Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm so glad I don't have a school age child or grandchild
having to wear a mask all day in class when it is so hot. February has always been the hottest month, which was why I had to stop playing interclub tennis.
I think it's inhumane and cruel, and I would keep my child away from school and homeschool.

It's far more difficult to communicate in every way with a mask on.
I feel sorry for parents having to make this decision.
It isn't likely to be much fun, but schools will surely have fans if not air conditioning.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
we try
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Plenty of people wear masks for long periods of time, and I have to admit those surgical ones are very light on the face, much lighter than my fabric ones. Wearing one the other day made me feel quite insecure because of the lightness despite my knowing it was probably doing a better job.

As for communication difficulties, we just need to learn how to enunciate more clearly and watch the eyes. I must admit though it does make talking to yourself more socially acceptable. Specially the cursing variety.
the insides of those surgical masks are hell with stubble.
really really itchy
i hate them, have to walk back to my car every single time to get mask.

i always tell retail workers etc theyre champions for complying.
they are, being masked all day must be horrid.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(31-01-2022, 06:51 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Plenty of people wear masks for long periods of time, and I have to admit those surgical ones are very light on the face, much lighter than my fabric ones. Wearing one the other day made me feel quite insecure because of the lightness despite my knowing it was probably doing a better job.

As for communication difficulties, we just need to learn how to enunciate more clearly and watch the eyes. I must admit though it does make talking to yourself more socially acceptable. Specially the cursing variety.
Yes - & if you swear quietly enough behind your mask, you don't look so much like the local madwoman. Well, no more than usual anyway. Angel Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)