Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did everyone from Trademe Motors go?
Intrade might know a bit im guessing, but im assuming there is another motoring forum everyone went over to?
Well I'm here, but not particularly interested in talking about cars.
From what I could see there were a couple of familiar names over at that other place.
Kazbanz in particular.
But in a few threads I browsed there was some very aggressive posting and a very definite anti-electric brigade.
I dont really care about that, but some of the name calling was a bit unnecessary, and only a guess but there could be some “much younger” motorists.
I look at it but it is way too disrespectful for me to be honest.
Yes, I noticed the big noise posters in the political threads were also posting in the motoring thread. Not only can they run the country better than the government, they can fix cars better than mechanics....and all with a keyboard and computer !
I remember one arriving in Health armed with wooden spoon. I guess it was a quiet week in Motoring that drove him to seek fresh avenues to explore.
The "Other Place" is a bit quiet in Motoring, unfortunately in here it's almost dead. Quite surprising after how lively the Trademe board was.
Consider though how long it had been running, and the size of its member pool.

This place is a baby in comparison.
Good things take time
Was trading on TM for some 3 years prior to venturing on the Message boards,.

What got me interested in Motoring was a thread bout a Zephyr car that crashed at the top of Newton Rd & broke up with the engine flying cross rd.
The main point of that posting was whether it was a Mk 1 or Mk 3.
I think it was both...two separate incidents.

There were some people who knew a lot...and an awful lot of knowitalls. I never tried to argue with them...like in political threads...their knowledge is so encompassing. Better to just back out quietly.
From what I could see in the “other place” it is not (yet) answering queries such as: “which spark plugs does my Corolla use” to more like “my car can beat yours” type of thing.
Pretty juvenile really.
There may be more “helpful” contributors but I lost interest fairly quickly.
PS: I dont own a Corolla or need spark plugs. Lol.
Spark Plugs, can remember purchasing a set for me old HQ Kingswood set of 6 cost can't say exactly but there was change from the $10 note.
Dec '21 Miss 27 got her Mitsubishi ASX serviced, plugs replaced x4 @$19.46 each.
(03-02-2022, 07:15 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I think it was both...two separate incidents.

There were some people who knew a lot...and an awful lot of knowitalls. I never tried to argue with them...like in political threads...their knowledge is so encompassing. Better to just back out quietly.
 Yea, the Old Man always said Never get involved with either Religion or Politics, just smile sometime nod da head & leave those peeps to it