Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr Campbell gets "fact checked"
Interesting video and I guess no surprises, ironically early on in the pandemic he had been praised by the same MSM.

Ive been a follower, (along with several here) of his videos and ive always found him a valuable resource of information and he is impartial, happy to cover both sides of the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bza1gAc8sOA
I'm afraid I can't be bothered watching yet another unqualified commenter on medicine and virology.
I do have other cameras!
he is damned annoying
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Is this a video of him defending himself against claims of being less than truthful?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Interesting video post by the good Doctor. Typically understated and backed by fact in contrast to the disinformation presented by the BBC it would seem. The journalist is obviously well out of her depth in regard to assimilating and communicating research and statistical data, which is where Dr Campbell shines.

(01-02-2022, 11:36 AM)king1 Wrote: Is this a video of him defending himself against claims of being less than truthful?
You got it in one. Mainly restating the government and other research data and statistics that the BBC defamed him over.
Is it just me or is Dr Campbell appealing to both pro and anti alike...

(01-02-2022, 03:31 PM)king1 Wrote: Is it just me or is Dr Campbell appealing to both pro and anti alike...
Cunning marketing - maximise the clicks and get the rubes subscribing.
I do have other cameras!
(01-02-2022, 03:31 PM)king1 Wrote: Is it just me or is Dr Campbell appealing to both pro and anti alike...
Right from the start of his COVID posts on YouTube he has been about evaluating robust scientific research and statistical data. He's not about "appealing to" any particular public, political or corporate ideology, he just unravels the data into publicly digestible form. That's what his doctrate in nurse training is focussed on so he's just doing what he does best, and I suspect is his passion; biological science, pure and simple.

You only have to see the calibre of many of those commenting on his posts to see how well regarded he is by public and health professionals alike.
Far be it from me to critique an educator, but I shake a pound of metaphorical salt over anyone who chooses Youtube as their podium.
or a source of research
It is a great place to find information on all sorts of things, but medicine? Perhaps not.
its a great place to find entertainment, but information not so much.
(02-02-2022, 07:10 AM)Magoo Wrote: its a great place to find entertainment, but information not so much.
You need to get around more. YouTube is a brilliant resource for just about any information you require. Personally I have found 'how to' posts on subjects including farm fencing tips, 2 stroke engine tuning, poultry slaughter, automotive specifications, soil science and biology, basic butchering, furniture restoration, house plant care, weather forecasts, barista tips, political affairs, car reviews, photovoltaic installation and fishing techniques.

YouTube is an easily accessible online resource that is used by all and sundry though like any media or online content it is up to the user to a large part to ascertain the quality of any poster's veracity. If your online content filtering skills aren't up to speed then perhaps using the internet in general isn't a wise place for you to be.
yes, i do need to get out more.
and now i think about i fixed the dryer using youtube and replaced the rollers on my boat while the boat was on it using the tube. fixed the electric tap in the caravan ex youtube too.
its a good source of information like that.
although there are people like me out there who will show you how to upgrade your xbox with a paslode gun, or microwave an errant laptop to repair a software glitch.
i was referring to health advice, and should have been more clear.
(02-02-2022, 11:16 AM)Magoo Wrote: yes, i do need to get out more.
and now i think about i fixed the dryer using youtube and replaced the rollers on my boat while the boat was on it using the tube. fixed the electric tap in the caravan ex youtube too.
although there are people like me out there who will show you how to upgrade your xbox with a paslode gun, or microwave an errant laptop to repair a software glitch.
Which is the reason reputable online posters will include a disclaimer in their content/channel such as Dr Campbell does:

"Disclaimer; These media including videos, book, e book, articles, podcasts are not peer-reviewed. They should never replace individual clinical judgement from your own health care provider. No media-based material on this channel is suitable for using as professional medical advice. All comments are also for educational purposed only and must never replace advice from your own health care provider."

The point of his posts is his ability to digest complex research data and regurgitate in a form that is of use to the average person. He does not profess to advise or diagnose and always distances himself from being regarded as doing so.
Possibly, he was giving antivaxxers quite a hard time in his videos earlier on, but has since interviewed people who claim to have had reactions to the jab recently and covered other negative aspects.
Either he feels he wants to cover a balanced view or else is trying to appeal to everyone, he must be getting some good revenue on his channel now.
(02-02-2022, 11:29 AM)harm_less Wrote:
Which is the reason reputable online posters will include a disclaimer in their content/channel such as Dr Campbell does:

"Disclaimer; These media including videos, book, e book, articles, podcasts are not peer-reviewed. They should never replace individual clinical judgement from your own health care provider. No media-based material on this channel is suitable for using as professional medical advice. All comments are also for educational purposed only and must never replace advice from your own health care provider."

The point of his posts is his ability to digest complex research data and regurgitate in a form that is of use to the average person. He does not profess to advise or diagnose and always distances himself from being regarded as doing so.
shit, a disclaimer would have to be permanently attached to everything i post. i regurgitate it all from my own head, stubbornly refuse to verify or qualify any of it with research or links because my knowing it is enough for me.
(02-02-2022, 12:01 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 11:29 AM)harm_less Wrote: Which is the reason reputable online posters will include a disclaimer in their content/channel such as Dr Campbell does:

shit, a disclaimer would have to be permanently attached to everything i post. i regurgitate it all from my own head, stubbornly refuse to verify or qualify any of it with research or links because my knowing it is enough for me.
That's what your signature is for Magoo...

https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/usercp.php?action=editsig

I am considering servicing my new old sewing machine courtesy of a kiwi who has a substantial following on Youtube. Apparently he collects sewing machines. He has rather a lot of them.

Okaaaaaaaay....

But even nutty people can be useful.  Big Grin