Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Annoying irritations in the ordinary
(29-01-2022, 10:53 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Fruit stickers. I thought they'd outlawed those stupid things? Why are we still pulling them off our plums and apples? What is the point of them? We don't need to know what orchard they came out of, that's nothing to do with us. Forget the damned things and drop the price of the fruit...

And we'll buy more.
What ever happened to the ones that were burned onto the fruit using a laser?
Seemed a much more practical idea to me!
(30-01-2022, 01:09 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Those are going cardboard now.
those cardboard bread tags are crap, they cant even be reused once!
I suspect there have been complaints because they have all gone back to plastic with the brands we have bought.
I dont know why they cant use PLA which is a bio-polymer anyway thats made from corn startch.
And the elephant in the room is the damn bag is all plastic anyway!
(02-02-2022, 11:47 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(30-01-2022, 01:09 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Those are going cardboard now.
those cardboard bread tags are crap, they cant even be reused once!
I suspect there have been complaints because they have all gone back to plastic with the brands we have bought.
I dont know why they cant use PLA which is a bio-polymer anyway thats made from corn startch.
And the elephant in the room is the damn bag is all plastic anyway!
Bread used to come in grease-proof wrappers - not as hard wearing as plastic but perfectly adequate, & these days they might be able to be recycled.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
sunday loaf had half a strip of butcher paper for a wrapper.

on sundays after church dad would stop to get a sunday loaf, and half a dozen eskimos for us kids.
i get the face when i call them that too. she says theyre into it so i cant see the problem
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(02-02-2022, 12:44 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: And the elephant in the room is the damn bag is all plastic anyway!
Bread used to come in grease-proof wrappers - not as hard wearing as plastic but perfectly adequate, & these days they might be able to be recycled.
[/quote]

As a kid school lunches were wrapped in the grease proof bread bag...only used twice, but better than one use, and it decomposed sort of anyway...the wax won't rot away, but it's a natural substance. The McKenzie loaf used to come in a brown paper bag...with a plastic window. Is it still around ?...too expensive for me now.
(02-02-2022, 04:48 PM)Zurdo Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 12:44 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: And the elephant in the room is the damn bag is all plastic anyway!

As a kid school lunches were wrapped in the grease proof bread bag...only used twice, but better than one use, and it decomposed sort of anyway...the wax won't rot away, but it's a natural substance. The McKenzie loaf used to come in a brown paper bag...with a plastic window. Is it still around ?...too expensive for me now.
[/quote]

I'm not sure - they did rather price themselves out of reach of most of us, didn't they.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)