Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
supply chain faltering
Anyone noticed missing items (apart from brown sugar/flour) on the supermarket shelves?
i cannot get my favourite salad dressing, Newmans Caesar vinaigrette, been gone for weeks.
No sparkling mineral water now for a couple of weeks.  my fave toothpaste (Sparkly Grape Gel for Kids) is mia as well.
shelves sans Smooth American Style peanut butter
Second week of no Noble cheese at New World.
had i known i would have started hoarding.

its a first world problem i know, but a problem nonetheless.
dry salad is virtually unpalatable. the bubbles in Soda Water are too big, not the same as mineral water.
there is no substitute for ones favourite peanut butter, its that or nothing.

im against it.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
You poor boy.
Be adventurous, try something new, you may like it!
A smile is more contagious than a virus. Smile
(27-01-2022, 08:42 AM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: You poor boy.
Be adventurous, try something new, you may like it!
its taken a lifetime to narrow it all down, and now im forced to take second best?
i prefer to experiment at my own pace, not because we cant find a truck driver.
what could be newer than sparkly grape hubba bubba toothpaste?
its a cutting edge product and pretty damned adventurous, have you tried it?.
peanut butter is immutable. mines got extra salt and extra sugar whats not to like about that?

dont be flippant with my needs
(27-01-2022, 08:36 AM)Magoo Wrote: Anyone noticed missing items (apart from brown sugar/flour) on the supermarket shelves?
i cannot get my favourite salad dressing, Newmans Caesar vinaigrette, been gone for weeks.
No sparkling mineral water now for a couple of weeks.  my fave toothpaste (Sparkly Grape Gel for Kids) is mia as well.

dry salad is virtually unpalatable. the bubbles in Soda Water are too big, not the same as mineral water.

im against it.
Make your own vinaigrette.  Do you want a recipe for it?
the bubbles in soda water are too big.
the sparkling mineral water is more genteel.
it makes a difference.
if they dont have strawberry milkshake at mcdonalds to you get chocolate or lime? of course not.
you dont want 'whats left', its a strawberry milkshake or its thirst.

(27-01-2022, 09:02 AM)Olive Wrote:
(27-01-2022, 08:36 AM)Magoo Wrote: Anyone noticed missing items (apart from brown sugar/flour) on the supermarket shelves?

im against it.
Make your own vinaigrette.  Do you want a recipe for it?
i make my own Ceasar dressing, but i like that vinaigrette. its got xanthan gum and other weird preservatives and chemicals in it that are hard to reproduce in the home kitchen.

interesting fact i once worked at a Spanish restaurant in Palo Alto that did tableside cooking.
some nights id have to make upwards of twenty ceasars, it was a true pain in the arse.
Caesar
Honey and lemon juice...

But yes. This weeks cat food supply may have Herself giving me filthy looks when we get to it. I'm not hoarding, but I have learned through covid experience to buy cat food everytime I am near a supermarket. Just in case. It can be rarer than toilet paper.
(27-01-2022, 09:28 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Honey and lemon juice...

But yes. This weeks cat food supply may have Herself giving me filthy looks when we get to it. I'm not hoarding, but I have learned through covid experience to buy cat food everytime I am near a supermarket. Just in case. It can be rarer than toilet paper.
Indeed.  Our cat will only eat Jimbo's Beef so I've been buying an extra pot every week to stock up in the freezer.

I haven't noticed many shortages in our local NW, but I tend not to shop in the middle aisles so might have missed some.   There is a sign at the meat section warning that supplies may not be consistent, but no obvious shortages yet.
Minor inconveniences. This article may help you to expect what 'adjustments' you can expect to be making in the near future. A lack of ready made dressing or water with the right effervescence will be the least of your problems me thinks.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/commen...-australia
Minor inconveniences?

Obviously not a cat person...
(27-01-2022, 10:14 AM)harm_less Wrote: Minor inconveniences. This article may help you to expect what 'adjustments' you can expect to be making in the near future. A lack of ready made dressing or water with the right effervescence will be the least of your problems me thinks.
I think Magoo is just trying to be cringey.   Whereas cat food ... a very serious issue.
(27-01-2022, 09:25 AM)Olive Wrote: Caesar
i ignore spellcheck because i am too lazy to hit the shift key for capitals, and everything with capitals shows up as improperly spelled words. sozz.

(27-01-2022, 10:14 AM)harm_less Wrote: Minor inconveniences. This article may help you to expect what 'adjustments' you can expect to be making in the near future. A lack of ready made dressing or water with the right effervescence will be the least of your problems me thinks.
best i start looting early by the sounds of it.
may have to find that razor wire i got for the mayan calendar armageddon.
what a fizzer that was.

(27-01-2022, 10:43 AM)Olive Wrote:
I think Magoo is just trying to be cringey.   Whereas cat food ... a very serious issue.
we'll see how cringey magoo is when he runs out of fillet steak and starts eyeing cats hungrily.
any port in a storm.

i dont mind a bit of hoarding but its a gamble.
its no fun waking up the day after a supposed armageddon with 2000 cans of spam in the spare bedroom.
(27-01-2022, 10:40 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Minor inconveniences?

Obviously not a cat person...
On the contrary we are owned by a cat (singular as of a couple of weeks ago due to roadkill Sad )
Our felines get their food from a local fresh meat supplier, or if that supply goes down we have two large freezers with ample beef mince to share with the pets.
Rich people! I am so not passing that on to Ms CoCo, her demands will only get louder and her meal rejections more frequent.

Damn her velvet paws!
we have plenty of native birds around here, so none of the neighbourhood cats look malnourished.
Back in your box magoo, and take that wooden spoon with you...
Toilet paper is out around here! Ordered a pack of 4 rolls from Countdown with weekly order, with 'all substitutions' ticked but they have none apparently. Then tried to put an order in with New World - no toilet paper coming up at all in their products; they suggested boxes of tissues instead, but I didn't think you should put tissues down the loo? At least I have half a dozen rolls left, then it will be down to walking around looking for dock leaves, I guess.
Other things Countdown couldn't supply were: Silverbeet, Handwash refill, Shaving gel for husband, Silver fern Farms beef or lamb, as well as other types of meat.-

im against it.
Olive oil & vinegar dressing is better than dry salad & you could bung your peanut butter in a food processer, or just pick out the big bits, it'll keep you amused for hours. Angel Big Grin
If we think times are tough now, imagine how difficult it must have been during WW2, when people could get sweet Fanny Adams & had to make do & mend, & grow their own.

Its annoying I know, but that's just the way it is for now. And no doubt I'll be complaining about something or other sooner or later too - fairly sure it won't be the size of bubbles in fizzy drink, though. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
My favorite oatmeal has gone missing as well .... oh what to do, how will I survive?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(27-01-2022, 02:08 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: My favorite oatmeal has gone missing as well .... oh what to do, how will I survive?

Semolina?
Weetbix? (every bit as good for you as the cardboard packet it comes in.)
Nick some oats from your nearest stables, remembering to keep well clear of the horses's back end as you do? Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)