Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losers, the useless and the bottom of the barrel
all gathered in wellington today
thick arrogant wankers thought they might win some hearts and minds by bringing the capital to a standstill
bullying shopowners and staff to the point most of them closed up.
the logic truly befits the gormless buffoons
this is tough enough without these gutless crybaby bitches making it worse.
cops should have waded into them, cave in a few heads we'll see how many of the useless unemployable losers come back for more.
who knew we had so many slack-jawed sub human luddites among us?
its been a real eye opener.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Where are the cops throughout this? Noticeably missing in action.
Bunch of these airheads were in Picton today and blocking Waikawa road both sides.
My daughter in law was unable to get out onto the road to get to the school to pick up my grandson.
All these morons did was constant horn blasting and yelling.
This was a normal suburban street completely and illegally blocked by these self righteous ar***holes and where were the cops?
Invisible.
Once the protesters do something blatantly illegal there will be police action involved. Aggravating an annoying situation is likely to just worsen the situation but if the police have something they can get their teeth into, such as the protestors intention to set up camp on parliament's front lawn, we'll see some action. Could be an interesting night in Welly.
(08-02-2022, 05:50 PM)harm_less Wrote: Once the protesters do something blatantly illegal there will be police action involved. Aggravating an annoying situation is likely to just worsen the situation but if the police have something they can get their teeth into, such as the protestors intention to set up camp on parliament's front lawn, we'll see some action. Could be an interesting night in Welly.
Isn’t blocking a suburban street with vehicles illegal?
what would be the situation if there was an emergency and an ambulance or a fire appliance needed access.
My DIL rang the local Police station and they simply said “we are aware of the current situation”.
It’s lawlessness that is being overlooked. IMO.
(08-02-2022, 06:09 PM)ObeWan Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 05:50 PM)harm_less Wrote: Once the protesters do something blatantly illegal there will be police action involved. Aggravating an annoying situation is likely to just worsen the situation but if the police have something they can get their teeth into, such as the protestors intention to set up camp on parliament's front lawn, we'll see some action. Could be an interesting night in Welly.
Isn’t blocking a suburban street with vehicles illegal?
what would be the situation if there was an emergency and an ambulance or a fire appliance needed access.
My DIL rang the local Police station and they simply said “we are aware of the current situation”.
Get a decent sized fire engine and do a Mad Max on them to force the way through. The situation didn't arise so it didn't get to 'push comes to shove' situation. But now that protestor numbers have depleted I'm guessing we'll see a few tents uprooted.
(08-02-2022, 06:16 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 06:09 PM)ObeWan Wrote: Isn’t blocking a suburban street with vehicles illegal?
Get a decent sized fire engine and do a Mad Max on them to force the way through. The situation didn't arise so it didn't get to 'push comes to shove' situation. But now that protestor numbers have depleted I'm guessing we'll see a few tents uprooted.
*snort*
tents, we should be so lucky.
wonky multi coloured corrugated iron, plywood and tarpaulins seem to be building materials of choice for these squatters. they'll have the place looking like soweto by sunday.
(08-02-2022, 06:33 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 06:16 PM)harm_less Wrote: Get a decent sized fire engine and do a Mad Max on them to force the way through. The situation didn't arise so it didn't get to 'push comes to shove' situation. But now that protestor numbers have depleted I'm guessing we'll see a few tents uprooted.
*snort*
wonky multi coloured corrugated iron, plywood and tarpaulins seem to be building materials of choice for these squatters. they'll have the place looking like soweto by sunday.
Your prejudices are showing. Looks more like tents on the TV news footage.
(08-02-2022, 06:39 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 06:33 PM)Magoo Wrote: *snort*
Your prejudices are showing. Looks more like tents on the TV news footage.
gotta sleep somewhere while you assemble the slum.

(08-02-2022, 06:45 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 06:39 PM)harm_less Wrote: Your prejudices are showing. Looks more like tents on the TV news footage.
gotta sleep somewhere while you assemble the slum.
i lol'd@ ''prejudices showing'
that and every other post i make
Yeah, let's go down there and sort those fuckers out ! Who's coming with me ? We leave at dawn !
(08-02-2022, 06:49 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Yeah, let's go down there and sort those fuckers out ! Who's coming with me ? We leave at dawn !
dawn? wtf cant we wait for a sensible time to kick off?
spose if i stay up all nite i could be up at 6.
I just can't imagine what they are expecting to gain. I saw one young woman interviewed who said that they felt their message was being ignored so they needed to get some attention. But alienating the entire population of Wellington is not the way to endear yourselves to anyone. And did they really think that the PM or the leader of the opposition would enable them by engaging ? Completely daft.
The smallest percentage of the general population. And the noisiest...
I think most of them are idiots too however as in any democracy they have the right to protest and to have their thoughts heard. Was it a good idea to block traffic in Wellington? No - not smart and it won't endear themselves to the public as a whole. And like the climate protesters who came before them not a good look.

Also some comments elsewhere about Ardern hiding. While it would have been brave to meet them it would also have been a waste of time as they would never accept anything she or Hipkins says. Potentially she could have met privately with a delegation from the protest to hear their concerns.
who wants to stop legal protesting? not me.
in a democracy we are expected, and mandated by law to protest peacefully.
closing streets, leaving cars abandoned in intersections and shouting abuse at employees and staff are all illegal and dangerous activities.
why should we make exceptions just because some folks are mentally deficient? ignorance is no excuse and they dont come any more ignorant than these pond scum.
Finally had enough of these morons. Time to leave.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3005134...parliament
i would love to know how many were there actually for the purpose of the protest, as in fully supportive of what the message behind it was, and how many attended just to help cause chaos. like the last one a few weeks ago, i am willing to bet over half were there looking for their 15mins and to have some "fun" causing problems for those not in attendance.

i have been part of a big protest to the beehive, many years ago now, and there were a few with us who just wanted to rip shit up and act like big heroes. thankfully, they flew under the radar of the media and our cause stayed clear the whole time. but as a whole, we did our damndest to play nice for the rest of the citizens and stay in their good books.
Police are in the process of shutting down the protest with individuals being arrested. Live video feed here: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3005142...parliament
(10-02-2022, 08:09 AM)harm_less Wrote: Police are in the process of shutting down the protest with individuals being arrested. Live video feed here: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3005142...parliament
It's all being very ***nice*** and UNconfronting to the Protestors.  I"d advocate high powered water cannons with the Army behind them wrapping up all these people in handcuffs and foot restraints.  Then later on picking them up at leisure and transporting them all to say Antarctica or giving them a choice of living and working INSIDE a Covid ward in a hospital somewhere - without PPE.  And NO treatment if/when they fall ill.
(10-02-2022, 08:16 AM)Me+Me Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 08:09 AM)harm_less Wrote: Police are in the process of shutting down the protest with individuals being arrested. Live video feed here: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3005142...parliament
It's all being very ***nice*** and UNconfronting to the Protestors.  I"d advocate high powered water cannons with the Army behind them wrapping up all these people in handcuffs and foot restraints.  Then later on picking them up at leisure and transporting them all to say Antarctica or giving them a choice of living and working INSIDE a Covid ward in a hospital somewhere - without PPE.  And NO treatment if/when they fall ill.
With your attitude maybe you'd be more comfortable living in a country that ignores the rights of its citizens such as China.
At least here he is free to express those thoughts out loud without the risk of being picked up and disappeared...