Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cutting neighbour's tree without permission
It is a difficult one, because while having a bastard next door is a challenge, so is losing your garden to someone else's plantings. But no, entering a neighbouring property to damage trees is illegal, but, if it happens the brunt of the trouble will be yours, because you have to pursue the matter. I think for the sake of the trees and to save future hassles I would have trained arborists do a judicious trim on them, and I would make sure those cameras were not causing a breach of the neighbours privacy.

And I do understand the feelings involved. Our first ever home had silver birches lining the fence between ours and a rental property next door, that had been there for years without issue. Till new tenants arrived, and one day when we were out they took a chainsaw to their side and unbalanced the entire line. It was a complete tragedy, but at least they had the grace to remove the branches they took down as well.

Forty years later it still rankles...

Messages In This Thread
Cutting neighbour's tree without permission - by Underwhelmed - 10-02-2022, 11:39 PM
RE: Cutting neighbour's tree without permission - by Oh_hunnihunni - 11-02-2022, 05:58 AM