Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am addicted to expensive yarns
Heart 
... you know, the ones that Spotlight et al do not stock. The gorgeous colours, the pure fibres, the careful spinning, the ones from distant exotic lands.

The yarns that make all the effort, the hours, and the love that goes into the finished piece truly worth every single bit.
told you i followed you lol
No accounting for taste eh?
(24-02-2020, 08:21 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No accounting for taste eh?
exacery
yes i know
Its normal. I've been known to buy expensive fabric, purely for the ownership, knowing full well I will never cut into it. Sometimes I like to take it out of the cupboard just to touch it and admire it. This is not weird in any way (no, its not!). In the grand scheme of addictions, its relatively minor and harmless.
(10-07-2020, 12:15 PM)datoofairy Wrote: Its normal.  I've been known to buy expensive fabric, purely for the ownership, knowing full well I will never cut into it.  Sometimes I like to take it out of the cupboard just to touch it and admire it.  This is not weird in any way (no, its not!).  In the grand scheme of addictions, its relatively minor and harmless.

I wouldn't worry too much - we all have our little idiosyncrasies.
The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.
Rolleyes Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(10-07-2020, 12:15 PM)datoofairy Wrote: Its normal.  I've been known to buy expensive fabric, purely for the ownership, knowing full well I will never cut into it.  Sometimes I like to take it out of the cupboard just to touch it and admire it.  This is not weird in any way (no, its not!).  In the grand scheme of addictions, its relatively minor and harmless.

"The joy of possession" Smile
Your doggy story reminds me of friends whose bitch had had a litter of pups. The runt of the litter (our favourite lol) got into the dried dog food and needed surgery to empty his tummy. Cost them a small fortune (over $1000!) so they lost a lot of money on that litter. But I see him whenever I have my hair cut and he is just the happiest dog. Our dogs get into all sorts of mischief, but we pay the vet bills and love them even more Heart I hope your DD's pup recovers quickly, especially from that cone of shame lol.
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
well that was a stuff up lol... I cut the heads off the dinosaurs on the fabric I was using to make a charity quilt. As MrK pointed out, they are extinct anyway lol. The Furry One can have it when we eventually buy him his bed for winter. He won't care I mucked it up Heart It's his birthday today and he's 12. Heart
I like dirty yarns myself  Dance Yes
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I think we will find Forest & Bird will change the rules for the next election and make it NZ residents only. I'm not an Oliver fan, so wasn't happy with his campaigning. But nothing we could do as it wasn't against the rules.

I see the try that was disallowed in the Rugby World Cup should have been allowed as the TMO couldn't go back four phases of play and they did.
I think it would be only fair for Forest and Bird to declare John Oliver an Honourary New Zealand Bird, seriously endangered, perhaps alongside the Moa.

Another bird that had too much neck for its own good.