Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you reckon?
Michael Baker is scaremongering!

Professor Michael Baker is warning that every New Zealander will either get Omicron or know someone who gets it.

The Otago University epidemiologist told Newshub Kiwis have been "very removed from this threat" and he expected to see "tens of thousands of cases" over the next three or four months.
"We will see tens of thousands of cases and unfortunately several hundred deaths in the next three or four months.

I have no faith in these so called experts, they haven't been right once.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(24-01-2022, 01:38 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Michael Baker is scaremongering!

Professor Michael Baker is warning that every New Zealander will either get Omicron or know someone who gets it.

The Otago University epidemiologist told Newshub Kiwis have been "very removed from this threat" and he expected to see "tens of thousands of cases" over the next three or four months.
"We will see tens of thousands of cases and unfortunately several hundred deaths in the next three or four months.

I have no faith in these so called experts, they haven't been right once.
they only have to be right once oldfellah
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I will be quite happy if he is wrong at the end of the day... but you need people who call it as they see it, rather than simple yes men/woman
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
How is Baker a so-called expert? If it wasn't for him, and others like him, we would have had hundreds of deaths in 2020...
I do have other cameras!
he's not alone either
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/4600...n-modeller
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Modelling sets up scenarios based on given factors. They are only predictions if those factors come about. Modelling is about consequences, and how to avoid them.
Forewarned is forearmed - at least to some extent.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Professor of Public Health Michael Baker is not a "so called" expert, he is an actual expert. If you can't tell the difference maybe you should keep quiet about his field of expertise.
(24-01-2022, 08:09 PM)Olive Wrote: Professor  of Public Health Michael Baker is not a "so called" expert, he is an actual expert.  If you can't tell the difference maybe you should keep quiet about his field of expertise.
Olive I do wish you would shut up , you are now on my ignore list, you have no sense of humour , you carry on as though you are up yourself, perhaps the folks on the other message board may welcome you with open arms so why not go there .. bye bye.
(24-01-2022, 08:47 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(24-01-2022, 08:09 PM)Olive Wrote: Professor  of Public Health Michael Baker is not a "so called" expert, he is an actual expert.  If you can't tell the difference maybe you should keep quiet about his field of expertise.
Olive I do wish you would shut up , you are now on my ignore list, you have no sense of humour , you carry on as though you are up yourself, perhaps the folks on the other message board may welcome you with open arms so why not go there .. bye bye.

Bless!
lol olive
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
No, don't be dissing Olive. I like her, we're keeping her.
(25-01-2022, 10:51 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No, don't be dissing Olive. I like her, we're keeping her.
Yep, me too, she's a permanent fixture.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Professorships are quite hard to come by in this country. They have to have at least one PhD, and have been published on a significant level. So yes, he is an expert in his field.

And maybe it is in the job description of experts to tell the rest of us things we don't want to hear.

(25-01-2022, 10:52 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 10:51 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No, don't be dissing Olive. I like her, we're keeping her.
I quite like oldfellah too, but don't you go telling him.
(25-01-2022, 10:53 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
Professorships are quite hard to come by in this country. They have to have at least one PhD, and have been published on a significant level. So yes, he is an expert in his field.

And maybe it is in the job description of experts to tell the rest of us things we don't want to hear.

(25-01-2022, 10:52 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Yep, me too, she's a permanent fixture.
I quite like oldfellah too, but don't you go telling him.
Indeed - there's a danger of swollen head syndrome... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
(25-01-2022, 10:52 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 10:51 AM):Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No, don't be dissing Olive. I like her, we're keeping her.
Cheers dears. Big Grin
Looking forward to the cheque Olive...
(25-01-2022, 12:05 PM):Oh_hunnihunnI Wrote: Looking forward to the cheque Olive...
Cool
The thing is that when I say He/She is a so called expert or so called politician or so called whatever, people have to get off their high horse and realise that its only a figure of speech for gods sake, some people need to get a life! There are a lot on here that use figure of speech in their language and I dont have a go at them, or perhaps I should  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
To me, "so called expert" suggests that the person labelled as such is ignorant.
I do have other cameras!