Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prices & qualities of product
Anyone got any info, (consumer ?), or similar about Clothes dryers
Ours just died and needs replacement - preferrably before they all go up in price as I was just reading today.  
Everything is going up.  

Sp anyway I'd like to replace the clothes dryer - for say around $1000.  The old one was a Hoover lol - and it lasted about 30 years.

If anyone is a member of Consumer and they can access a report on quality/cost/review etc that'd be good .
Other than that - reccomendations ?

Ps: I'm NOT spending $3k on a bloody 'heatpump' dryer.  It wont get used that much to be worth it.  Theres only two of us oldies.
When looking at a potential purchase I google the product name and reviews and have a look at those. Surprising how many times I change my mind, lol.

Good luck with yours!
i know nothing.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
We bought a new dryer last year, after our old F&P crapped out...but it's an AEG series 6000 heatpump dryer.
I do have other cameras!
i called to get our washing machine fixed, its a maytag that came with us from america.
the fixer guy asked how old is it.
24 i said.
months? he asked
no, years. we've just broken her in.

we had to get a new one.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Yep, we have a Samsung Heat Pump dryer and it is blimmin awesome.
The old dryer used to fill the laundry with condensation and hot fumey air but this one is fabulous.
No ducting required.
But I get what the OP says, you could buy 3 cheap dryers for the cost of the heatpump one, but I did notice that there were less conventional dryers to choose from these days.
Go figure.
I have a yen for a combo washer dryer. The one real bugbear I have with my little sanctuary is having to use a community laundry. Not everyone has quite the same hygiene standards and it is becoming a real trigger for my temper.

But, they are expensive. Even the smallest ones, which would just fit into my kitchen underbench space...
(03-02-2022, 07:21 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I have a yen for a combo washer dryer. The one real bugbear I have with my little sanctuary is having to use a community laundry. Not everyone has quite the same hygiene standards and it is becoming a real trigger for my temper.

But, they are expensive. Even the smallest ones, which would just fit into my kitchen underbench space...
Before you buy one do read as many reviews as you can find.   I had to use one when living in London in a tiny flat and it didn't dry well at all:  the clothes came out hot and stewed and needed to be draped over the furniture and hung in a rack to dry properly.   I would rather have a small washing machine that spins well so that the clothes don't take long to dry on a rack or a washing line.
I used to sell washer dryers, years ago. One big snag with them is that their drying full load is only half the washing full load.
I do have other cameras!
I didn't know that, it makes sense now. Thanks.
Interesting folks. Nah don't need a new washer lol - just the dryer. And it's summer so it's not urgent BUT - prices ARE going up and up and up..........
It will be a couple of years till I can do it, so I have long enough to do even more research and for the technology to improve too. With the trend to smaller living these machines are going to be a good option, so no doubt we will see some improvements.