Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arlo Pro camera motion detection stops & starts working
We have had Arlo Pro system for a few years and recently bought a new Arlo Pro add on camera from Trade Me.  Sometimes this camera captures video (eg cat at far end of driveway in pitch black night) and other times not (eg me wandering around in broad daylight directly in front of the camera for 20+ minutes trying to get it to record video.)

The camera has been removed from the base station, added back, synced again and the modes and rules have been checked and rechecked.  All the other original cameras are working fine. 

I have tried the Device Utilities Motion Detection Test and it just keeps running, nothing flashes yellow as it's supposed to. I've changed the sensitivity to high.  The snapshot function is working and saving to the library, the motion detection icon is on but motion detection is hit and miss.  If I wave a broom in front of the camera, it will record.

Wifi strength for the camera is at 2 out of 3 but I can go to live view no problem.  Another camera has the same strength and records fine.

Any ideas?
do they have a factory reset on them, might be worth trying that if so.
Motion detection can be a bit trial and error getting them just right but they shouldn't be erratic at all
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup