Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pc Bullshit
(21-02-2022, 04:29 PM)mike Wrote:
(21-02-2022, 10:22 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: My, that's a big paddle you have there....Smile
Not a problem when you have guns like Arnie  Rofl

Seriously white people don't have a problem being called white, PC gone mad. Nobody should need to feel ashamed of their colour. This PC crap alludes to being it so.

Does nobody have the character to answer this question  ?
 I imagine it has something to do with several hundred years of white people oppressing the black people simply because of their skin colour.  What you're try to gloss over is entrenched racism, which i don't think even comes close to simply being PC gone mad... 

I guess it's ok for a black person to talk of themselves in that tone, Billy T was not afraid to to take the piss out of maoris, but I think it has to be initiated by the person being the subject of the classification....  

Us white folks lost the right to refer to them that way generations ago IMHO...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
we're running out of words for our darker hued brothers
have they come up with something to replace black?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
This might help, apparently is ok if you expand to the group eg black students, black faculty, black members etc 

.pdf   USC Aiken Inclusive Language Guide.pdf (Size: 104.86 KB / Downloads: 1)

(21-02-2022, 04:44 PM)king1 Wrote:
(21-02-2022, 04:29 PM)mike Wrote: Not a problem when you have guns like Arnie  Rofl

Seriously white people don't have a problem being called white, PC gone mad. Nobody should need to feel ashamed of their colour. This PC crap alludes to being it so.

Does nobody have the character to answer this question  ?
 I imagine it has something to do with several hundred years of white people oppressing the black people simply because of their skin colour.  What you're try to gloss over is entrenched racism, which i don't think even comes close to simply being PC gone mad... 

I guess it's ok for a black person to talk of themselves in that tone, Billy T was not afraid to to take the piss out of maoris, but I think it has to be initiated by the person being the subject of the classification....  

Us white folks lost the right to refer to them that way generations ago IMHO...

I'm not trying to gloss over anything just asking a genuine question to understand. Billy was a "banker" for cheap shots at his own race and no doubt why some Maori stereotypes still exist today. Good points cheers.

(21-02-2022, 04:50 PM)Magoo Wrote: we're running out of words for our darker hued brothers
have they come up with something to replace black?
Think Afro-American is the go for people in the states.

(21-02-2022, 05:17 PM)king1 Wrote: This might help, apparently is ok if you expand to the group eg black students, black faculty, black members etc 

I haven't quite got the hang of the quoting system at times but think I'm getting there.

Ok interesting so if its a group it's ok. A young woman told me off for using the term afro-american to describe the guy that sells Mississippi Chicken. I took her point on board there's no need to mention ethnicity. 

Guess that's why it was OK for white folk to say black lives matter but a black life matters would be a no-go. Learnt a few things today cheers.
yeah quotes are a bit interesting, its helpful when tidying them up to use the very RHS button of the editor, view source.

it's a bit like coding in html etc  quotes go between the [quote...] and [/quote...] tags and can be nested two deep

if you use the view source button it helps to understand how it works

(21-02-2022, 06:52 PM)king1 Wrote: yeah quotes are a bit interesting, its helpful when tidying them up to use the very RHS button of the editor, view source.

it's a bit like coding in html etc  quotes go between the [quote...] and [/quote...] tags and can be nested two deep

if you use the view source button it helps to understand how it works
Cheers  Yes