Poll: Do you think we should merge Canterbury recovery with the Canterbury regional forum?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
4 66.67%
No
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll - Merge Canterbury Recovery with Canterbury regional board?
Question 
What are your thoughts?
Im open to your feedback.
Yes for me. Over time, less and less of the content on the old MB became directly related to earthquake issues. Posters would still be free to discuss them in the Canterbury board.

One thing I find about the regional boards (a great idea!) is that it takes so much scrolling down to see them. I missed them the first time I visited. I wonder if nesting them (if that's the right term?) on the main forum page with a click to open the entire board could work better? In fact, doing this for all major categories (with brief descriptions of the content) might tidy up the main page.
Autumn comes
I could put this under general topics and that way it would be possible to have it come up higher in the list and take the clutter away.
There is one feature that you might not be aware of where you can collapse each category by clicking on the white button to the right of the blue bar.
(24-02-2020, 09:35 AM)nzoomed Wrote: There is one feature that you might not be aware of where you can collapse each category by clicking on the white button to the right of the blue bar.

Thanks for the tip! That’s much better. What do you think of having all categories collapsed by default on the main page?
Autumn comes
Im not sure if its possible, ill take a look.
You wont believe how many settings there are on the backend of this!
Im still discovering more. Would do a vote on this first, as not everyone might like it or know how to expand them.
Either way, there are countless plugins and scripts to add or remove features that the settings dont allow.
I have to go through them all and test them before putting them online in case they cause other issues.
NO.

New category to cover those and others issues called "Environment"

Earthquakes, 1080, etc.
(24-02-2020, 01:35 PM)EX09ER Wrote: NO.

New category to cover those and others issues called "Environment"

Earthquakes, 1080, etc.
We already have an environment category.
I dont think the earthquakes really have anything to do with that.