Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fully vaxxed surpass unvaxxed in hospital in Australia
This just came through in my news feed.
68.9% fully vaxxed in hospital in Australia.

I guess theres no surprises there with omicron,  although not sure what percentage of the cases are delta vs omicron.

and a fact check - half true apparently
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/20...-covid-19/
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
You'd think C T would fact check first rather than face the embarrassment of us rubbing his nose in it.
thats statistics for ya.
think about ct.
vaqxxed outnumber unvaxxed by 10 to 1.
1000 vaxxed people. 30 in hospital. 3%
100 unvaxxed people, 29 in hospital, 30%

no one said being vaxxed was a golden pass, no one expects that.
its happening exactly as we were told it would.
no surprise, no secret, no cause for alarm.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
maybe all the unvaxxed are too embarrassed to show up at hospital, taking their chances at home perhaps

i got a salvo for suggesting covid patients be kept out of hospitals, what with them being full of vulnerable sick people. but i never considered the added danger to staff and how that will impact the system.

nb im not saying they should b denied healthcare. they should seek and get it elsewhere.
a transfer station, a smelly gym, the farmers carpark. pahiatua, somewhere else
Pahiatua is quite a nice place. Good mushroom picking next to the cheese factory.

If it is still there.
(23-01-2022, 01:48 PM)king1 Wrote: and a fact check - half true apparently
Seems they are saying that it leaves out data around boosters. "fully vaxxed" typically means first two shots and then now with boosters introduced implys your booster is up to date to remain "fully vaxxed" Either way, its hard to tell what effect it would have had.
Also something to consider is that since a great deal of the population is vaxxed, it can only be expected that the number of vaxxed patents will rise too.
(23-01-2022, 01:55 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You'd think C T would fact check first rather than face the embarrassment of us rubbing his nose in it.
So you are telling us we should fact check everything the media tells us then? Makes sense!
I guess this works both ways, for and against?
(23-01-2022, 06:36 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 01:55 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You'd think C T would fact check first rather than face the embarrassment of us rubbing his nose in it.
So you are telling us we should fact check everything the media tells us then? Makes sense!
No - she's saying you should check what you post, so you won't continue to make a fool of yourself.
I do have other cameras!
The other things that stands out is it was released by a relatively minor far-right media company, Epoch Times

Seems they are saying that it leaves out data around boosters. "fully vaxxed" typically means first two shots and then now with boosters introduced implys your booster is up to date to remain "fully vaxxed" Either way, its hard to tell what effect it would have had.
Also something to consider is that since a great deal of the population is vaxxed, it can only be expected that the number of vaxxed patents will rise too.
no, i dont feel the need to question or check anything. i believe what i am told by dr bloomfield and co.
i dont believe one word of anything other than that of a qualified health professional. what fool does that?
if it aint from there it simply isnt fact, end of.
It does. One way to do that is to develop a preference for sources that can be relied upon to have done the fact checking before publishing.
Even then, it is easy to get lazy and cherry pick the information that says what we want it to say, rather than the version that is actually the truth.

Especially in these days when algorithms are deciding what we want on our behalf, based on our histories. We forget we do not read with our eyes, but with our minds. And sometimes we need a crowbar to get that beast to stay open...
(23-01-2022, 01:40 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: This just came through in my news feed.
68.9% fully vaxxed in hospital in Australia.

I guess theres no surprises there with omicron,  although not sure what percentage of the cases are delta vs omicron.

ummm maybe do the maths ?

When all the people are vaccinated then there's going to be 100% of hospitalisations due to Covid will be Vaxed people.  The Vaxed numbers are getting high.  

Why isnt' this obvious to you ?  And no, the Vax isn't a silver bullet .
lets not let silly mathematics get in the way of perfectly good antivax propaganda.
mathematics is provable and self evident, this eludes the addled antivax brain collective.
It is simple arithmetic but the anti-vaxxers are trying to bamboozle people. Here's a simplified example which might help. The numbers are hypothetical.:

If 50 people are vaxxed and 50 people are unvaxxed and the vaccination has no effect on hospitalisation rates then you would expect the numbers in hospital to be 50/50 respectively.

If 80 people are vaxxed and 20 people are unvaxxed and the vaccine has no effect you would expect the numbers in hospital to be 80/20 respectively.

If 80 people are vaxxed and 20 people are unvaxxed and the numbers are 68/32 then there are 12 fewer vaxxed people in hospital than there would be if the vaccine had no effect.
He's improving though - half true isn't as bad as not even slightly true. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)