Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stop Mowing The Lawn !
Parsley still at seedling stage, rosemaries all over the place (I put cuttings in everywhere) and salvias - sages - are a minor obsession, lol...

I have just put ten elephant garlic cloves in too! Nom nom nom...
I have noticed this year, when we didn't get a browning off, and everything going to seed...Mercury Bay Weed is more pronounced in my lawn.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Now is a good time to spray...
It's too early for Tom Cats...
Waging war with society
Which leads me to a cat story...

My lovely tortie rescue lady hasn't learned to squat. So, litter box re training ensued, to no avail. Herself marches in, lets fly and marches out. So I moved the litter box into the shower, walls all round might make her feel more secure I thought.... Nope. So I bought her a box with a higher back on it. At great expense I might add - but no, she took that as a challenge to be overcome. And did. I was getting really frustrated with having to sluice out the shower and the underside of the overpriced tray just so she didn't have to lower her fluffy bum as every other female cat on the planet knows how to do...

And then I had a brainwave at 2am one night and the next morning hauled out one of the big plastic storage boxes from the underhouse, you know those big Warehouse things with wheels... I cut an entry hole in one end, put her favourite litter inside, put that in the shower and waited with bated breath and all digits crossed.

Sorted. But that little toad? Now she digs a wee hole (pun intended) in the litter, squats and covers and marches out just like her zillions of sisters.

Bloody cats.
My daughter made something similar for her cat who was doing the same thing.
Waging war with society
(12-06-2023, 07:54 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: My lovely tortie rescue lady hasn't learned to squat. 

Oh they know. If she won't it's because she is spraying on purpose.

(12-06-2023, 02:06 PM)Kenj Wrote: What about the parsley sage and rosemary?

Some make good ground covers because they are low growing. Other herbs don't because they grow tall....really tall. Sage ends up a small shrub or tree. Parsley can get chest high.
If that's what you were asking...

(04-02-2022, 01:57 PM)Magoo Wrote: i cannot get them to start. i fucken hate them. i get apoplectic.

when we lived in napier i went ballistic trying to get the effing thing going.
i gave it a good kicking because i couldnt find the axe. then set fire to it, and threw the smouldering carcass off the tutaekuri bridge later that night on my way to work.

Wow, you littered?? Could have taken to the scrap guys, free of charge.

If they don't start it's not hard to check. Spark plugs for starters.
And some maintenance...always clean the mower after use. 

Change the engine oil.
Replace and clean the air filter.
Sharpen the lawn mower blades.
At least every 12 months.

Don't leave it sitting outdoors, put it in a shed or garage after use.

[size=1]every 12 months[/size]
(12-06-2023, 03:03 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Parsley still at seedling stage, rosemaries all over the place (I put cuttings in everywhere) and salvias - sages - are a minor obsession, lol...

I was actually thinking of the old classic by Simon and Garfunkel, Parsley,  sage, rosemary and thyme.  Tongue
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(13-06-2023, 11:19 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 03:03 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Parsley still at seedling stage, rosemaries all over the place (I put cuttings in everywhere) and salvias - sages - are a minor obsession, lol...

I was actually thinking of the old classic by Simon and Garfunkel, Parsley,  rosemary and thyme.  Tongue
They're rack and cupboard plants, not lawn flora.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Well that depends. If those idiots doing ours would just stop we could all have swathes of herbs instead of cooch grass.

Their latest crimes? They weedeated the snowdrop clump down to an inch and a half.

Bastards.