Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterlife on Netflix - anyone watching?
Series 3 started late on Friday and I've seen 3 episodes.
I've been waiting a long time for series 3 but so far am very disappointed.

As usual, I think they should have finished after series 2. So many seriesĀ go on for too long and this is another.
I loved the first series and the second also had some good moments (and bad ones).
I can't get into series 3 at all - just seemed to be back to the same issues which I thought he was getting over in series 2.
And the filthy stuff I hate - why does he have to resort to that, he's a better writer than that.
Testing things out to see what he can get away with? Stupid, and doesn't move comedy on at all.

Probably will watch to the end to see how he finishes it, but thank god there will be no series 4.
Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten that season 3 was starting. I'm ambivalent about Ricky Gervais: he can be very funny, but mostly he seems so pleased with himself that the wit gets overwhelmed by the smugness.
I gave up halfway through Ep 3 too because I just became repulsed by the ugliness.

Pity. I won't be going back, despite really liking the humanity of previous seasons.
(16-01-2022, 07:53 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I gave up halfway through Ep 3 too because I just became repulsed by the ugliness.

Pity. I won't be going back, despite really liking the humanity of previous seasons.

Exactly. Are there really people who enjoy watching that awful stuff?
I can't imagine who they are and how their minds work - but then I say the same about murderers and paedophiles.

Nobody I know, that's for sure.
It wasn't just the sex talk it was the people doing it. And the thread of 'ugly' through the first espisodes, the fake boyfriend humiliation, the hoarding, the mother in the bathroom, the extra male on the graveyard bench...

Just cruelties and hints of cruelties. I don't have any room left in my days for that stuff.