Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love him or loath him
I think David Seymour has hit the nail on the head with this speech, you dont have to agree but its a bit more refreshing than the 1.pm speech today which I started watching but had to turn off after 5 minutes due to same old broken record bullshit!

Might work better if I put the link in.

https://tinyurl.com/y7zavp29
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(03-02-2022, 03:37 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I think David Seymour has hit the nail on the head with this speech, you dont have to agree but its a bit more refreshing than the 1.pm speech today which I started watching but had to turn off after 5 minutes due to same old broken record bullshit!

Might work better if I put the link in.

https://tinyurl.com/y7zavp29
In what respect has he hit the nail on the head? 

To be fair he wouldn't be doing his job properly if he wasn't criticising everything the government has done, whilst blaming them for everything that goes wrong regardless of whether they had any control over it...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Yeah, well - fantasizing without responsibility is always easier and more fun than actually doing the hard yards.
I do have other cameras!
(03-02-2022, 04:01 PM)Praktica Wrote: Yeah, well - fantasizing without responsibility is always easier and more fun than actually doing the hard yards.

its always easy for opposition parties to criticise but once in govt its often different.

"Toni has promoted a better way to break the cycle of crime with her work in Corrections. Not many people are prepared to go to prison for a cause, but Toni has been inside to promote ACT’s approach of rehabilitation."

If its the usual right wing approach of bash bash bash it just isn't going to work.

"More and more people know that Jacinda’s COVID response is a grand illusion. Nearly every day brings another even more bizarre disaster, showing we benefited from good luck rather than good management."

Really David? You've somehow managed to completely avoid how well we've done, despite mistakes, when compared to most countries? Big Grin Big Grin

"that great feminist organisation called the Taliban gave a New Zealand woman asylum from the policies of her own Government."

And has it occurred to you to ask why that might possibly be, David? Have you any clue what's happening there, how desperate things are?

To the extent that families are selling their children. Girls only, of course. Dodgy

Its therefore extremely likely that those vile butchers desperately need some good publicity, need to be seen doing something - kind - & I'm aware that the right now have an aversion to that word, but that is what they need to pretend to be in order to get help from western countries before their entire country goes down the gurgler.

"Labour said they would put children at the centre of everything. Then they changed the Oranga Tamariki Act so that children are reverse uplifted from safe loving houses if the foster parents are the wrong race."

NOT
entirely the case is it -  as you surely must know there's far more to it than that.

While I admire you for getting the EOL bill across the line, that's where it ends. Because this speech shows that really you're after all, no more than a politician who's willing to twist things to push their agenda. Dodgy

I've no idea why the font size is different in the above post - definitely not my doing.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
what are these daily bizarre disasters?
i cant recall any
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Not a surprise to see a rushed Seymour spitting out word clouds in a bid to try and win back some of those National zombie voters. I did nod with agreement when he effectively said that National would be a shit government.

Judging by their silence, can we assume that the Nats are pleased with the certainty provided by the resoundingly elected Labour Party and are looking forward to working with them moving forward? Or is Luxon still trying to open his tiny bag of peanuts?
(03-02-2022, 04:25 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I've no idea why the font size is different in the above post - definitely not my doing.
Fixed that post up for you, happens when you start typing in between or after text that is already larger in size, possibly after a cut an paste

You can use the Text Size button in the editor (the Capital A, with the red up and down arrow) to change the size of any text you select eg words paragraphs etc
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-02-2022, 04:39 PM)king1 Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 04:25 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I've no idea why the font size is different in the above post - definitely not my doing.
Fixed that post up for you, happens when you start typing in between or after text that is already larger in size, possibly after a cut an paste

You can use the Text Size button in the editor (the Capital A, with the red up and down arrow) to change the size of any text you select eg words paragraphs etc
Oh OK, I'll try to keep that in mind but as I'm a technoklutz, there's every chance I'll bollocks it up again at some point. Rolleyes Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I am not saying seymour is right or wrong but it is refreshing to hear someone elses point of view besides the broken Ardern record and Luxon going head to head, I voted labour (fool me) and as far as Im concerned Ardern and her government are in a sinking boat with no lifejackets, things they said they would not do they are doing and using Covid as an excuse, as I say I voted for them as I have voted labour all my working life, but I wont vote for them again until this lot are pushed out the door.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I am just glad the more those two men talk, the fewer people are likely to vote for them.
(03-02-2022, 06:02 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I am not saying seymour is right or wrong but it is refreshing to hear someone elses point of view besides the broken Ardern record and Luxon going head to head, I voted labour (fool me) and as far as Im concerned Ardern and her government are in a sinking boat with no lifejackets, things they said they would not do they are doing and using Covid as an excuse, as I say I voted for them as I have voted labour all my working life, but I wont vote for them again until this lot are pushed out the door.
Yep we are much on the same page, with the difference I  haven't voted Labour since that unfaithful trollop Elsie Tanner married Alan Howard.
How far right is David Seymour?
This is somewhat OTT but some of ACT's policies are surprising, to say the least.

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2022/02/04/ho...FGtEegePtA
Seymour usually comes across as a glib but harmless doofus, however some of ACT's policies are truly poisonous, especially around Treaty issues. "Raw meat racism" ? I think so, yes.
(04-02-2022, 12:04 PM)Olive Wrote: Seymour usually comes across as a glib but harmless doofus, however some of ACT's policies are truly poisonous, especially around Treaty issues.  "Raw meat racism" ?  I think so, yes.
The problem is I think that some of his followers aren't so harmless.
What other alternative to the present government do we have?
Not a lot at present, it seems - but there's always room for improvement from all parties.
Then it seems that unless another pandemic turns up we shall have a Act/National government next year.
(05-02-2022, 06:25 PM)Rumpelteazer Wrote: Then it seems that unless another pandemic turns up we shall have a Act/National government next year.
id say so...
I hope not.
makes little difference to me