Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
He cant be serious?
Epidemiologist Michael Baker is urging Kiwis to limit their contact with others as the Omicron outbreak grows.
Fair enough Im all for that.  

He also called for children as young as two to wear masks because they are unable to be vaccinated.

Good God can you imagine the tantrums this will cause, good on the parents that can achieve this lol
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I suspect it will depend on the mask. Two years olds can be remarkably obsessive about certain images...
mine were easy.
if i wanted them to wear a mask i would have told them they couldnt have one.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
My grandchildren in the USA were used to wearing masks when out of the house when Covid broke out. They were 3 and 6 at the time.
Their parents reinforced it, explained to them in words they could understand why it was necessary.
Never had any issues. It was approached the same way as seat belts - "No mask, no outing".
I suspect whether or not there are tantrums depends on the way the child in question is used to getting his/her own way, unless of course they have psychological or physical issues which make wearing a mask difficult.
Someone will be making masks featuring spiderman or batman or whoever the child is in keen on at present.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I think the vast majority of small children are going to accept mask wearing as long as it is presented as an ordinary part of life and their parent is conscientious about wearing masks and does not present it as a chore or a choice. Just don't make it into a big deal.
"Only big kids wear masks..."

Works a treat.
(27-01-2022, 05:52 PM)kitty179 Wrote: My grandchildren in the USA were used to wearing masks when out of the house when Covid broke out. They were 3 and 6 at the time.
Their parents reinforced it, explained to them in words they could understand why it was necessary.
Never had any issues. It was approached the same way as seat belts - "No mask, no outing".
I suspect whether or not there are tantrums depends on the way the child in question is used to getting his/her own way, unless of course they have psychological or physical issues which make wearing a mask difficult
Wow, just wow.  The worst case of helicopter patenting I have ever heard of.
Helicopter parenting? Nah, that is looking after the kids health. They cannot be vaxed remember, mask training and discipline is keeping them safe. Just as putting a harness and lead on them at that age was in my day. And no, I was no helicopter parent.

From the Oxford - "a parent who takes an overprotective or excessive interest in the life of their child or children.
"some college officials see all this as the behaviour of an overindulged generation, raised by helicopter parents and lacking in resilience"
(28-01-2022, 10:44 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: The worst case of helicopter patenting I have ever heard of.

So what is your chosen way of patenting helicopters?
(28-01-2022, 10:51 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Helicopter parenting? Nah, that is looking after the kids health. They cannot be vaxed remember, mask training and discipline is keeping them safe. Just as putting a harness and lead on them at that age was in my day. And no, I was no helicopter parent.

From the Oxford - "a parent who takes an overprotective or excessive interest in the life of their child or children.
"some college officials see all this as the behaviour of an overindulged generation, raised by helicopter parents and lacking in resilience"
More like teaching your kids to be afraid of everything.  And vaccination doesn't stop it, doesn't stop you catching it and may limit possible hospitalisation - though the data on kids in inconclusive.
(28-01-2022, 11:44 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(28-01-2022, 10:51 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Helicopter parenting? Nah, that is looking after the kids health. They cannot be vaxed remember, mask training and discipline is keeping them safe. Just as putting a harness and lead on them at that age was in my day. And no, I was no helicopter parent.

More like teaching your kids to be afraid of everything.  And vaccination doesn't stop it, doesn't stop you catching it and may limit possible hospitalisation - though the data on kids in inconclusive.
Using that extremely dubious 'reasoning' no child should ever be vaccinated against anything, lest they be afraid of the needle... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(28-01-2022, 10:44 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(27-01-2022, 05:52 PM)kitty179 Wrote: My grandchildren in the USA were used to wearing masks when out of the house when Covid broke out. They were 3 and 6 at the time.
I suspect whether or not there are tantrums depends on the way the child in question is used to getting his/her own way, unless of course they have psychological or physical issues which make wearing a mask difficult
they havent had the easy time we've had.
their governance didnt have the wherewithal to close borders and go into lockdown hard and early like we did.
they have learned in the hardest way possible, seeing 80,000 souls accelerate their death through Covid.
i lived in california many years, my wife and a daughter are amierican. we lost family. ive lost two friends. one of them was an antivaxxer. both same age as me, neither had comorbidities.

not only was their governance response insipid, the ex-president, loser of the the whitehouse the senate and congress after one term, politicized it. he lied to his people and failed in every way to take any action against the virus.
there are more antivax/antimask lunatics and imbeciles in the usa than there are here.
voting a certain way matters in a pandemic how? you would expect it in the states, fucken hillbillies and rednecks and sovcit retardedness, but here?

its both sad and soul destroying to see how many around us were/are so ignorant and uncooperative.
i suppose it comes down to stats. one in every 100 is pigshit thick, antisocial loser, and thats how it is.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(28-01-2022, 10:44 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
Have a read here for some perspective...
https://www.georgetakei.com/educators-re...78272.html

and what's with the
Quote:Wow, just wow.
  Sound like some real social media outrage you got there...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(28-01-2022, 04:09 PM)king1 Wrote:
(28-01-2022, 10:44 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Wow, just wow.  The worst case of helicopter patenting I have ever heard of.
Have a read here for some perspective...

and what's with the
Quote:Wow, just wow.
Lol your reference point is George takei.com?  I mean he was a great helmsman and excellent captain of the Excelsior.......
(28-01-2022, 09:54 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(28-01-2022, 04:09 PM)king1 Wrote: Have a read here for some perspective...

and what's with the
Lol your reference point is George takei.com?  I mean he was a great helmsman and excellent captain of the Excelsior.......
Shocking isn't it, but far better examples of helicopter parenting than your sad attempt...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
My 2 year old will wear a mask, but not all day. Her head is smaller so need an extra small mask.