Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we at Orange?
The government made much ado about the traffic light system and its introduction yet the breakdown of each light suggest that we should be at green.

Also the announcement this week of the Omicron "plan" due to be released if 1 or 2 weeks time seems to suggest there is no plan as such.  If there was why wouldn't you release it now?  Why the wait?
Just have a little patience...

We are getting RATS. That's a good thing...
(21-01-2022, 07:54 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Just have a little patience...

We are getting RATS. That's a good thing...
Why announce "we have a plan" then refuse to detail that plan?  
Getting RATS indeed - the kind that lurk in the beehive
because they are probably well aware that there is a certain class of individual that is going to pick through the plan with a fine tooth comb and 'critique' every perceived failing - so I imagine they feel that they need it to be just right before release...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Sounds like an echo of national party talking points, here.
I do have other cameras!
(21-01-2022, 08:06 PM)king1 Wrote: because they are probably well aware that there is a certain class of individual that is going to pick through the plan with a fine tooth comb and 'critique' every perceived failing - so I imagine they feel that they need it to be just right before release...
That will happen regardless now they are being criticised because they have released it.

(21-01-2022, 08:16 PM)Praktica Wrote: Sounds like an echo of national party talking points, here.
Wow great insight right here -how about you actually contribute something worthwhile?
Quiet evening over there then?
(21-01-2022, 08:35 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(21-01-2022, 08:06 PM)king1 Wrote: because they are probably well aware that there is a certain class of individual that is going to pick through the plan with a fine tooth comb and 'critique' every perceived failing - so I imagine they feel that they need it to be just right before release...
That will happen regardless now they are being criticised because they have released it.

(21-01-2022, 08:16 PM)Praktica Wrote: Sounds like an echo of national party talking points, here.
Wow great insight right here -how about you actually contribute something worthwhile?
I have - now we know where your ideas come from, we can treat them as they deserve.
I do have other cameras!
i think we.re in orange because of the pandemic
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(21-01-2022, 09:36 PM)Magoo Wrote: i think we.re in orange because of the pandemic
Another brilliant contribution.

Read the breakdown of each of the lights.  The explosion of cases never occured when the Auckland border opened.  The present situation fits green not orange.

(21-01-2022, 08:58 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(21-01-2022, 08:35 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: That will happen regardless now they are being criticised because they have released it.

I have - now we know where your ideas come from, we can treat them as they deserve.
Still nothing to contribute then?
What an unpleasant individual you are, wainuiguy. Are they all like you, over at that other place?
I do have other cameras!
I think they are our pigeons, these occasional visitors. They fly in, perch briefly, squirt, and depart.

Rock rats, one of my American friends calls them.
(22-01-2022, 08:22 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think they are our pigeons, these occasional visitors. They fly in, perch briefly, squirt, and depart.

Rock rats, one of my American friends calls them.
Perhaps we need someone with a powerful airgun?
I do have other cameras!
(21-01-2022, 07:45 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: The government made much ado about the traffic light system and its introduction yet the breakdown of each light suggest that we should be at green.

Yeah, nah.

Green is sporadic imported cases and limited community transmission. Neither of which is the case at the moment, so Orange is the place to be.

Not sure how life will be that much different under Green given how lax most businesses have been of late, but at least it's something for certain people to moan about.
The colour system was set before Omicron came along. Now it's knocking at the door and we need to hold it back for as long as possible. While people still want to gather in groups, we need to keep control and orange is perfectly reasonable at the moment. It was interesting to see the news item about the streets of one of the Australian cities being empty even though there is no lockdown order. The people have got it figured out - stay home and keep safe. If only our antis could understand that the rules are just to maintain consistency and guide those that can't figure it out for themselves, as well as providing a legal basis to enable people to do it.
life seems normal enough, i havent really paid of a lot of attention to the colour scheme.
whats all the fuss about?
(22-01-2022, 08:02 AM)Praktica Wrote: What an unpleasant individual you are, wainuiguy. Are they all like you, over at that other place?

He ("guy" = assumption) comes over as the sort of man whose favourite social gatherings are barbecues that culminate in a neighbour's car being set on fire.
Autumn comes
(22-01-2022, 02:55 PM)an amniote Wrote:
(22-01-2022, 08:02 AM)Praktica Wrote: What an unpleasant individual you are, wainuiguy. Are they all like you, over at that other place?

He ("guy" = assumption) comes over as the sort of man whose favourite social gatherings are barbecues that culminate in a neighbour's car being set on fire.
that sounds awesome.
STILL waiting for you to contribute something to this topic.

(22-01-2022, 01:29 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote:
(21-01-2022, 07:45 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: The government made much ado about the traffic light system and its introduction yet the breakdown of each light suggest that we should be at green.

Yeah, nah.

Green is sporadic imported cases and limited community transmission. Neither of which is the case at the moment, so Orange is the place to be.

Not sure how life will be that much different under Green given how lax most businesses have been of late, but at least it's something for certain people to moan about.
Completely wrong.  You may want to actually check the different levels.

(22-01-2022, 02:55 PM)an amniote Wrote:

[Removed: Rule 2A, Rule 8]
(22-01-2022, 04:56 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(22-01-2022, 01:29 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Yeah, nah.

Completely wrong.  You may want to actually check the different levels.
Perhaps you could clarify using the traffic light requirements why you feel that green is the appropriate level we should be on, as against the current orange.

Based on the information here, I can't see how @yousnoozeyoulose is 'completely wrong'
https://covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup