with your caution.  But, while you're sensibly shutting yourself away from everyone (as much as possible), it is actually in your best interest if the rest of us (those of us that aren't particularly vulnerable to Covid, especially not to Omicron) "let it rip".  That way, we come out the other side sooner, and you can more safely re-emerge.  As it is, the current heavy restrictions keep things on a slow burn, and you'll potentially have to shut yourself off for years.

And, there is no evidence that infection rates would slow if the unvaxed shut themselves away.  The vaccine provides protection against hospitalisation; there is little to no evidence it decreases infection rates.
luckily for us then that you arent in charge.
you would have 'let it rip' like donald trump did?
get to the other side sooner? are you in a hurry? i dont mind if it takes some time, if it keeps us safe.
do we find out who is vulnerable by trial and error.? let it loose and see who drops?
seems kind of a waste after working so hard to deliver a solution to safely and calmly prepare ourselves for whats to come. somehow accelerating it seems counter intuitive.
there might not be evidence to suggest it decreases infection rates, but there is irrefutable medical evidence to show it decreases the severity when it occurs, and greatly reduces the virility of the virus that may be transmitted between individuals.
The chances of becoming seriously ill with covid are greater for those who are unvaccinated; those who've been vaccinated aren't so likely to become seriously ill if they get it.
It makes good sense to be vaccinated, unless there are medical reasons for not getting the vaccination.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/452283/...pass-it-on

"A recent study of more than 44,000 people in Los Angeles found unvaccinated people were 29 times more likely than vaccinated people to end up hospitalised from Covid-19.

The rate of hospitalisation among vaccinated people was 1 per 100,000 people."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)