Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
supply chain faltering
Ill keep well clear thanks Lilith, Im not an arse man  Big Grin
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I came across this about a 'red light pantry' - yuk, they can keep their Maggi soup.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-...fisolation

I've been getting a little bit extra each week for a while, as & when I can manage it so we should be OK as long as it doesn't last too long. Well - the dog'll be OK, anyway, she's about 3 weeks ahead now for dogroll.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
No faith in people's ability to make soup from scratch?
(27-01-2022, 02:35 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No faith in people's ability to make soup from scratch?
Urk - Maggi soup is disgusting stuff, at least the packet stuff is, (never tried tinned soup) I bought some ages ago for if I didn't feel like cooking.
Tried one - that was enough! I'll stick to making my own.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(27-01-2022, 02:01 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(27-01-2022, 08:36 AM)Magoo Wrote: Anyone noticed missing items (apart from brown sugar/flour) on the supermarket shelves?
i cannot get my favourite salad dressing, Newmans Caesar vinaigrette, been gone for weeks.
No sparkling mineral water now for a couple of weeks.  my fave toothpaste (Sparkly Grape Gel for Kids) is mia as well.
shelves sans Smooth American Style peanut butter
Second week of no Noble cheese at New World.
had i known i would have started hoarding.

its a first world problem i know, but a problem nonetheless.
dry salad is virtually unpalatable. the bubbles in Soda Water are too big, not the same as mineral water.
there is no substitute for ones favourite peanut butter, its that or nothing.

im against it.
Olive oil & vinegar dressing is better than dry salad & you could bung your peanut butter in a food processer, or just pick out the big bits, it'll keep you amused for hours. Angel Big Grin
If we think times are tough now, imagine how difficult it must have been during WW2, when people could get sweet Fanny Adams & had to make do & mend, & grow their own.

Its annoying I know, but that's just the way it is for now. And no doubt I'll be complaining about something or other sooner or later too - fairly sure it won't be the size of bubbles in fizzy drink, though. Smile
the ww2 peeps were used to hardship. it was hard before war broke out.
im not built for that, while i dont mind the outdoors i prefer a flushing shitter.
refrigeration isnt necessary, as long as theres plenty of ice.
when i was younger and went camping i brought a little generator so i could run my blender for margaritas.
you want them slushy its tres essential.
theres not much in the survival manual when your cv says bon vivant.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(27-01-2022, 02:40 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(27-01-2022, 02:01 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Olive oil & vinegar dressing is better than dry salad & you could bung your peanut butter in a food processer, or just pick out the big bits, it'll keep you amused for hours. Angel Big Grin
If we think times are tough now, imagine how difficult it must have been during WW2, when people could get sweet Fanny Adams & had to make do & mend, & grow their own.

Its annoying I know, but that's just the way it is for now. And no doubt I'll be complaining about something or other sooner or later too - fairly sure it won't be the size of bubbles in fizzy drink, though. Smile
the ww2 peeps were used to hardship. it was hard before war broke out.
im not built for that, while i dont mind the outdoors i prefer a flushing shitter.
refrigeration isnt necessary, as long as theres plenty of ice.
when i was younger and went camping i brought a little generator so i could run my blender for margaritas.
you want them slushy its tres essential.
theres not much in the survival manual when your cv says bon vivant.
Big Grin Big Grin

A bucket of water down the loo works to flush it.
 If you have no fridge, dig yourself a hole in the back yard in a shady spot, line it with bricks & make a cover for it. My grandmother had one of those before anyone had fridges, used for storing butter, milk etc etc.
i think id rather shit in the hole and keep my bevvies cold in the pissoir.
couldnt i pay someone to generate a few watts for me by pedalling super fast on a bike hooked up to a generator?
people are going to be out of work you know.
(27-01-2022, 02:56 PM)Magoo Wrote: i think id rather shit in the hole and keep my bevvies cold in the pissoir.
couldnt i pay someone to generate a few watts for me by pedalling super fast on a bike hooked up to a generator?
people are going to be out of work you know.
Ingenious!

Probably worth a try... Big Grin Big Grin
no im not indigenous, my ancestors were europeans.
(27-01-2022, 03:29 PM)Magoo Wrote: no im not indigenous, my ancestors were europeans.
But maybe a bit lickdicksic I suspect Wink
(27-01-2022, 03:55 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(27-01-2022, 03:29 PM)Magoo Wrote: no im not indigenous, my ancestors were europeans.
But maybe a bit lickdicksic I suspect Wink
no i think theyre mostly poms