Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T V Licences'
Guess most would remember paying or avoiding the payment of said fees in the past.

Know we got dragged into the "system" when we purchased a new T V & the retailer notified said authorities, nek minnit a bill for licence in letter box

Reason for posting just read this  Rolleyes

BBC licence fee to be frozen at £159 for two years, government confirms - BBC News
At least the BBC has decent programs to watch. I wouldn't object to paying them for streaming, same as I pay Netflix, Neon etc.

There's no way I'd pay for NZ Freeview as it presently stands.
Freeview is a dead duck anyway. Free to air on the other hand is excellent for sports, reality tv, and some very strange docos for fans of the weird...
Bought our first TV only a few years ago, otherwise I got other peoples cast offs, used them until they didn't go anymore, and had no TV until the next donation. So didn't see why I should pay a license for a temporary appliance. Don't watch TV on my latest free TV...but did stream a couple of programs from TVNZ On Demand tonight. Not interested in the whole TV experience - I like to watch what I want, when I want...for free.

I did subscribe to Curiosity Stream - $21 for a year of unlimited docos was hard to turn down.
Legally they cant even force you to pay for that BBC licence in the UK, unless they can prove without reasonable doubt you watch BBC!
'20 movie Emperor set just prior to the American Civil war, based on Shields Green exploits. Veteran actor Bruce Derns also stars in it. Watched early scenec this afternoon, will finish it later tonight.
fred dagg did some tv license ads
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye